Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Du Louvre, Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2021, 3:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA: 2 MM
Originally Posted by xooz
To quote my college roommate..." Enough is enough, but too much is just right!"
My mother always said, "Enough is plenty, plenty isn't enough."
xooz likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2021, 4:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by dkc192
To clarify, we'll be a party of three, and the other two adults are my parents. With four family members or me solo and another couple, I'd definitely get a second room, but with three family members it's harder to justify, especially when I can get one room and apply a TSU.
In that case, I suspect it will be a YMMV situation, very much property dependent. Some properties may just comp all three breakfasts, but I'd go in assuming you'll be paying for one and then be happily surprised if all 3 get wiped off the bill.

Regards
Old May 3, 2022, 4:11 pm

My family of 4 (kids are 8 and 11) stayed here for a week in March, and had a wonderful experience. I had to book 2 rooms (50k points a night) to accommodate all of us, which was the only unfortunate part. They do have some family suites that have bunkbeds in a separate room, and those were going for a lower cash rate than the suites I could get for 40k points, so I tried to negotiate a family suite for 40k points, but that was a no go. So we had 2 standard interconnecting rooms. It was at least nice to have 2 bathrooms for getting ready in the morning. Our rooms (354, 356) had a great view of the Louvre. I booked the 2nd room in my husband's name as a Guest of Honor so that we could get the free breakfast for everyone (though I believe kids under 10 are free regardless).

Rooms:
The rooms themselves were pretty small, but we never felt too cramped. I've certainly stayed in smaller rooms in Europe, and we were pleased with the amount of storage and closet space for our clothes. We were able to fully unpack, which is somewhat rare. We had no complaints about noise, cleanliness, or anything else. The rooms were in good condition, the bed linens were nice, the bathrooms had great water pressure and towel warmers. We never did figure out the strange thermostats in the rooms, though. They had no temp, in C or F, to set them to, just a series of negative numbers that didn't seem to correspond to much of anything. In one room, we were comfortable at -2.8 and, in the other room, -4.0

Breakfast:
As a Globalist, this was an excellent experience. The room was lovely, service was good, and it was a premium buffet, with no limits on what you could order. You could get the buffet, multiple espresso drinks, add something extra from the a la carte, all included. We were less than pleased with the hot dishes on the buffet (eggs, roasted potatoes, bacon - the bacon was always overdone, and the eggs were a bit underdone for me, plus not warm enough), but everything else was stellar. Pastries, many breads (including a couple from Eric Kayser), delicious individually-jarred fruit salads (with kiwi, mango, oranges, berries, grapefruit, etc), great muesli and chia puddings, smoked salmon and charcuterie meats, cheeses, etc. This was really a great start to our mornings and let us hit the ground running and mostly skip lunches.

Service:
No complaints, though of course, French service is a bit more reserved than American. We never felt it was snobby or stuffy here. I had a nice 20 min conversation with one of the front desk guys one day while waiting for something else. The breakfast workers were always warm and prompt. Housekeeping did a great job. We sent out laundry to be done by a private service one day (Lavey Livery - highly recommend), and the belldesk seemed a bit taken aback at our request to leave our laundry bag (that I'd brought from home for this purpose; it's a classy looking bag, not just like, a trash bag) with them for the service to pick up. We tipped them, of course, but they clearly are more used to patrons who are willing to pay 10 euros per shirt for simple laundering. We'd already spent a week in London prior to coming here, so we weren't going to be paying per item. The laundry service was about 30E total for a big 10-15lb bag, with colors/whites separated.

Location absolutely cannot be beat. Amazing. This was our 5th trip to Paris, and it was nice to be so central with the kids. We walked a ton.

We've stayed at the Park Hyatt Vendome before and truly liked this property better. I'm not a fan of the 80s gold and black scheme over at the Vendome, nor of the omnipresent Blaise Mautin smell (though I know it has many fans). Our view at the Vendome was of an interior courtyard; the room felt dark and dated. Breakfast was incredible, but I'd say The HdL comes pretty close in quality. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Old May 3, 2022, 4:33 pm

Agreed with everything above. The HdL is to me the quintessential Parisian hotel. Especially if you get to stay in the Pissarro Suite.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old May 3, 2022, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by League
My family of 4 (kids are 8 and 11) stayed here for a week in March, and had a wonderful experience. I had to book 2 rooms (50k points a night) to accommodate all of us, which was the only unfortunate part. They do have some family suites that have bunkbeds in a separate room, and those were going for a lower cash rate than the suites I could get for 40k points, so I tried to negotiate a family suite for 40k points, but that was a no go. So we had 2 standard interconnecting rooms. It was at least nice to have 2 bathrooms for getting ready in the morning. Our rooms (354, 356) had a great view of the Louvre. I booked the 2nd room in my husband's name as a Guest of Honor so that we could get the free breakfast for everyone (though I believe kids under 10 are free regardless).

Rooms:
The rooms themselves were pretty small, but we never felt too cramped. I've certainly stayed in smaller rooms in Europe, and we were pleased with the amount of storage and closet space for our clothes. We were able to fully unpack, which is somewhat rare. We had no complaints about noise, cleanliness, or anything else. The rooms were in good condition, the bed linens were nice, the bathrooms had great water pressure and towel warmers. We never did figure out the strange thermostats in the rooms, though. They had no temp, in C or F, to set them to, just a series of negative numbers that didn't seem to correspond to much of anything. In one room, we were comfortable at -2.8 and, in the other room, -4.0

Breakfast:
As a Globalist, this was an excellent experience. The room was lovely, service was good, and it was a premium buffet, with no limits on what you could order. You could get the buffet, multiple espresso drinks, add something extra from the a la carte, all included. We were less than pleased with the hot dishes on the buffet (eggs, roasted potatoes, bacon - the bacon was always overdone, and the eggs were a bit underdone for me, plus not warm enough), but everything else was stellar. Pastries, many breads (including a couple from Eric Kayser), delicious individually-jarred fruit salads (with kiwi, mango, oranges, berries, grapefruit, etc), great muesli and chia puddings, smoked salmon and charcuterie meats, cheeses, etc. This was really a great start to our mornings and let us hit the ground running and mostly skip lunches.

Service:
No complaints, though of course, French service is a bit more reserved than American. We never felt it was snobby or stuffy here. I had a nice 20 min conversation with one of the front desk guys one day while waiting for something else. The breakfast workers were always warm and prompt. Housekeeping did a great job. We sent out laundry to be done by a private service one day (Lavey Livery - highly recommend), and the belldesk seemed a bit taken aback at our request to leave our laundry bag (that I'd brought from home for this purpose; it's a classy looking bag, not just like, a trash bag) with them for the service to pick up. We tipped them, of course, but they clearly are more used to patrons who are willing to pay 10 euros per shirt for simple laundering. We'd already spent a week in London prior to coming here, so we weren't going to be paying per item. The laundry service was about 30E total for a big 10-15lb bag, with colors/whites separated.

Location absolutely cannot be beat. Amazing. This was our 5th trip to Paris, and it was nice to be so central with the kids. We walked a ton.

We've stayed at the Park Hyatt Vendome before and truly liked this property better. I'm not a fan of the 80s gold and black scheme over at the Vendome, nor of the omnipresent Blaise Mautin smell (though I know it has many fans). Our view at the Vendome was of an interior courtyard; the room felt dark and dated. Breakfast was incredible, but I'd say The HdL comes pretty close in quality. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Agree with everything you said, including your thoughts about the PHV. Much prefer the HdL and will be staying there again in July in the family suite. This is our go to hotel in Paris as it’s easy for us to get everywhere from there.
Old Jun 2, 2022, 5:08 pm

Has anyone found award availability at this hotel recently? I can't tell if the hotel is just very popular or if they are playing games with the availability.

A few weeks ago, I tried to find a few days availability for a trip in October, and couldn't find any and just thought I was looking to close to the trip. Today I checked again for availability, but this time I also checked tons of dates in 2023 and couldn't find any award availability. I tried single night, two night and 5 night stays on weekends and weeknights in several months in 2023 (including June) and couldn't find anything. I could always book "1 King bed view" with cash, but could never find a room lower than it to book with points.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by flyeranon247
Has anyone found award availability at this hotel recently? I can't tell if the hotel is just very popular or if they are playing games with the availability.

A few weeks ago, I tried to find a few days availability for a trip in October, and couldn't find any and just thought I was looking to close to the trip. Today I checked again for availability, but this time I also checked tons of dates in 2023 and couldn't find any award availability. I tried single night, two night and 5 night stays on weekends and weeknights in several months in 2023 (including June) and couldn't find anything. I could always book "1 King bed view" with cash, but could never find a room lower than it to book with points.
Same here - think they're playing some games with all the room types. I had a points reservation booked in October that I needed to change a day, so I guess I am out of luck too
Old Jun 11, 2022, 7:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by flyeranon247

I just ran the same exercise. Nothing.

Going to flag it to my concierge.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I just ran the same exercise. Nothing.

Going to flag it to my concierge.
let us know if anything comes of it
Old Jun 12, 2022, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
There seems to be an inability to EVER book a non-view room (which in theory is probably the base level room). Feels like they reclassified all rooms as having a view, and thus don't have to offer anything w/points.

Sent a note to MHC, could be worth flagging to Gary at VFTW too.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have escalated to Corporate Affairs and have been assigned a case # - should be hearing back within 72 hours.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 7:28 pm

There seems to be an inability to EVER book a non-view room (which in theory is probably the base level room). Feels like they reclassified all rooms as having a view, and thus don't have to offer anything w/points.

Sent a note to MHC, could be worth flagging to Gary at VFTW too.
This has to be new as 2021 and 2022 I was able to book a base room on points and use a SUA to upgrade to a suite. We are heading there in a couple weeks and I booked the room in Sep 2021. There was availability then.
SeeTheLights likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ceebee100
This has to be new as 2021 and 2022 I was able to book a base room on points and use a SUA to upgrade to a suite. We are heading there in a couple weeks and I booked the room in Sep 2021. There was availability then.
Do you remember the name or type of the base room you booked on points? Fair to say it did not say View in the description?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 4:55 am

Do you remember the name or type of the base room you booked on points? Fair to say it did not say View in the description?
Just looked at my reservation. It says Standard room One King bed. 25k points.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ceebee100
Just looked at my reservation. It says Standard room One King bed. 25k points.
Thanks for letting me know.

Mystery solved apparently - note from the hotel GM.
Indeed, all our standard rooms are currently closed. We are facing technical issues in these rooms and we will be launching renovations of these rooms from January for several months. We will be reopening these rooms once the renovations will be completed, most probably from August next year.

I have asked if they would be willing to open up a View room on points, will see.
ceebee100 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.