Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts Announce New Loyalty Program Relationship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts Announce New Loyalty Program Relationship

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by ElmhurstNick
Right now, however, airfares to Vegas are going to have to come down substantially for me to have a really significant long-term benefit.
This is just one reason why I think this partnership won't result in an influx of new Diamonds. Maybe a few extra business travelers can take advantage of this but the cheapo rates are only Monday through Thursday anyway, so there won't be too many leisure stays involved here.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: UA MM 1K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium Elite
I just paid 399.00 to stay at MGM for 1 night. Cheapo rates in Vegas are not so Cheapo when I'm in town. Usually for a convention when the entire city is expensive, even Circus CIrcus was asking for 299.00
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
Actually, is it important to enforcement or in potential disputes if it's only in the FAQ? Perhaps the sages here have the experience to know the answer.
No telling how strict they'll be until the program has been in effect for a while. Until the bugs get shaken out, my approach is to cut no corners and keep as good a paper trail as possible to show that I've followed the rules to the letter.

If the computer doesn't award the points as it should, having the paper shows that the points are deserved.

In my case, my reservation is for early July so I'll follow the forums after 6/20 to see what others have experienced and call early July to re-confirm and make sure that the Hyatt is added.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
While I concur completely with everything you say, it's this I focus on:

Originally Posted by Peter Silberman
...the rules to the letter.
It's probably just a lack of sophistication in the loyalty program milieu, but it's not in the t&c. At least, it wasn't this morning. Though, also with the lack of sophistication, it could show up there by this afternoon without fanfare. Which would be good enough.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:22 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I can't find anything in the T&C. I know the partnership officially starts on 6/20. Have Hyatt/MGM stated whether reservations made prior to that date will receive reciprocal benefits? I am traveling to LAS on 6/30 and would love to utilize this.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by jr57
I can't find anything in the T&C. I know the partnership officially starts on 6/20. Have Hyatt/MGM stated whether reservations made prior to that date will receive reciprocal benefits? I am traveling to LAS on 6/30 and would love to utilize this.
The FAQ #22 says that the stay has to begin on/after June 20 so you are ok on that front but you will need to make sure that you jump through all the other hoops like membership in both programs before checkin. The front desk can't register you for MLife so be sure to join online or stop at the MLife desk before checkin if you are not a current MLife member. I'd also suggest reading the faq VERY carefully.

From the faq at http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...gas-FAQs-2.pdf :

) Will I receive credit for past stays at a participating M life resorts if I forgot to provide my
Hyatt Gold Passport and M life membership numbers?
Yes, you can receive credit for past M life-Eligible Stays that began on or after June 20, 2013,
provided that you were both an M life member and Hyatt Gold Passport member prior to
checkout of that M life-Eligible Stay. Please contact M life Member Services at
[email protected] or 866.761.7111 and provide your full name, home address,
property visited, dates of stay, M life number and Hyatt Gold Passport number.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 9:38 pm

The FAQ #22 says that the stay has to begin on/after June 20 so you are ok on that front but you will need to make sure that you jump through all the other hoops like membership in both programs before checkin. The front desk can't register you for MLife so be sure to join online or stop at the MLife desk before checkin if you are not a current MLife member. I'd also suggest reading the faq VERY carefully.

From the faq at http://hyatthotels.hyatt.com/content...gas-FAQs-2.pdf :

) Will I receive credit for past stays at a participating M life resorts if I forgot to provide my
Hyatt Gold Passport and M life membership numbers?
Yes, you can receive credit for past M life-Eligible Stays that began on or after June 20, 2013,
provided that you were both an M life member and Hyatt Gold Passport member prior to
checkout of that M life-Eligible Stay. Please contact M life Member Services at
[email protected] or 866.761.7111 and provide your full name, home address,
property visited, dates of stay, M life number and Hyatt Gold Passport number.
That's good to hear. Thank you ^
Old Jun 11, 2013, 10:32 pm

That's good to hear. Thank you ^
did you book the stay directly with the hotel? no expedia and such. even amex fhr is questionable for hyatt credit now.

to be sure, you might call mlife and verify that the reservation qualifies for mlife tier points.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by kenbo
This is just one reason why I think this partnership won't result in an influx of new Diamonds. Maybe a few extra business travelers can take advantage of this but the cheapo rates are only Monday through Thursday anyway, so there won't be too many leisure stays involved here.
+1

Even for those of us within driving distance (in my case, southern CA), who frequent Vegas, the reality is that I don't expect to earn many stay credits, just points. Reasoning being, the mlife program is already pretty generous about offering rooms for free, even for low tier members.

I am a 'Pearl' member, which I believe is one step up from dirt, yet they routinely offer me 2 free nights in a suite at Mandalay or TheHotel plus a $100 resort credit. Other than holidays, the comp is usually not limited to sun-thu (unlike most cheapo rates, as others have correctly noted above).

All of that said, I am very excited about this additional opportunity to earn Hyatt points; (and slight bump up in mlife status). Admittedly, it's the first thing that's excited me about HGP in the last 2 years. Well done, Hyatt^
Old Jun 12, 2013, 10:32 am

did you book the stay directly with the hotel? no expedia and such. even amex fhr is questionable for hyatt credit now.

to be sure, you might call mlife and verify that the reservation qualifies for mlife tier points.
I booked the stay on mlife.com. I plan on calling later today just to be sure, and perhaps also to see if they have any knowledge of the Hyatt relationship and how the check-in procedure will work considering there is no way to enter my Hyatt number presently. Since I'm traveling so early on in the partnership, I have a feeling there could be some confusion at the desk when I ask to add my Hyatt number to the reservation.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 12:30 pm

Since I'm traveling so early on in the partnership, I have a feeling there could be some confusion at the desk when I ask to add my Hyatt number to the reservation.
Please post your experience after you check out. I'm checking in early July and would appreciate knowing what to expect.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 2:08 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I booked the stay on mlife.com. I plan on calling later today just to be sure, and perhaps also to see if they have any knowledge of the Hyatt relationship and how the check-in procedure will work considering there is no way to enter my Hyatt number presently. Since I'm traveling so early on in the partnership, I have a feeling there could be some confusion at the desk when I ask to add my Hyatt number to the reservation.

After June 20, I'm hoping and expecting that they simply allow us to attach our Hyatt number to our Mlife account. It's needless to provide both numbers with every reservation. Same on Hyatt's end.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 9:27 pm

Please post your experience after you check out. I'm checking in early July and would appreciate knowing what to expect.
I will definitely report back my experiences. Hopefully it will be good news to report, but I'll be sure to keep good records either way.

Originally Posted by JackE
After June 20, I'm hoping and expecting that they simply allow us to attach our Hyatt number to our Mlife account. It's needless to provide both numbers with every reservation. Same on Hyatt's end.
Agreed. It will be so much easier on all levels to simply have the numbers on both accounts. Either way I'm going to have my plat card on me for check in.
Old Jun 14, 2013, 2:02 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
I am most curious about the tier matching -- the Hyatt FAQ makes it sound like it is a one time thing. If one is GP Platinum now, and but advance to Diamond next year, would the member be tier matched at mLife Gold this year and upon qualification to Diamond, be matched to mLife Platinum?
Old Jun 14, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest Companion Pass
I'm curious if two (or more) rooms at an MGM property count as two (or more) stays in HGP. I would expect so. Maybe someone could verify come 6/20.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.