Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:20 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
I also love this hotel but am finding the rates pretty steep this year (regular seems to be eur 280 and up). Is it possible to use a DIA suite upgrade with a gift cert ? [love those grand suites ]
If you mean the stay certs - can't use the suite upgrade with that since that is not an "eligible" rate.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:26 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by peteropny
If you mean the stay certs - can't use the suite upgrade with that since that is not an "eligible" rate.
Yes, I did mean the stay certs (listed under 'gift certs' on the website is my excuse....).

oh well. Thanks Peter.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:48 am

Programs: Virtuoso, Marriott Stars/Luminous, Hilton Impresario, IHG Luxury & Lifestyle, Hyatt Prive etc
If you join Hyatt Gourmet Club (235 euros), you get a free night to use any Hyatt in Germany plus special rate certificates (180 euros/night I think in Berlin). I was allowed to use a suite upgrade certificate on these rates, although I didn't in the end as I wanted to earn points and these rates don't. If you want a certficate for a cheap rate without the free night PM me. You also get 2-for-1 dining and a free bottle of champagne. If you decide to join PM me and if I refer you I get free champagne too
Old Jan 7, 2011, 8:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Grand Hyatt Berlin is constantly delivering outstanding service and attention: Got a letter from the GM welcoming me back for the 10th time and inviting me for a drink to celebrate the occassion. ^

The Grand Suite is still my favorite accommodation - like the dark wood and the french doors. Staff goes out of their way to make my stays smooth and comfortable and it seems that everyone at this property knows my name.

Wonderful property and in the absolute top-league of best managed hotels. Top! ^
Old Jan 9, 2011, 1:57 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SMK77
The Grand Suite is still my favorite accommodation - like the dark wood and the french doors. Staff goes out of their way to make my stays smooth and comfortable and it seems that everyone at this property knows my name.

Wonderful property and in the absolute top-league of best managed hotels. Top! ^
Stayed for 5 nights in June and have to agree. Used the Diamond Suite Upgrade and absolutely loved the Grand Suite.

Complimentary mini-bar and two Bang & Olufsen TV's greatly enhanced my World Cup viewing experience. The swimming pool was great too after a hot day exploring Berlin.

Service was flawless.
Old Jan 9, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Do any of the suites here have twin beds?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 5:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by crystak
Do any of the suites here have twin beds?
Yes, the Daimler Suite has got twin beds.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 6:44 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by SMK77
Yes, the Daimler Suite has got twin beds.
although sadly a rather unlikely upgrade with a dia certificate
Old Jan 29, 2011, 2:10 pm

Some Grand Suite pics

Stayed in the Grand Hyatt Berlin in a grand Suite.
Here some pics:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....tt-berlin.html
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:24 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black, A-Club Platinum, Hilton Silver, SPG Gold, Rica Gold, EBB
Originally Posted by youhavebeenupgraded
Stayed in the Grand Hyatt Berlin in a grand Suite.
Here some pics:
http://youhavebeenupgraded.blogspot....tt-berlin.html
Sorry to see your disappointment with the lounge.

Have you (or anyone else for that matter) tried the breakfast downstairs?
I know it´s really expensive (32 Euro I believe).
It´s probably not worth it but is it as great as it should be?
Eggs benedict included?

Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2011, 4:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Mariott Platinum
Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
although sadly a rather unlikely upgrade with a dia certificate
Actually, that's where I just ended up for the next two nights! Guess I got lucky somehow..
Old Jun 3, 2011, 12:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Suite

Checked in with à Suite Upgrade to à Grand executive Suite .
Very nice. :-)
some changes since the New Director of the hotel Took Command :
food in the Club got better . More breakfest options and more important : no more jars in the evening and more different Food options .
Downside : seems like there are less People working in the Public areas.

Well , the weather is Great and its à superb Place to stay in B!
Old Aug 4, 2011, 4:33 am

Thinking about booking a few nights here and maybe 2 nights at another property (Ritz or Concorde?) for variety.

But reading some reviews, there was indication of traffic noise, anyone have this problem at the Hyatt Berlin? If so any tips on the best locations? Is the Grand Suite a worthwhile point upgrade?

Thank for any help, as had heard many good reviews, but if it's noisy that is the last thing I need.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 8:06 am
Original Member

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy card. Delta 2MM Diamond. AA platinum pro
Traffic noise at night can be a problem. The higher floors are, of course , quieter.
I really like the Grand Suites.
Old Aug 4, 2011, 10:44 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Gold, UA G
Currently staying here on points as a PM, and enjoying the stay. The traffic noise is noticeable even from the sixth floor but I have a cool view of Berlin as I was upgraded to a view room (normally 20 Euro extra, a better benefit than most Hyatt's give me). Came back to my room today for my last night and noticed some chocolates awaiting me, nice touch. Wish I could stay here for my final night in Berlin but I scored too good of a rate at the Novotel Tiegarten (50 E thanks to my A-Club Gold status). I plan to come back to Berlin and plan to stay at the Grand Hyatt again when I do. One minor complaint is that there is only one bar of soap in the bathroom, should be at least two or three.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.