Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2014, 6:59 pm

Thanks for all the great information everyone!
Old Aug 5, 2014, 7:53 pm

I was curious what you guys/gals thought about doing cash + points for the first night of my five night stay at PHT using a Diamond Suite Upgrade and then just booking a normal points room for the remaining four nights? Any chance they would let me keep the suite for all five nights, ya think?
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:24 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Cubswin
I was curious what you guys/gals thought about doing cash + points for the first night of my five night stay at PHT using a Diamond Suite Upgrade and then just booking a normal points room for the remaining four nights? Any chance they would let me keep the suite for all five nights, ya think?
I doubt it - the Japanese are very by the book - you'd have a much better chance if it was 4 P&C nights followed by 1 points night.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 9:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by peteropny
I doubt it - the Japanese are very by the book - you'd have a much better chance if it was 4 P&C nights followed by 1 points night.
+1

I was asked for my Costco membership card once while checking in for 2 nights in Osaka.

Back to PHT. I am booked 2 nights here using MER for 39,200Y/night, followed by 5 nights at HRT using C+P and DSU.

For those who have stayed in a regular room and a Park Suite King in PHT, should I use my last DSU for the 2 nights at PHT or just leave it as a regular room? I cannot use 6k points/night using MER.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
+1.

They might let someone keep a suite for an entire stay if the majority of the nights were paid, and just one or two were award nights.

Paying for one night is very unlikely to "secure" the suite for the remainder of an award stay.
Old Aug 5, 2014, 11:27 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
As above, most properties do their best to accommodate this request when the redemption night is the last rather than the first. As always, be prepared to move rooms and you won't be disappointed. It may pay to move the night to whichever day you will be at the property the least amount of time, i.e. depending on check in or check out night.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:53 am

Programs: SPG, Hyatt, CC, AA, UA, WN
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
+1.

They might let someone keep a suite for an entire stay if the majority of the nights were paid, and just one or two were award nights.

Paying for one night is very unlikely to "secure" the suite for the remainder of an award stay.

Hit or miss I say. We had 3 nights paid in a suite, the last night via points in a standard room. Even as a diamond member, we were still moved to a regular room on the final night. We had an early flight the day of departure, so we didn't mind as much, but still...
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan
Hit or miss I say. We had 3 nights paid in a suite, the last night via points in a standard room. Even as a diamond member, we were still moved to a regular room on the final night. We had an early flight the day of departure, so we didn't mind as much, but still...
That is sooooo Japan.

And after 3 nights in a PAID suite. That's crazy.

I know it's not that big a deal to you given the early departure (that's how I'd feel about it, too), but who likes moving for the last night of a 4-night stay? You're starting your departure a day early.

It's hard for me to fathom how luxury hotel management anywhere feels that's the best departure experience to leave your guests with after they just purchased 3 nights in one of your expensive suites.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
deleted

Last edited by schriste; Aug 7, 2014 at 11:44 am Reason: Off topic
Old Aug 6, 2014, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
That is sooooo Japan.

And after 3 nights in a PAID suite. That's crazy.

I know it's not that big a deal to you given the early departure (that's how I'd feel about it, too), but who likes moving for the last night of a 4-night stay? You're starting your departure a day early.

It's hard for me to fathom how luxury hotel management anywhere feels that's the best departure experience to leave your guests with after they just purchased 3 nights in one of your expensive suites.
Same experience at GH Tokyo after a 7 night stay, they tried for one paid night to get more money and then lowered the amount counting on the hassle of moving for one night.
Told them I wouldn't paid one single yen to stay in that suite.... and moved.
Old Aug 6, 2014, 11:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by schriste
Probably because they never, ever see a one night award followed by three paid nights in a suite.
I don't understand.

The poster said s/he had three paid suite nights, followed by one standard award night.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:08 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan
Are you Diamond? Shouldn't you have been given a 60 sqm Park View King?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
deleted

Last edited by schriste; Aug 7, 2014 at 11:44 am Reason: Off topic
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:35 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by schriste
Yes, and why did s/he not book 1 + 3? Because poster figured there would be more chance of getting away with something by booking 3 + 1.

I imagine the Hotel sees this pattern often... and quite frankly get rather tired of it.

Now, it’s worth a try… but if it fails, no need for any of this “How can a hotel of this caliber treat their guests this way” stuff.
That's unfair. Many of us book a redemption night after applying a DSU to revenue rates and I for one have never been asked to change rooms.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:44 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by m0hamed
That's unfair.
What's unfair... getting what you paid for?
And as you mentioned they normally won't make you change rooms. Nothing really to complain about on the occasional stay were it does happen....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.