Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to ‘’Harbour View International Hotel’’ (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM – 10:30AM Monday – Friday & 7AM – 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM – 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM – midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 9:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I was here last week. I'm platinum, they upgraded me to a club room on 30th floor. A letter in the room says they are remodeling floors 12-26 and to be prepared for very loud noise from 10-5 on weekdays, light noise on Saturday, no noise on Sunday. Even on 30th floor I did here some noise on the afternoon I was there.

The club lounge is terrific. Great view. From 5:30 pm they have a buffet with salad, breads, and hot appetizers. Breakfast was excellent.

Room was very nice, very comfortable bed. Location is good. Easy walk to Star Ferry and to Wan Chai MTR and Wan Chai bars.

I would stay here again and try to get a club room, but I would not stay here in the near future while remodeling is ongoing, if I were planning to be in the room between 10 am and 5 pm on weekdays.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 5:16 am

How long does it normally take for this hotel to credit points? It's been 2 working days since I checked out and still no sight of the points and stay credit, which is longer than usual for me.
Old May 28, 2013, 8:51 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Nice pool.

I'm being treated like a superstar in the lounge. Going to be hard to leave.

Old Jun 4, 2013, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, FPC PLT, Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond
Originally Posted by nickp7286
Can anyone share Jake's contact information (preferrably e-mail) via PM? I have a stay at the GH HK coming up in May confirmed in a Grand Executive Harbor Suite via suite upgrade. I was hoping to get some advice from Jake based on the great reviews in this thread as it will be my first visit to Hong Kong.
I called Diamond line to use suite upgrade certificate to upgrade my booking for late June stay. While the Hyatt website shows Grand Executive Harbour Suite is available, the Diamond line told me this suite is not part upgradable inventory using Suite upgrade certificate. How did you get confirmed upgrade to this suite? Did you call The hotel directly to request the upgrade?
Old Jun 7, 2013, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I stayed there is April and had a really good stay.

The lounge is nice with good views of Kowloon. I liked the food and drinks but still preferred the Club Lounge at the IC across the harbour.

Staff were good and efficient. Nice upgrade to a one bedroom suite using my certificate, although I am not sure what type of suite it was. Had a partial harbour view. Quite large but dated bathroom.

Would stay there again.
Old Jun 8, 2013, 4:20 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Just finished a weeks stay here.
We had the hotel's car service pick us up from the airport and a new service (I think) is they meet you at your gate and drive you to customs/get your luggage/take you to the car. Really liked that!
We used a suite upgrade and had a suite on the 16th floor....would have liked the Club floor,but this is the ONLY thing I didn't like about our stay, so can't really complain :P
The three tubs of apricots, macaroons and pistacio nuts were in the room. And a big platter of fresh fruit which was replenished daily. Nice bottle of red, too
The work being carried out at the hotel had absolutely no impact on us.
The Club, as usual was wonderful thanks mainly to the absolute marvellous attention from Scott. Really, he is a credit to the hotel!
It was so hot during our stay and it was great to be greeted by the cool blast of air whenever we entered the hotel.
We dined at the downstairs restaurant one night. Think it was Cressinis??? Didn't enjoy that much. My noodles were overcooked/reheated. And tasteless.
But our experience at One Harbour Road restaurant was marvellous. One of our party is allergic to MSG and Benson (assistant manager) went above and beyond to make sure there would be no problems. He suggested dishes to try and they were wonderful.
All in all, another perfect stay here!
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Staying at the hotel tonight. So far not terribly impressed. On his journey alone the following Hyatt properties have surpassed this hotel: PH Shanghai, PH Beijing, HR Hangzhou, GH Singapore.

Pros of GH HK

Location for site seeing, near HK station
Club is good (not as good as GH Sin)
Shower is high flow

Cons
AC never gets cold, sweat all night, operator seems unimpressed like this is normal
As a Diamond our view seems subpar and have been given base room
Outdated and tiny rooms, no outlets anywhere but desk
Old Jun 28, 2013, 10:17 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never had an AC problem at this hotel. And while the staff is possibly more accommodating in the club room at GH Singapore, I find the offerings much more impressive at GH HK.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:34 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
And while the staff is possibly more accommodating in the club room at GH Singapore, I find the offerings much more impressive at GH HK.
Have you stayed at GH SIN recently? They have really upped their offerings since about a year ago. I find the spread to be much better than GH HK and the staff is a lot friendlier too. It's a matter of personal taste of course.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:49 pm

Is the diamond amenity here a joke or what? A banana and some grapes?
Old Jun 28, 2013, 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by inthemix
Staying at the hotel tonight. So far not terribly impressed. On his journey alone the following Hyatt properties have surpassed this hotel: PH Shanghai, PH Beijing, HR Hangzhou, GH Singapore.

Pros of GH HK

Location for site seeing, near HK station
Club is good (not as good as GH Sin)
Shower is high flow

Cons
AC never gets cold, sweat all night, operator seems unimpressed like this is normal
As a Diamond our view seems subpar and have been given base room
Outdated and tiny rooms, no outlets anywhere but desk
Ditto. I prefer the Hyatt Regency HK. This room is outdated and small, ac is never cold, etc.

Only good thing about the hotel is being able to take breakfast in the cafe.

It's funny, I left Hilton because their program is awful but I've never seen such a disparity between the club and the regular breakfast as I see at nearly every Hyatt with a club. Most Hilton's in Asia let me eat anywhere I wanted, but not Hyatt.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
Originally Posted by keirnna
Is the diamond amenity here a joke or what? A banana and some grapes?
Yeah, agreed! HR Hangzhou gave nice local Chinese red and some local chocolates. So far, a favorite amenity in Asia this trip
Old Jun 28, 2013, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by inthemix
Yeah, agreed! HR Hangzhou gave nice local Chinese red and some local chocolates. So far, a favorite amenity in Asia this trip
The GH Macau blew them away. Huge bowl of fruit, chocolates and a nice bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 8:52 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by rhu171
Have you stayed at GH SIN recently? They have really upped their offerings since about a year ago. I find the spread to be much better than GH HK and the staff is a lot friendlier too. It's a matter of personal taste of course.
I don't know how the staff could be any friendlier than they are at the GH Hong Kong, short of - well - never mind. But seriously, the compliments of the GH HK staff are legion in this thread, including mine.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Firewind
I don't know how the staff could be any friendlier than they are at the GH Hong Kong, short of - well - never mind. But seriously, the compliments of the GH HK staff are legion in this thread, including mine.
Have you not been to the PHT?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.