Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 9:47 am

Does Andaz charge for a third guest if staying with award nights? Appreciate any insight anyone can offer. Thank you!
Old Jan 28, 2018, 10:18 am

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
Hopefully this is just false information since the website clearly still says in the description that the standard suites are the partial ocean and full ocean view.
Can you share where on the website you see this?

Separately, for those that have recently stayed, is the resort fee now $45 or still $40?

Website says $40 but my email confirm says $45.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Anyone able to confirm the ocean suite with a TSU recently? I tried again and was rejected again
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:33 pm

@slice it's in the description. i just checked, it still says standard suite for both. this is even after i called and they said they are changing the description to remove that part. i was not successful after calling and speaking with multiple supervisors and the hotel, description or not.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
I was able to confirm my TSU into an ocean view suite back on 12/12/17 for my stay next week. From the sound of it, I think I got lucky as it was during the window when they were allowing it.
Andrew Billings likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 4:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
I was able to confirm my TSU into an ocean view suite back on 12/12/17 for my stay next week. From the sound of it, I think I got lucky as it was during the window when they were allowing it.
​​​​​​​who confirmed it for you?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by tyvoodoo
I would love to know the story behind why they switched the suite categories for a few months just to switch them back. The way this property plays games with award nights, it wouldn't surprise me if they were intentionally trying to add confusion to prevent guests from successfully using their upgrades. E.g. guest books stay and is told POV and OV suites qualify for TSU but none available; guest checks website every day for months and is excited to see an OV suite finally become available; guest calls to apply upgrade and is told TSU now books into pool suite but none available; meanwhile guest saw pool suite available many times over the past few months but didn't call to confirm because not aware of the policy change. Maybe it's as simple as losing revenue on the suites since there are more POV and OV suites than pool suites, but surely they knew that would happen???
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold.
@bknets88

Hyatt diamond line who then confirmed it with the property. It was pretty straight forward, called up the diamond line, mentioned that there was OV suite availability, they put me on hold to call the property and confirm it.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by slice
Separately, for those that have recently stayed, is the resort fee now $45 or still $40?

Website says $40 but my email confirm says $45.
Answering my own question. There is new language on reservation search page that says resort fee is now $45, effective for all bookings made on or after Feb 1.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 5:55 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I know this property is a frequent game player re: points redemption stays. I recall it used to be a minimum 4 or 5 nights or nothing, but that does not seem to work any more. Haven't been able to find anything between April and June. (we're somewhat time limited in when we can go, but one would think between spring break but before summer wouldn't be awful.)

Anyone have the latest on how to beat the silly games?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
I know this property is a frequent game player re: points redemption stays. I recall it used to be a minimum 4 or 5 nights or nothing, but that does not seem to work any more. Haven't been able to find anything between April and June. (we're somewhat time limited in when we can go, but one would think between spring break but before summer wouldn't be awful.)

Anyone have the latest on how to beat the silly games?
They've bumped the minimum to 10 days.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 6:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Kacee
They've bumped the minimum to 10 days.
So essentially blocking almost any redemption. Lovely.

Has anyone had luck with Hyatt getting some recourse for this nonsense?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by McFlyPHL
So essentially blocking almost any redemption. Lovely.

Has anyone had luck with Hyatt getting some recourse for this nonsense?
It's possible to book 10, then drop it down.

But yes, nonsense.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
It's possible to book 10, then drop it down.
If you have 10 days worth of points to use...i'm sure many FTers can cover that but overall probably a pretty small portion of those who want to redeem have that kind of reserve.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by boolean64
If you have 10 days worth of points to use...i'm sure many FTers can cover that but overall probably a pretty small portion of those who want to redeem have that kind of reserve.
We can cover the points for 10 days, but when I read the policies and fees on the Andaz website it just looks like they plan to shake us down for every dollar they can get (and thus likely stick us in a dumpster view room). Has that been others' experience?
but
We've done the HR on Maui and it was fine. Were hoping to try something new but don't want to wind up angry on our vacation!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.