Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Berlin REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, Accor Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Rather amusing you received so much alcohol as a welcome amenity and I received Sparkling Water. I presume because of my name!
At least you got a pineapple!

We actually got even more on the 3rd morning, my partner got some gin and more beers for me. Which is exactly what I said our preferences were, so very good service in that respect.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 1:12 pm

Just completed a two night stay here at the Grand after three nights at the Lindner.

Did not show an upgrade on the app before check in but was given a suite upon arrival. Wasn’t very sure what kind of suite it was because Hyatt doesn’t show the room type after check in but it was the 05 ending suit right off the elevator.

the “suite” entry enters directly into sitting room with a sofa and a dining table. The sitting room is partially a triangle. The bedroom is normal sized and the bathroom was large and spacious. Would be better if it was converted to a large room without the sitting room and bedroom separation.

the grand club is on the 7th floor and has comfortable sitting areas. Afternoon tea is served from 4p to 5p with 4 to 5 desserts. Light dinner is served from 6p to 8p with sushi, two types of cold salad, a salad, a soup, two types of sandwiches, and a hot savory pastry. There is also a bread basket, cheese plate, and petite desserts. Things were relatively the same both nights.

the fitness area is in the 8th floor with a relatively nice gym, an indoor pool, an outdoor sun terrace with loungers, and a nice wet area with sauna, steam room, cold lounge pool, and relaxation room.

breakfast was served in the VOX restaurant. Nice spread of good quality eats with a la carte eggs and pancakes/waffles. Great attentive service.

area is not bad with the mall next door. The Manifesto food hall next door is good with lots of choices for food in a nice setting. Mall of Berlin is maybe a 10 minute walk away just past Potdamerplatz.

overall a great property and would return though kind of hard to beat the Lindner at 5k points this year.
Old Nov 8, 2023, 12:02 am

Programs: MarriottTitanium, LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond,IHG Diamond,Amb,Wyndham Diamond
Had a nice stay last month, Hotel Rooms are Good. Mgmt is Good, Breakfast is very nice. Lounge servings are pretty much the same, some sushi and some sandwiches, nothing to write Home about, this is the Only area which needs an improvement, need different and better choices in the Lounge.
Definitely visit again.
TravisMT81 likes this.

Last edited by TRANSWORLDMARINE; Nov 8, 2023 at 12:08 am Reason: Mistake
Old Mar 26, 2024, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Had a recent 2 day stay here, which I really enjoyed. Used a SUA to upgrade to the standard suite, which was modern and spacious. Breakfast was excellent in the VOX lounge with lots of variety (also available in the club lounge, but the spread is much better in the restaurant). Light dinner in club lounge was okay, with similar items each night. Welcome amenity for me was a nice bottle of champagne, as well as German vodka. Also liked the small touches with chocolates and candies around the room. Housekeeping was excellent. Location is also very convenient, right next to the train and walking distance to the main attractions. At 15k points a night, this was excellent value in my opinion.
Old Apr 4, 2024, 9:33 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Just completed a 6 night stay here, on points + SUA into Grand King View Suite overlooking the Philharmonie. Was impressed with basically everything - the suite itself was fantastic (especially the bathroom), the service was top notch, breakfast buffet in VOX was good... and while we were too busy to use it much, the gym + spa + pool area is outstanding. My first Grand Hyatt outside of the US (where I've stayed at 3-4) and it felt like a whole other class of hotel. The location is fairly 'corporate plaza' but was very convenient to specific locations for our trip and also to public transit. Wholeheartedly recommend this property to anybody visiting Berlin.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
anyone know how much the breakfast buffet is in VOX and if there are decent options in the Manifesto food hall next door or the Mall of Berlin nearby? Using a credit card cert next month and it's not combinable with a club access award and since I'm not globalist, I don't get breakfast.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by eefor jfp
anyone know how much the breakfast buffet is in VOX and if there are decent options in the Manifesto food hall next door or the Mall of Berlin nearby? Using a credit card cert next month and it's not combinable with a club access award and since I'm not globalist, I don't get breakfast.
Manifesto looks more like a lunch place to me - and opens at 11am only. Not sure this would be a suitable breakfast option.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 1:19 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Nothing at the Playce opens until 10am except for Rewe and the donut shop. However, the Hyatt has a new coffee shop, "1838 DELI," which offers breakfast items.
Old Apr 23, 2024, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by sw1x
Manifesto looks more like a lunch place to me - and opens at 11am only. Not sure this would be a suitable breakfast option.
Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Nothing at the Playce opens until 10am except for Rewe and the donut shop. However, the Hyatt has a new coffee shop, "1838 DELI," which offers breakfast items.
thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.