Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Orange County (Anaheim) CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
General
  • Parking:
    • Valet: $24/night
    • Self: $24/night
    • Street: on Chapman Ave and in neighborhood starting about 2 blocks west of property
      • Caution: Note signs for street sweeping days.
  • Suggested Room Locations
    • Facing Disneyland fireworks, towards the north and west.

Globalist Benefits
  • Breakfast: Buffet or a la carte for up to 4 at TusCA restaurant

Onsite links (hotel info, menus, ordering, etc.)
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:44 am

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
No free drinks or discount on shuttle. They are very good to Diamonds at this property.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:05 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by nighthawkrs
The shuttle drops you right at the entrance, where all shuttles drop you of. its only a 200m to the entrance of both parks.
And a heck of a lot closer than the parking structure!!!!
Old Feb 8, 2013, 10:08 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Ok, thanks for the replies. Sounds like shuttle is the way to go.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 11:20 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion & Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Club

I received a very nice upgrade as a Diamond to a King Exec Suite this past weekend (no use of Diamond cert), which was not expected.

Very nice property. Beats the Hilton adjacent to the convention center we stayed at during our last visit to Anaheim.

As others have mentioned, no club but a very good breakfast at the restaurant.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 1:39 pm

Shuttle Question????

Have stayed at this great hotel many times.... several times when the shuttle was comp. Last time didn't head out the Disney so didn't have to think about it. This time I'll probably be doing the parks while DH goes off to meetings... How much is the shuttle and how often does it run? Mike will probably drop us off on his way out but will probably need ride back. Know since it's the 2 of us it's probably cheaper to take shuttle than renting car but wondering if we might just take a taxi back since we don't know what our plans are since we'll probably start off at DL and then end at DCA and exit through Downtown Disney.... so how much do they charge per adults? Know it would be a no-brainer if DD wasn't a teenager.
TIA
Carolyn
Old Mar 31, 2013, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
Have stayed at this great hotel many times.... several times when the shuttle was comp. Last time didn't head out the Disney so didn't have to think about it. This time I'll probably be doing the parks while DH goes off to meetings... How much is the shuttle and how often does it run? Mike will probably drop us off on his way out but will probably need ride back. Know since it's the 2 of us it's probably cheaper to take shuttle than renting car but wondering if we might just take a taxi back since we don't know what our plans are since we'll probably start off at DL and then end at DCA and exit through Downtown Disney.... so how much do they charge per adults? Know it would be a no-brainer if DD wasn't a teenager.
TIA
Carolyn
It's five dollars per person, per day. Children 10 and under ride free. The shuttle departs
the hotel every thirty minutes.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:17 pm

mr 27... thanks for the quick reply....
$5 per is reasonable enough... hopefully they won't be that crowded... last time we had to rush to get on at all ... think it stopped at several hotels...
C
Old Mar 31, 2013, 4:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by mr27
It's five dollars per person, per day. Children 10 and under ride free. The shuttle departs
the hotel every thirty minutes.
I can see why kids ride free. The park is close enough that it would be cheaper to take a cab if you had to add a couple of kids to the fare for a couple of adults.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by cmjaffe
mr 27... thanks for the quick reply....
$5 per is reasonable enough... hopefully they won't be that crowded... last time we had to rush to get on at all ... think it stopped at several hotels...
C
You're welcome. I believe the shuttle service now only
runs between the hotel and the parks.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 8:53 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

The hotels has a travelzoo special:
http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/los-...5-Off-1447959/

The room only special could also be booked as Limited Offer in hyatt.com, which from my experience is a qualifying stay, while the Travellzoo rates are quite often non-qualifying stays.

Since I am in Ontario (CA) the end of the promo time, I might try the Limited Offer. The hotel does not look bad and it is not that far away.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
The hotels has a travelzoo special:
http://www.travelzoo.com/hotels/los-...5-Off-1447959/

The room only special could also be booked as Limited Offer in hyatt.com, which from my experience is a qualifying stay, while the Travellzoo rates are quite often non-qualifying stays.

Since I am in Ontario (CA) the end of the promo time, I might try the Limited Offer. The hotel does not look bad and it is not that far away.
I am not seeing the Limited Offer at Hyatt.com. Where did you see this?
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Maui4me1
I didn't see it under the Special Offers section, but I did see it at the bottom when looking at the rates page when looking for a specific date.

Also, it is pre-paid.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 11:46 pm
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Originally Posted by Maui4me1
Originally Posted by jlsf
I didn't see it under the Special Offers section, but I did see it at the bottom when looking at the rates page when looking for a specific date.

Also, it is pre-paid.
That is were I saw it too. It is available mostly on weekends and appears at the bottom if you search for specific dates. Do a search via the travelzoo link and if the TZO rate shows delete the booking code of TZO and the limited time offer should show up at the bottom if you do a standard search for rates
Old Apr 10, 2013, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by FLYGVA
That is were I saw it too. It is available mostly on weekends and appears at the bottom if you search for specific dates. Do a search via the travelzoo link and if the TZO rate shows delete the booking code of TZO and the limited time offer should show up at the bottom if you do a standard search for rates
Thanks...that worked ^
Old Jul 8, 2013, 8:53 pm

Programs: ex-Delta DM (NWA was nice while it lasted), Hyatt Diamond
Not impressed

Checked in a little while ago on a decent rate. Given what has to be the smallest king on the floor in the north tower. From what I was led to believe, diamond treatment at this hotel was supposed to be good to great. Plenty of rooms available online, so I know we're being given basically what we reserved, which is fine, but for all of you diamonds expecting something more from this place, I suggest you take a look at the irvine property too.

Not impressed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.