Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New point posting issues?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
New point posting issues?

I have been Diamond for many years - seeing many and various point posting issues over the years with Diamond Amenity Points as well as the old G promos.

I have noticed the Diamond Amenity Points are posting much more accurately in the last several months, which is a good development. However, I now have noticed a trend of a different posting error -- base point calculation error.

The reported base point is always a few dollars short of the actual room rate. Never a fixed a mount, always in some fractional dollars. Say if the room rate was $99, only $94.60 or some random amount like that gets calculated into the base points.

I have called in several times over this but the reps are not nice about it. They insist that fax them a copy of the folio, even though I suggest I email it to make it go faster... It seems they just want to drag the issue out.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems lately?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 5:34 pm

I also have similar issue. When I manually calculate the base point, I am usually short of 20 to 50 base points short for almost every bill but I figured it is not worth my time to fix it..
Old Dec 2, 2012, 6:05 pm
Suspended

Yeah I've noticed that too on a couple of recent reservations. And when I called in the Diamond line, they say I needed to fax or email the folio to the general gold passport fax/email since they can't access the folio online (although I'm able to access it online no problem). In the past they would always put me on hold and somehow look it up and fix it on the spot, but now they claim they can't look it up themselves.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by oc2005
Yeah I've noticed that too on a couple of recent reservations. And when I called in the Diamond line, they say I needed to fax or email the folio to the general gold passport fax/email since they can't access the folio online (although I'm able to access it online no problem). In the past they would always put me on hold and somehow look it up and fix it on the spot, but now they claim they can't look it up themselves.
so what happened when you emailed them the folio?

-David
Old Dec 2, 2012, 9:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
so what happened when you emailed them the folio?

-David
I haven't emailed them yet - maybe that's what they're banking on, my laziness! I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread, but now I will email them to see what will happens.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 2:25 am

I haven't emailed them yet - maybe that's what they're banking on, my laziness! I had forgotten about it until I saw this thread, but now I will email them to see what will happens.
If you don't mind giving GP Concierge your GP# and details, you can just PM them here. They are usually very helpful.

-David
Old Dec 3, 2012, 9:13 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Hello everyone!

If you would PM us the details of the stay, I would be happy to investigate the reason why for you! I am so sorry that you have been experiencing challenges lately, and we want to make sure that we have this corrected as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Dana M.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
If you don't mind giving GP Concierge your GP# and details, you can just PM them here. They are usually very helpful.

-David
Good advice!

I pm'ed my reservation details to Dana the GP Concierge for two recent stays that were missing points and it was fixed within minutes without having to fax/email the folio or anything. Thanks Dana!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, IHG Spire, Hertz PC, H.com Gold^3, lowly something on others...
You and I have the exact experience. Previously, they would look up the folio and then adjust the eligible base amount, the computer would then recalculate the 30% diamond bonus - everything would be fixed in 2-3 min if the rep is seasoned and knows his/her around Hyatt's system. Lately, they are telling me they can't see the folio, even though I can open the folio on Hyatt's Gold Passport system. They insist that fax in the folio, which I did in several cases. It was NEVER corrected - I had to keep calling and calling until I find someone with some common sense for good customer service and just take care of it.

Back when Diamond desk customer service was better, the rep would even check the reservation detail if the folio is not yet available. However, they now would not take your word for anything. And would not look at reservation details.

This is not so such about the value is 20-50 points. I travel a lot, so I use Quicken to keep track of points/miles for all airlines, hotel, rental cars... to make sure major promo and stays are tracked and posted correctly. When the amount is short by 20-50, it causes a balance discrepancy between my Quicken balance and Hyatt system's.

I am in the computer world, and I am really shocked at the incompetence at Hyatt's IT. Is there ever gonna be a year that they have no posting error? They did it away with the G promo, so now it's only base point from room rate, 30% bonus for Diamond, and 1000 for amenity - how difficult is it to get this right?!

And I am sorry to say, I hate PM, because you never know when the issue will be resolved. Such fundamental issue should never occur. And if it did, it should be taken care by a very quick phone call - not something that drags out to be 30 min and require you fax in receipt and follow up god knows how many times after the fact...
Old Dec 4, 2012, 2:40 am

Location: USA & UK -- AA EXP 3.5MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis President's Club
Thanks for pointing this out. I probably would not have noticed except for your help.

It looks like all my stays in November, except for November 2nd and 30th, had the same posting issue.

For example, base rate was 89.10 but only 77.00 was used in the point calculation. Base rate was 87.00 but only 85.00 was used.

Weeeeird.

I will PM the details to Gold Passport Concierge who has always provided exceptional customer service.
Originally Posted by wlau
I have been Diamond for many years - seeing many and various point posting issues over the years with Diamond Amenity Points as well as the old G promos.

I have noticed the Diamond Amenity Points are posting much more accurately in the last several months, which is a good development. However, I now have noticed a trend of a different posting error -- base point calculation error.

The reported base point is always a few dollars short of the actual room rate. Never a fixed a mount, always in some fractional dollars. Say if the room rate was $99, only $94.60 or some random amount like that gets calculated into the base points.

I have called in several times over this but the reps are not nice about it. They insist that fax them a copy of the folio, even though I suggest I email it to make it go faster... It seems they just want to drag the issue out.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems lately?
Old Dec 13, 2012, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

Another update:

After I posted my concerns here, I did also call the hotel that I frequent at, where the shortage of eligible amount occurred.

Today, I got a call from the front desk manager and he said, after investigation, it appears the short is caused by my Diamond breakfast?! This Regency doesn't have lounge, so the Diamond breakfast happens in the restaurant. I would bill against the room and they would remove the charge. From what he told me, all Diamond related perks will short your eligible base amount? This just doesn't sound right, as it seems to penalize Diamond members!

I am questioning this explanation because the shorted amount is never the same. Suppose the Diamond breakfast does reduce earning, then why is the shorted amount vary, even from the same hotel? I had similar miscalculated base point issues at other Hyatts with RC... so i don't entirely believe this explanation.

This is becoming an increasingly mysterious problem.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
I've been procrastinating on fixing my Hyatt account. Based on a rough look, it is going to take at least a whole day to fix all the missing diamond amenity points and get the extra 50 % for the ones that did not post properly for paid stays, get the diamond amenity points and closed lounge points for the award stays posted manually, add in some stays that did not post, have some property specific promos posted, and fix the incorrect base points for a bunch of stays (at least 8 different stays at two properties).

I might need to get a Private Line rep.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:11 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
From what he told me, all Diamond related perks will short your eligible base amount? This just doesn't sound right, as it seems to penalize Diamond members!
This actually sounds like a potential cause for this glitch, but not a justification.

I'm not a Diamond but I've noticed that I am always short points when I book a rate that includes breakfast (like the AAA Breakfast rates they have a few times a year). Of course, like your experience, the amount that is short is always different.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 12:43 pm
Original Poster

Errr! More short of points. I am facing 100% failure now. Every stay is short of base point or Diamond amenity. Who is Hyatt's VP of IT? They need to replace this person. I can get a middle schooler in Silicon Valley to write much more complex code and get it right the first time around. What shame!
Old Feb 5, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Errr! More short of points. I am facing 100% failure now. Every stay is short of base point or Diamond amenity. Who is Hyatt's VP of IT? They need to replace this person. I can get a middle schooler in Silicon Valley to write much more complex code and get it right the first time around. What shame!
I really dont mind the points not posting properly - Ive had it happen twice in the same trip in January. I politely send them an email, and they fix the problem and usually add between 250 and 1000 points on top per stay for my inconvenience. I'll take an email for 1000 points every day of the week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.