Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2016, 8:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Meh

I've had 2 rooms here booked several times. Breakfast was covered on both. Just emailed my contact for confirmation for a New Years stay and it was confirmed. Maybe shoot them an email to confirm if your concerned.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:11 am
Suspended

My gf and I stayed here recently. Next to the IC Bora Bora, this was the nicest hotel we've ever had the pleasure of staying.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:04 am

Well breakfast for 1 room ONLY and they have been ABUNDANTLY clear about reinforcing it, so to those who always get it or have it confirmed, good for you I guess. It is very clear that whoever is running this place now is trying to nickel and dime.

Overall,the service has been abysmal here. From top to bottom, it has been sad, third rate service constantly since I checked in. Major disappointment compared to my last stay.

Last edited by antonius66; Nov 22, 2016 at 6:31 am
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Well breakfast for 1 room ONLY and they have been ABUNDANTLY clear about reinforcing it, so to those who always get it or have it confirmed, good for you I guess. It is very clear that whoever is running this place now is trying to nickel and come.

Overall,the service has been abysmal here. From top to bottom, it has been sad, third rate service constantly since I checked in. Major disappointment compared to my last stay.
I mean that's the T&C. Book on points with guest of honor and you get it for up to 4 guests per room...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Well breakfast for 1 room ONLY and they have been ABUNDANTLY clear about reinforcing it, so to those who always get it or have it confirmed, good for you I guess. It is very clear that whoever is running this place now is trying to nickel and come.

Don't say I didn't try to warn you.

Originally Posted by hailstorm
They have gotten more strict overall since the new GM took over. Before Diamonds could pretty much whatever and how much of whatever they wanted for breakfast, even getting room service AND restaurant breakfast. Now it's strictly one breakfast set (breakfast buffet/American breakfast, Healthy Breakfast, or Japanese breakfast) per person. So I could imagine that there might be some pushback on the second room.
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
I mean that's the T&C. Book on points with guest of honor and you get it for up to 4 guests per room...
You can't put four guests in a room at PHT.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:30 am

Yeah no doubt. Whatever. It is not just that. The service has been pathetic, the shower in the suite leaks, the whole place just seems in cost saving mode. No need to stay here again for me when the Regency is a third of the price, or I can try out the Andaz, which I hear is lovely. Other than the concierge, it has been a terrible disappointment after looking forward to returning here.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
No need to stay here again for me when the Regency is a third of the price, or I can try out the Andaz, which I hear is lovely.
How have you not tried the Andaz yet? It's been a theme here on this thread for years that PHT is living off its past glory.

For me, the hard product of the Club on the Park and the Park Suites have been enough to get my business a couple times a year, but the leaky shower is troubling to hear.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Any tips on utilizing the Club on the Park? We'll be at PHT for just one night.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 10:14 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Well breakfast for 1 room ONLY and they have been ABUNDANTLY clear about reinforcing it, so to those who always get it or have it confirmed, good for you I guess. It is very clear that whoever is running this place now is trying to nickel and dime.
You can just as easily say that they are following the rules as they are (clearly) stated and you are the one that is nickel and diming by not wanting to pay for breakfast. Same situation, just a different perspective....

As was said already... book that second room under GOH and there's your free breakfast.

And the HR also doesn't extend the free breakfast to the second room. It's just easier to slip someone into the club.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 1:48 pm

To be clear...

I am not saying they are nickel and diming because of the breakfast for 1. I was simply stating they are only giving it to 1 room. There are other things I was referring to. Although compared to every single other hyatt I have ever stayed at with 2 rooms, they ARE nickel and diming...especially compared to places like Germany, Milan, Sydney, Austria.

I haven't stayed at the Andaz because I have been looking forward to returning here in the park suite, but not again. Regarding the shower, it flooded out 3 towels worth of water after 1 shower. Overall, the soft product as well has been almost comically bad. I can lay my head down on a hard mattress anywhere...I pay for a PH for the service and quality. The concierge has been great but that's where it ends. In Milan, they sent organic juices up as a welcome amenity...I was so surprised that I called down and asked why wasn't it wine as I believed it would be. They told that they knew I did not drink alcohol. Never been there before and how they knew is beyond me, but it blew me away. Here I have had better service at several HR.

They idea or suggestion that I can pay for a room and then book a 2nd on points and get breakfast for both is hilarious. People seriously think that if I pay actual MONEY for 2 rooms I am being ridiculous hoping for breakfast, but think it reasonable that using points should give breakfast? Come on.

The regency has always given me club access on every room on every stay. Multiple times they gave me club access on more than 1 room...once on THREE rooms. I have never asked for it or said anything, they just do.

Next time I will be staying at the Andaz when I want a treat based on what I've been reading. Clearly the park is no longer worth the absurd price I paid, even worse x 2.

Last edited by antonius66; Nov 22, 2016 at 1:54 pm
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:24 pm
Suspended

Yeah no doubt. Whatever. It is not just that. The service has been pathetic, the shower in the suite leaks, the whole place just seems in cost saving mode. No need to stay here again for me when the Regency is a third of the price, or I can try out the Andaz, which I hear is lovely. Other than the concierge, it has been a terrible disappointment after looking forward to returning here.
Have to disagree wholeheartedly with you. I had some of the best service of any hotel I've ever been in.

Morning coffee delivered within 5 minutes of asking for it in the morning.
Prompt dinner reservations at restaurants in Tokyo through the concierge email.

I also had an issue one morning with a young girl repeatedly knocking on my door at 2am. I was very angry, sent an email to hotel asking what is going on. The manager promptly replied and as a courtesy apology, booked my gf and I at a window table (very difficult to get) at New York Grill along with a bottle of champagne.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:36 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Don't say I didn't try to warn you.

You can't put four guests in a room at PHT.
Sure you can, if they are children or if you are willing to pay the upcharge for an additional adult(s).
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Sure you can, if they are children or if you are willing to pay the upcharge for an additional adult(s).
Or just don't tell anyone. Father and 1 kid check in (2 guests). Then 10 minutes later, the wife and other kid just meet them up in the room.

Simple.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 2:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1
Or just don't tell anyone. Father and 1 kid check in (2 guests). Then 10 minutes later, the wife and other kid just meet them up in the room.

Simple.
Then send up Grandma and the rest of the Clampetts ten minutes after that
Old Nov 22, 2016, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by BigManOnCampus1

Simple.
Sure, but you could run into an issue at breakfast with having unregistered guests, but in the past I have had friends come just for breakfast and the entire bill was waived, of course. No idea if this is still the case.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.