Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2013, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The Nespresso machines that were previously only available in the suites are now in every room! ^
Old Sep 9, 2013, 7:51 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The Nespresso machines that were previously only available in the suites are now in every room! ^
Normally I'd be with you on the big ^, but does that mean the cool little ceramic filter coffee things are gone now?

Update - stayed in a suite early November and the filter coffee is indeed gone, just the Nespresso now.

Last edited by schriste; Nov 18, 2013 at 5:21 am
Old Sep 9, 2013, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by schriste
Normally I'd be with you on the big ^, but does that mean the cool little ceramic filter coffee things are gone now?
If no one knows by mid-October, I will be in-house and try to remember to check. I expect the electric hot water carafe will still be there as it is needed to make tea.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
I expect the electric hot water carafe will still be there as it is needed to make tea.
Affirmative.
Old Sep 9, 2013, 5:18 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by smitty06
Just finished my first stay at this property. I had 2 incidents of great service worth noting. I was travelling with a friend with food allergies so the concierge left the hotel with us to find a restaurant suitable for my friend (we did not ask for this, he just followed us out). Second, I wanted to learn origami and asked whether there was a place where it was taught. When it could not be arranged on short notice, they cut paper and taught me themselves. Overall, our stay was great. Our room was beautiful and we loved the spa.

I would highly recommend the limo bus. The shuttle from Shinjuku station is hard to find. If I had luggage, I would be very frustrated looking for it the first time.
Awesome. That's great to hear of the awesome service you encountered there. I really like the idea about you wanting to learn origami (I'll add that to my list as well ), and them teaching you themselves.

Also, I would agree about the limo bus. For 3,000 JPY and service direct from door-to-door, without having to haul luggage around, what could you really complain about? I see no advantage in arranging for a private car, or limo, other than if the limo bus stopped running due to your arrival time. But, thanks for the report.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:12 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

In all my stays, I have not taken the shuttle to or from Shinjuku station if I have baggage even though I know where the stop is. I always take a cab. It rarely costs more than the flag drop of Y710. You're staying at a luxury hotel, so gift yourself this one inexpensive additional luxury.

The best way to learn how to find the shuttle stop is to ride it TO the station the first time. It is farther away than I would like but space around Shinjuku station is scarce. The Park Tower building plus the Park Hyatt were late arrivals on the scene, all closer stops had already been snapped up.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 11:49 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
In all my stays, I have not taken the shuttle to or from Shinjuku station if I have baggage even though I know where the stop is. I always take a cab. It rarely costs more than the flag drop of Y710. You're staying at a luxury hotel, so gift yourself this one inexpensive additional luxury.

The best way to learn how to find the shuttle stop is to ride it TO the station the first time. It is farther away than I would like but space around Shinjuku station is scarce. The Park Tower building plus the Park Hyatt were late arrivals on the scene, all closer stops had already been snapped up.
I don't find a taxi to be a luxury. Many in Japan have cigarette smoke smell that really bothers me (while smoking - by customers - isn't permitted, many drivers often smoke in the cab with the window down when they have no fare, and I can later smell it). Also, I assemble my roller and backpack and suit bag in such a way that I prefer to just keep it all connected and standing, as I can on a bus or shuttle or train, versus taking it all apart and putting it in the trunk of a taxi.

Still, I appreciate your point in your post (and always appreciate the information of your posts)... but just wanted to comment that it's not a matter of a luxury.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 1:04 pm

Here is a potential add to the PHT Wiki about a non-obvious service available to hotel guests:

Good Night Sleep Stretch
“Good Night Sleep Stretch” is a specially designed relaxation experience to gently prepare your body for a night of restful slumber. In the softly lit ambience of Club On The Park’s spacious Aerobics Studio on the 47th floor, guests are led through a series of slow stretches and breathing exercises to loosen muscles and bring the body into equilibrium. Calming vistas of the Tokyo skyline are complemented with a combination of aroma oils, tailored for each season and designed to promote circulation, help digestion and relieve the body of stress. Warm herbal tea completes the encompassing experience, softly guiding one to a Good Night Sleep.

Date & Time
Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 9 p.m. (30 minutes)

Venue
47F Aerobics Studio, CLUB ON THE PARK
*Free of charge

http://tokyo.park.hyatt.com/en/hotel...epstretch.html
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:31 am

I stayed at Park Hyatt for the first time this August. I can say this place is brilliant on so many levels. There are so many things to list... I see what I can remember. I read the not too positive rants about this establishment, lets cut this hotel some slack, it is one of the best hotels in Tokyo and the world right?

1. Park Hyatt Spa. The turkish bath meets Japanese onsen concept totally works and is very original. The spa is better than that at Park Hyatt Seoul. The feel is better with attendant helping you and introducing the Spa. The lounge area is nice to relax.

2. The design is timeless and subtle. I love the use of green cloth lining the corridors and walls. This is a touch which is original and breath-taking cool. It goes very well with the ceiling spotlights.

I have so many photos of this place but I dont think I can link to my tumblr or instagram in my post. You can look for wikichichi.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 1:41 am

3. Complimentary Coffee. As a member of the membership club, you get complimentary coffee through the day. We are very particular about coffee. Where we are from, our local coffeeshop roasted coffee is very smooth and flavourful. I just cannot take the nesexpresso coffee and stuff from the little cups. We must have gone through 6 pots of coffee. It ends up that comlimentary coffee is for 1 night stay. The hotel ended charging us for 1 pot instead of the 6 or 7 that we drank through the day. This is a good gesture nonetheless.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by Pickles

My sense is that it caters primarily to a Japanese crowd, given the bang-up wedding business it does, the staycationers, and the mid-day romp room rental system, and they have turned their attitude towards that.

Your Perfect Day

Enjoy an afternoon in our Park Deluxe Room with a leisurely breakfast, access to Club On The Park spa, and cocktails at New York Bar for a perfect day.

Day use of Park Deluxe Room from 10am to 5pm
Full breakfast or a set lunch at Girandole
Access to Club On The Park spa & fitness facilities
A set of "Five To Seven" (2 glasses of wine or beer with a snack plate) at New York Bar from 5pm to 7pm per room

Rate (for up to 2 persons): 42,735JPY (inclusive of tax & service charge)

*This offer is not bookable on-line. For more information or to make a reservations, please call +81 3 5322 1234 or e-mail to [email protected]. Not available through hyatt.com.

ha... this is the mid day room romp? I will imagine that this is something the Japanese "old money" gentleman will take up for a mid day escape with his lovely young girlfriend. In the New York Bar, I saw an old Japanese gentleman, clad in suit with a nice pocket square, bringing a girl out for the night and some cocktails.
Old Sep 15, 2013, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, CX Gold, Mrs. Pickles travels for free
Originally Posted by wikichichi
ha... this is the mid day room romp? I will imagine that this is something the Japanese "old money" gentleman will take up for a mid day escape with his lovely young girlfriend. In the New York Bar, I saw an old Japanese gentleman, clad in suit with a nice pocket square, bringing a girl out for the night and some cocktails.
Interesting, sounds like they've formalized how they manage to end up with 120% occupancy. I think you misunderstand the situation. You may not know, but in Japan "Take your Daughter to Work" is a big deal, and happens year round. Those Japanese old coots with eye candy aren't what you think, you really should take your mind out of the gutter!
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: Diamond Hyatt; Platinum DL, AA, SPG; Gold UA
Just had a great stay in Suite 4232 at PH Tokyo.

My Full Review with tons of pictures

Tripadvisor Review
Old Sep 19, 2013, 3:17 am

Interesting, sounds like they've formalized how they manage to end up with 120% occupancy. I think you misunderstand the situation. You may not know, but in Japan "Take your Daughter to Work" is a big deal, and happens year round. Those Japanese old coots with eye candy aren't what you think, you really should take your mind out of the gutter!
haha... Thanks for the timely reminder.

I do say that as Asians, from young, we are exposed to how *kinky and *driven Japanese are!! They lead the trends!!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 3:19 am

Interesting, sounds like they've formalized how they manage to end up with 120% occupancy.
120%!! haha. Its a good strategy.

That being said, I have a feeling Park Hyatt is feeling the heat from the other luxury hotels in Tokyo. IMHO Its location is its disadvantage! What do the seniors in this forum and frequent Tokyo visitors say?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.