FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Andaz Maui REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1499414-andaz-maui-review-master-thread.html)

canyonleo Feb 22, 2016 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by iherebyresign (Post 26228580)
SAP is a software company. I would assume this means they bought out most of the rooms for a gathering.

Likely incentive travel for sales reps that perform (well) over quota... might be called "quota club". These are typically 3-5 nights, and then the hotel goes back to normal. Or, for companies large enough (I don't think SAP North America, or even SAP global) is, they might have to schedule two events back to back, which might mean the hotel is "taken" for a longer number of nights.

Michael Ad Feb 22, 2016 7:13 pm

The assistant manager told me SAP had all of the Wailea hotels booked for the next few days: Grand Wailea, Fairmont, Marriott, Four Seasons.

yerffej201 Feb 23, 2016 4:00 pm

Does anyone have a VIP Manager email contact for this property? Would be greatly appreciated - PM if necessary!

canyonleo Feb 23, 2016 4:11 pm

I posted one up-thread... I think... likely in Nov-Dec timeframe... but I don't remember the info without a search.

Duane Haas Feb 29, 2016 6:31 am

I have a question about the property and C+P rooms. I have 4 nights on a C+P rate for March 2017 with a confirmed DSU. I would like to change it to February 2017, but the C+P rate isn't currently available, and points nights aren't available unless you do 6 nights. Does anyone know if this would be possible? The rooms are all available, just not the C+P pricing.

RTW1 Feb 29, 2016 8:01 am

If there's no availability there's no availability.... P+C is fully up to a property and carries no guaranteed availability like a full points award does. You are left with contacting the hotel directly and asking if they are willing to open up availability or work with you another way. But don't count on it.

zzrayzz Feb 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Andaz Maui is so sneaky.
They are offering the Andaz Garden Queen in the "Limited Time" rate (prepaid) and this room type does not even show up on the Hyatt Daily Rate. As a result, awards are NOT bookable.

CAN THEY EVEN DO THIS!?!? So messed up...

Duane Haas Feb 29, 2016 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by RTW1 (Post 26260573)
If there's no availability there's no availability.... P+C is fully up to a property and carries no guaranteed availability like a full points award does. You are left with contacting the hotel directly and asking if they are willing to open up availability or work with you another way. But don't count on it.

I ended up contacting Andaz Maui through their reservations email ([email protected]) and told them I had 4 nights booked for March 2017 and gave them dates in February 2017 that I wanted (and had pool side suite availability). They contacted me back within a couple of hours and changed it for me. So in my seemingly lucky case, it was beneficial to at least ask.

RTW1 Mar 1, 2016 2:42 am

Good to hear.. I normally have good experiences contacting a property directly as well.

koctail Mar 1, 2016 3:11 pm

We will be in Maui 7/31-8/7. I have 4 free night coupons from hyatt credit card the wife and I signed up for and enough points for 2 nights. I wanted to split the stay 3 nights at the Andaz and the remaining at Kaanapali plus one paid night at the end. Reservations said Andaz was not available for any days during my stay. I advised them that on the website paid standard rooms are available and it is my understanding that the coupons are valid when those rooms are avaialble...i am seeing mountain view rooms are available on the website. she just said i am sorry no availabilty...for points either. feel misled by the advertising on these free nights, but not surprised. my only option was to book the entire stay at kaanapali. I inquired about the new residences on kaanapali as well and they said no availablity there either. any one else try and use their free night certs at this andaz location?

canyonleo Mar 1, 2016 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by koctail (Post 26268652)
We will be in Maui 7/31-8/7. I have 4 free night coupons from hyatt credit card the wife and I signed up for and enough points for 2 nights. I wanted to split the stay 3 nights at the Andaz and the remaining at Kaanapali plus one paid night at the end. Reservations said Andaz was not available for any days during my stay. I advised them that on the website paid standard rooms are available and it is my understanding that the coupons are valid when those rooms are avaialble...i am seeing mountain view rooms are available on the website. she just said i am sorry no availabilty...for points either. feel misled by the advertising on these free nights, but not surprised. my only option was to book the entire stay at kaanapali. I inquired about the new residences on kaanapali as well and they said no availablity there either. any one else try and use their free night certs at this andaz location?

I believe the property has to have the lowest rate room type available for you to use these... if only a higher rate room type (like ocean or partial ocean view) are available, then you can't use the award for it. At this property the lowest rate type room is Garden View. Thus, if you only see Mountain View, then the lowest isn't available... Mountain View is not the lowest.

Max M Mar 1, 2016 7:58 pm

I emailed the GM per canyonleo's with the contact info provided, well upthread 48 hours ago, and have yet to hear back from him.

With our stay happening in ~48hours, perhaps someone here who has stated recently at the Andaz Maui could answer the following question:

Does Morimoto have a room-charge agreement with the Andaz Maui?

[If there is not such a room-charge agreement, I would assume Morimoto does not accept Hyatt Gift cards.]

Also, does Morimoto offer any sort of happy hour offering? [discounted drinks, appetizers, etc.]

Thanks!

josephstern Mar 1, 2016 8:08 pm

Yes, you can charge Morimoto to your room, most definitely.

Max M Mar 1, 2016 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 26269953)
Yes, you can charge Morimoto to your room, most definitely.

Fantastic news!

Thanks josephstern. :)

sam_goh Mar 1, 2016 9:09 pm

I think there's something somewhere that Morimoto's doesn't earn GHP though even if charged to room bill?