Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2015, 8:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by danger
I believe Diamonds have always had the option of breakfast in the restaurant or the lounge.

No, the breakfast benefit via room service is not possible.
Originally Posted by RTW1
Correct... Diamonds can have breakfast where they want, just not room service (for free that is).

I would recommend the restaurant, the selection is large and very nice.
Great to know that! Thank you. I have an upcoming reservation in January
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Direct email address

Would someone be willing to share an email address for someone at the GH KL? I'm spending nearly a week there over the holidays and I want discuss some arrangements. I'm a Diamond, if it makes a difference.

Feel free to PM me. Thank you very much in advance.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA,BA
Originally Posted by 54austin
Would someone be willing to share an email address for someone at the GH KL? I'm spending nearly a week there over the holidays and I want discuss some arrangements. I'm a Diamond, if it makes a difference.

Feel free to PM me. Thank you very much in advance.

You can just use the general email inbox ([email protected]) and someone will reply to you promptly. I received a reply within 2 hours of initial message.

Of note: I was there from Friday to Sunday and enjoyed every minute of the stay. First off, location is excellent. Overall, it is a very well ran and kept property, staff were very courteous, and service was impeccable. Makes me wish I also had a week..enjoy the stay!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:41 am

My partner and I just finished a 3-night stay there and the place is as good as ever. I used a DSU and requested a corner view suite. We ended up moving to 3604, which is highest floor with rooms. While the suite did have a marginally better view of the Petronas Towers, because of the set-back, the suite is somewhat smaller than our first suite, 2904. The suite is still huge, but it is noticeable.

The food in the lounge and at breakfast are still very good, although they have pared back the liquor offerings in the lounge.

Gym and pool are still top-notch. Service still excellent.

I can't wait to go back to this place.

FYI, we used Uber for all car trips, including Batu Caves (train for the return) and it worked out very well.
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Probably one of the grandest GHs I've ever been to. Definitely a great use of a DSU because the Grand suite and above are spacious and well appointed. The marble bathrooms are a wonder to see and have held up pretty well.

We didn't get a Petronas Tower view suite but this KL tower suite is still very nice. This isn't an old hotel but I'm amazed at the low tech the rooms are. Zero automation. Still have to hand draw the curtains, turn off all lights manually, put a physical DND card on, etc.

Lounge offerings were solid. You could definitely eat a meal there with what they had from tuna maki to steamed fish and an orecchiette pasta. Surprised there was no sparkling wine or champagne option though.

The fitness center is open 24 hours and is absolutely huge. Didn't get to use their pool but it was very well made too.

Cons:

Rooms need automation for sure.

Soundproofing from hallways is almost non-existent. If a child is having a tantrum outside then it's like he's having one in your room. I would recommend a room away from the elevators to avoid foot traffic and opening staircase doors from staff coming and going.

Their 5 series car pick up isn't worth the money. Wanted a 7 series and got a 5. Car suspension doesn't swallow up the rocky KL highway roads and you feel every bump. Ended up car sick upon arrival. It actually gave the driver an overheating warning light on the LCD screen. That was a bit scary. Take an executive taxi or Uber.

Will post pictures later.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: World of Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Bonvoy LTP; IHG Plat
i have an upcoming 3-night stay there this weekend.

used last dsu to secure an upgrade to a grand suite.

just curious about the view, do i get a suite with the twin tower view?

(my original room in this booking was twin tower view room)

thanks in advance.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 7:45 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Accor Plus Silver
Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident

thanks in advance.
The standard DSU is for a suite with "no" view, but if there is availability they have no problem upgrading you to twin tower view. I got upgraded without asking on my stay during January.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks in advance.
Might be worth emailing ahead to ask for one if they can accommodate you but DSU is just a normal cityview Grand suite. Still, a very nice suite in itself.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 4:56 pm

thanks in advance.
BTW, as the floors get higher, the corner suites are smaller because of the way the corner cut-outs of the building taper. They're still plenty big, but the difference is noticeable. I think the view is better the higher up you are.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 2:35 am
Suspended

Programs: Enrich Sapphire. Kris Flyer Silver.Le Club Accorhotels,Starwood.
Originally Posted by Aventine
Probably one of the grandest GHs I've ever been to. Definitely a great use of a DSU because the Grand suite and above are spacious and well appointed. The marble bathrooms are a wonder to see and have held up pretty well.

We didn't get a Petronas Tower view suite but this KL tower suite is still very nice. This isn't an old hotel but I'm amazed at the low tech the rooms are. Zero automation. Still have to hand draw the curtains, turn off all lights manually, put a physical DND card on, etc.

Lounge offerings were solid. You could definitely eat a meal there with what they had from tuna maki to steamed fish and an orecchiette pasta. Surprised there was no sparkling wine or champagne option though.

The fitness center is open 24 hours and is absolutely huge. Didn't get to use their pool but it was very well made too.

Cons:

Rooms need automation for sure.

Soundproofing from hallways is almost non-existent. If a child is having a tantrum outside then it's like he's having one in your room. I would recommend a room away from the elevators to avoid foot traffic and opening staircase doors from staff coming and going.

Their 5 series car pick up isn't worth the money. Wanted a 7 series and got a 5. Car suspension doesn't swallow up the rocky KL highway roads and you feel every bump. Ended up car sick upon arrival. It actually gave the driver an overheating warning light on the LCD screen. That was a bit scary. Take an executive taxi or Uber.

Will post pictures later.

Very surprised they are not using a 7 series..the 5 series can be a bit tight for some tall guests who have long legs..BMW seems to have big problems with their car's in Malaysia having issues with over heating. It's an old problem. Looks like it has not gone away.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 5:03 am

Just checked in today for a 3-night stay.

Unfortunately, no grand suite with twin towers view available.

Very nice and helpful staffs. My only complaint is that there was no sparkling wine available in th grand club.

Will report more later when stay completed.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Just checked in today for a 3-night stay.

Unfortunately, no grand suite with twin towers view available.

Very nice and helpful staffs. My only complaint is that there was no sparkling wine available in th grand club.

Will report more later when stay completed.
We were hoping for the same for a July trip. Did you email ahead of time requesting it? How is your view now? What are you looking at?
I'm almost wondering if I'd rather have a regular room with a view than a suite without.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone comment on watching NYE fireworks from GH? I assume a room with towers view should work?
If not, any other properties to consider?

We dont really want to walk outside with young kids and in the past bkk hilton and ros offered great viewing points... this year we are considering kul for a change.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by chavala
We were hoping for the same for a July trip. Did you email ahead of time requesting it? How is your view now? What are you looking at?
I'm almost wondering if I'd rather have a regular room with a view than a suite without.
yes i did email them before arriving to request a twin tower view suite. however they replied back and suggested me to pay 250++RM per night to secure that suite. I didn't take it. at checked in, i also did ask for a standard twin tower view room, they said that all rooms and suites with this view were fully booked. no luck for me this time.

my current grand suite has view of surrounding buildings and KL tower (like you are in manhattan but 'not too tight' version. it's not that bad, just not twin tower view.

anyway you can have twin tower view on the club lounge or sky lobby.

hopes this help.

p.s. sorry for my poor english.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wolf72
Very surprised they are not using a 7 series..the 5 series can be a bit tight for some tall guests who have long legs..BMW seems to have big problems with their car's in Malaysia having issues with over heating. It's an old problem. Looks like it has not gone away.
Was scary to see it happening to us. Other luxury sedans do better in the temperatures there?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.