Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2010, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Thanks for the pics Tom.

Last edited by peteropny; Mar 5, 2010 at 3:21 pm Reason: Remove "quoted" pictures.
Old Mar 6, 2010, 3:20 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
It is.
Where did Fred Hürst go?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 12:46 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
just completed a one-nighter, it is indeed one of the best hotels in Berlin.

Received no upgrade as hotel was full, and there was no special diamond amenity or recognition, a bit disappointing.

However, you do get lounge access, and because of the full hotel I managed to trade my breakfast entry for a free full breakfast at VOX. One of the best hotel breakfasts I know of (almost at par with the Regent 1km away).

I recommend to have lunch at Facil in the Madison hotel next door. Fantastic food and manageable pricing at lunch time.
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
First: Stayed in January while using a suite upgrate...
Normally they upgrating to Grand suite, they were all gone and I recieved a Greta Gabour Suite....Waaaoooo
Was really big, like 150m² with a big livingroom, big working place, really big beds and a walk inn cupboard.
2 Bathrooms, one little for guests, one very big with a steam and a magnificent shower.
Great big minibar for free with cold and warm snacks.

2 nd stay:
used also a suite upgrate cert, got a grand suite.
As we arrived suite wasnt clean, so they invited us to a full lunch in the Vox restaurant...we had lunch for over 80 euro, all for free.
Grand suite is also very nice, but smaller than the greta gabor suite.
Also 2 bathrooms and a nice livingroom, also free minibar.
Diamond amenity for both stays: a real large fruit selection and a bottle of very good german wine.

If I compare the lounge to other hyatts in germany, its the best for breakfast
I would call it a full breakfast, you can also order egg dishes!
There are fresh fruits, fresh juices and a lot lot of other nice stuff, I really like the berries there
Afternoon Tea is nice with fresh cakes and biscuits, only the dcocktail hour...hm...first time was really nice food, second time only 3 sorts of salad and a bit fish.

If you wanna eat in the hyatt berlin for less, the best will be to join gourmet club...you get 50% of the food in the restaurants in all hyatts in germany and in most other countrys.
You neednt stay at the hyatts in germany for using the discount.
If you need more informations, PM me.
I can refer you

Last edited by peteropny; Mar 20, 2010 at 6:32 pm
Old Mar 20, 2010, 12:35 pm

As we arrived suite wasnt clean, so they invited us to a full lunch in the Vox restaurant...we had lunch for over 80 euro, all for free.
Wow, you're doing well!

Last edited by Markie; Mar 21, 2010 at 4:02 am
Old Mar 20, 2010, 1:27 pm

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
Jepp very generous, never had that before...was like coooollll...and the Sushi at VOX is very yummmyy
Old Mar 21, 2010, 3:47 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24

If you wanna eat in the hyatt berlin for less, the best will be to join gourmet club...you get 50% of the food in the restaurants in all hyatts in germany and in most other countrys.
You neednt stay at the hyatts in germany for using the discount.
If you need more informations, PM me.
I can refer you

This information is not accurate. One meal is for free, regardless how many people are dining, so the discount varies.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: LH Sen, Starwood Amb, Hilton Diamond
Experience with the E-Concierge

I received a couple of days ago 7-day notice welcome email for my upcoming stay at the GH Berlin. Tried to use the supplied link to arrange for transfer from the train station (40 Euro), but it didn't work, since the site still insisted on my choosing an airport, flight number and airline, despite the train station entry. I emailed the hotel, and they offered me the same transfer at 90 Euro instead, citing that prices are different online than when you request it in person. Just wanted to alert others who may want to use the hotel transfer.. It should work well if you are arriving by plane, and the rates are reasonable. But if you do it through an email or by phone, the rate is more than double!!

Unfortunately, the message I sent through the e-concierge site explaining my problem was either ignored, or not received for some reason. But my subsequent email exchanges with the hotel were quite pleasant, though it looks like it will take some more effort for them to address this strange pricing practice.

They also provide free transfers for those that have reserved suites, but given my communication with them, it seems like this is not offered when the suites are reserved using one of the four upgrade vouchers.

In spite of all this, I still expect a good stay given the previous reviews; and will report on it once complete!!
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:10 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I walked over to the intercity train station just past the Reichstag. I'd guess it's all of 3 miles from the hotel. Sounds like an expensive ride for such a short distance. Is that where you're arriving?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by tom911
I walked over to the intercity train station just past the Reichstag. I'd guess it's all of 3 miles from the hotel. Sounds like an expensive ride for such a short distance. Is that where you're arriving?
I think this must be it. It does seem close to the hotel. In any case, after the confusion, I told the hotel I would be taking a taxi instead!

Last edited by Markie; Apr 20, 2010 at 9:50 pm
Old Mar 29, 2010, 12:44 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Taxi from the Hauptbanhif (Berlin's main train station) to the hotel is very short (maybe 5 mins) and should cost about 15euro max.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:45 pm

Thanks... I just thought that since this was the only family vacation we are having this year, it would be a nice touch to be picked up by the hotel... But taxi it is...! We will have some nice meals and good sightseeing instead!

Originally Posted by ACfly
Taxi from the Hauptbanhif (Berlin's main train station) to the hotel is very short (maybe 5 mins) and should cost about 15euro max.
Old Mar 29, 2010, 1:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum 1MM, AC SE*100k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Riding an "E" class Mercedes Benz taxi is class all the way
Old Mar 29, 2010, 4:32 pm

They changed the rules at the GH Berlin.
Stayed there at January for 164 euro a night, used a diamond suite upgrade and get an aditional free shuttle from central startion to Grand hyatt, because having the suite there.
Since 1st of February they only provide the shuttle if you booked a suite and paid it normal (no suite upgrates allowed for the limoservice,sorry )
Old Apr 19, 2010, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
They changed the rules at the GH Berlin.
Stayed there at January for 164 euro a night, used a diamond suite upgrade and get an aditional free shuttle from central startion to Grand hyatt, because having the suite there.
Since 1st of February they only provide the shuttle if you booked a suite and paid it normal (no suite upgrates allowed for the limoservice,sorry )
There's only shuttle service for suite bookings? That sounds sort of odd...

I'm hoping I can utilize the shuttle service for drop-off if they have it available.

At least it looks like it's walking distance to Potsdamer Platz Bahn ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.