Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt and MGM Resorts Announce New Loyalty Program Relationship

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt and MGM Resorts Announce New Loyalty Program Relationship

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Originally Posted by Markie
Which tier will I receive in the Hyatt Gold Passport program as a current M life member?
M life Sapphire and Pearl Members will be welcomed to Hyatt Gold Passport membership. M life Gold, Platinum and NOIR members will be eligible to opt-in to Platinum status in the Hyatt Gold Passport program

Looks like no MLife match to Diamond!
I would have thought NOIR would be matched to Diamond
Old Jun 6, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by mrredskin
I would have thought NOIR would be matched to Diamond
I think it's fair. Diamond isn't matched to Noir and Noir isn't matched to Diamond.

The noir comped airport limo pickup would be amazing if that was the case.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, IC Amb
I'm not sure after reading through the FAQ's, but if you charge your entire Hakkasan (MGM) or Light/Daylight/Eclipse (MB) bill to your room, will you be able to earn Hyatt points off them?

Similarly, can you earn Hyatt points off Cirque du Soleil and other shows if booked to your room?

FAQ's just say up to $5,000 in incidental spend
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:40 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by mrredskin;
"why in the heck would Mirage be a 6??? if anything, it should be a 4
+1
The definition of the word "mirage":
"Something that appears real or possible but is not." That's why.

Last edited by Markie; Jun 6, 2013 at 11:05 pm
Old Jun 6, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: some
Knowing that I might be unpopular with this post - but this is another very US centric enhancement that will not help those GP members that are mostly loyal to Hyatt in Europe and Asia.
It would be nice to see at one point some incentives for non US residents....
Old Jun 6, 2013, 1:38 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by verve
Knowing that I might be unpopular with this post - but this is another very US centric enhancement that will not help those GP members that are mostly loyal to Hyatt in Europe and Asia.
^

This is meh to me. I don't go to Vegas unless I have to, because I hate Vegas. Let's hope those gamble addicts (MLife elites) wouldn't dilute too much of our Diamond benefits.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA-GS; WN A-list;Hyatt - CC; Hertz - PC
Well as someone who stays 3 nights a month at the Hyatt Place in Vegas I am pleased by this. As long as I can earn points on these stays with Hyatt for the big vacations this is a great addition to GP. I like that I now have a an option of a place to stay where I can get a great meal (hopefully food points will carry over as well).

I look forward to to reading more about this, but don't worry Hyatt Place-Vegas, I will still be back regularly when I want a quick in and out and a quiet stay.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 2:46 pm

Programs: WN CP & A+, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Delta Gold
Great news - looking forward to this!!!
Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wonderful news! ^^ I wonder why we need to wait for August for benefits as partnership starts June 20th?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 3:50 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Baby steps.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 4:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
My guess is that it was too expensive to move Vegas to Europe or Asia.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
Originally Posted by jarusoba
^

This is meh to me. I don't go to Vegas unless I have to, because I hate Vegas. Let's hope those gamble addicts (MLife elites) wouldn't dilute too much of our Diamond benefits.
"gamble addicts"...oy.

I'm a big fan of this move...haven't stayed at any of the MGM properties in over 10 years...this will definitely change that!^ to Hyatt!
Old Jun 6, 2013, 7:53 pm

Programs: Southwest-Companion Pass, Hilton - Gold, Hyatt - Diamond
This is awsome news. I have a "newbie Las Vegas question"
On M Life Platinum loyalty program one of the benefits is complementery buffet pass line. I understand that your able to enter the VIP portion of the line but does that also include the buffet being free or do you have to still pay for it?
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by bsdstone:20879269
Originally Posted by jarusoba
^

"gamble addicts"...oy.

I'm a big fan of this move...haven't stayed at any of the MGM properties in over 10 years...this will definitely change that!^ to Hyatt!
I have MLife Platinum and do not gamble very much. Most of my tier credits come from resort spend and business meals during conferences.

I'm likely the minority in that respect, but be aware that MLife elites can gain status in a variety of ways.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by rickjanak:20879465
This is awsome news. I have a "newbie Las Vegas question"
On M Life Platinum loyalty program one of the benefits is complementery buffet pass line. I understand that your able to enter the VIP portion of the line but does that also include the buffet being free or do you have to still pay for it?
It's just a cut the line pass. Still need to pay for the buffet unless it's been comped through other means.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.