Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2022, 9:28 am

Has anyone got a response from Hyatt on this issue?
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by richarddd
Not a peep from Consumer Affairs yet.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by richarddd
I had seen one European Hyatt hotel play games to prevent award bookings. After a few months of being on their case, the hotel came around to release premium rooms for cash+points — bad value and it may have actually been cash+points for upgrade first — but made nothing else available with points. Then they moved to adding premium room availability for points. Eventually they got around to adding standard room availability using points. Initially, the hotel didn’t want to upgrade me to the best available premium room per the Globalist benefit, and I had to go back to the front desk to point out they are selling a “standard” “suite” and so I should get it. They did upgrade me, but the property was not really into happily doing it. Not so amusingly, it also turned out to be one of the few times where a Hyatt award stay did not post as a night eligible toward status and thus did not count toward the promotional bonus points that should have come with the stay (even as it was a points stay).

Lesson: When a hotel plays games with award availability, they may also be more likely to play other customer-unfriendly games such as not upgrading customers as much as required by program terms.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Lesson: When a hotel plays games with award availability, they may also be more likely to play other customer-unfriendly games such as not upgrading customers as much as required by program terms.
Definitely. I wanted HdL to be a solid Paris Hyatt alternative to Vendome but their attitude to points and shenanigans are off-putting. It would just be a one night badge pickup for me.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Also, let's not be coy - we all know that FT is full of posters who are constantly commenting about how amazing Hyatt is and how terrible Marriott is - I'm just pointing out the irony.
Get over yourself..."we" all know that Hyatt is leaps and bounds better than Marriott just about every fashion, but not a single Hyatt Globalist/loyalist has every said Hyatt is perfect in every regard and without flaws.

Oh, and before you call me a Hyatt sycophant, I was the one who contacted the hotel GM directly and had a back and forth, and also flagged it w/Hyatt Corp. Affairs, my Concierge, and Gary Leff...and then before you know it, points (albeit imperfect at the moment) opened up. Try ever getting an outcome like that w/Marriott.
GUWonder and Aventine like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:30 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Get over yourself..."we" all know that Hyatt is leaps and bounds better than Marriott just about every fashion, but not a single Hyatt Globalist/loyalist has every said Hyatt is perfect in every regard and without flaws.

Oh, and before you call me a Hyatt sycophant, I was the one who contacted the hotel GM directly and had a back and forth, and also flagged it w/Hyatt Corp. Affairs, my Concierge, and Gary Leff...and then before you know it, points (albeit imperfect at the moment) opened up. Try ever getting an outcome like that w/Marriott.
So, your efforts managed to get the hotel to start offering points rates by lying to guests about the existence of a Club offering that doesn't exist? I don't understand how that could be seen as a successful engagement on your part.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
So, your efforts managed to get the hotel to start offering points rates by lying to guests about the existence of a Club offering that doesn't exist? I don't understand how that could be seen as a successful engagement on your part.
Let's see...rooms with points not available (due to a wholescale hotel renovation), changes to rooms available with points? And upthread later in the season available at normal rates. I call that positive progress.

Troll on back to the Marriott forum where you can enjoy spreading sunshine on a turd of a program & despicable company and talk about how nice that smells.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
So…how’s the hotel bar here?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:44 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Let's see...rooms with points not available (due to a wholescale hotel renovation), changes to rooms available with points? And upthread later in the season available at normal rates. I call that positive progress.

Troll on back to the Marriott forum where you can enjoy spreading sunshine on a turd of a program & despicable company and talk about how nice that smells.
If you're so blinded that you don't think Hyatt offering rates that are dishonest is seen as dishonest, well, then, I don't know what to say. Here is a screenshot of what this property is offering - this is not customer-centric as WoH members who don't read this forum could spend their hard-earned points expecting a Club Lounge that doesn't exist. It's deceitful.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:44 pm

What about the gym? Free weights or mostly resistance?
Kacee likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you're so blinded that you don't think Hyatt offering rates that are dishonest is seen as dishonest, well, then, I don't know what to say. Here is a screenshot of what this property is offering - this is not customer-centric as WoH members who don't read this forum could spend their hard-earned points expecting a Club Lounge that doesn't exist. It's deceitful.
I'm not blinded, I am the realist who I like to think led the charge to get the property to offer points rooms. And now they do. And I bet within a week or two they will be back at the Category 6 rates (you know, the rate chart that Marriott no longer offers).

Now, go on back to Marriott and sing the praises of the most anti-consumer T&L company in the industry right now.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:55 pm

no need to argue with the straw man police… drag you down to that level you can’t return from. Hyatt can’t do anything wrong, don’t you know?

having said that, the case with this might be a classification issue hopefully will get resolved.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by myperks
no need to argue with the straw man police… drag you down to that level you can’t return from. Hyatt can’t do anything wrong, don’t you know?
Why don't you derail this thread too claiming why all the Hyatt loyalists say that Marriott Platinum and higher is garbage in China. Yeah that worked out great last time, you really got a lot of traction there.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:02 pm

Is the concierge responsive?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:04 pm

Why don't you derail this thread too claiming why all the Hyatt loyalists say that Marriott Platinum and higher is garbage in China. Yeah that worked out great last time, you really got a lot of traction there.
don’t worry… you took all the credit there… and derailing here as well… “consensus”… pffftttt… America’s literacy at its best.

back to topic, classifying “normal rooms” as club rooms is insincere (unless it comes with some normal club benefits such as breakfasts or drinks, don’t necessarily need a club).

if Marriott did this (but award pricing there is different), the Hyatt fans will be all over it… hypocrites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.