Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:59 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: UnitedConnection
The hotel provides its own express shuttle service from HKG Arrivals. A very luxurious motor coach. Look for the Hyatt-branded booth across the lobby from Customs & Immigration exit and banking services. Separate charge. Per email correspondence on 7/11/19, this service is no longer offered by the hotel. Two alternatives are:
Hotel Limousine/MPV: HK$1150 per trip per car (Mercedes S-320) or 6-person MPV for HKD$1400
Airport shuttle service (3rd party): ''Vigor Airport Shuttle Service Limited'' located at Arrival Hall B-01. Take shuttle to Harbour View International Hotel (next door to GH). HK$140 per person per trip. This is no longer affiliated with the hotel, so tickets must be purchased directly from the vendor.

Diamond benefits as of 4 Sep 2016
  • Complementary Continental Breakfast (in lounge) 7AM 10:30AM Monday Friday & 7AM 11AM (Weekends & Public Holidays)
  • Diamond buffet breakfast also available in Grand Cafe
  • Complimentary Evening Cocktails - 5:30PM 7:30PM
  • All day complimentary tea, coffee, refreshments, and limited alcoholic beverages (not sure if this is in room or in lounge as lounge hours are 7AM midnight)
  • Complimentary 3 pieces laundry per day (standard service; not cumulative) for guests staying in a suite (not limited to Diamonds).
  • Grand Club meeting room 1 hour/day.
Print Wikipost

Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:33 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Pickles
Sounds like the Ambassador Suite. Did the larger room (a rectangular room with windows all along one side) include a dining room for 4 and a living room, and was much bigger than the bedroom?

The separate toilet in the main bathroom was one of those glass partition doors, at the back of the bathroom. There was also a full dressing room between the bedroom and the bathroom, with 3 closets and a sitting area for makeup, etc.
It had a large table that I used as a desk and then a living room area. But I didn't have a separate dressing room so maybe it was the smaller kind. Heck, I didn't care, it was plenty of space for just me to roll around in -- and they left a lot of munchies every day too.
Old Nov 17, 2009, 12:16 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I don't know this. However, I do know that the club takes two floors, and has great views over the harbor.

Conrad, without question. I prefer the location as part of Pacific Place. I'm always given a room with a view of the harbor. Eunice does a stellar job running the Executive Lounge. I finally tried the GH this spring, during a FFN redemption period. As a diamond, I was given a small room with an interior view between walls of buildings. And this was the 2nd room. The first was even worse. I was not happy, either with my room or with the location. After all, the GH is connected to the Convention Center - not nearly as inviting as being adjacent to one of Hong Kong's great parks.

Now, it's possible that if I had a great suite at the Grand Hyatt, as you appear to be considering, I'd feel somewhat softer about the Grand Hyatt. Still, it can never overcome the negatives of its location.
Many thanks ^
About to cancel the Grand Hyatt and rebook the Conrad
I stayed at the Conrad before but thought I would try the Hyatt once
Another survey rated Conrad Hong Kong guests 7% more satisfied then Grand Hyatt Hong Kong guests and thats speaking for non elites
Old Nov 29, 2009, 3:09 pm

Programs: AC E, PC Plat Amb
I have no status with Hyatt but would like to stay here during a convention.

If I book using Stay certificate would I be able to pay for club access at this hotel?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 2:09 am

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
Originally Posted by Queen438
I have no status with Hyatt but would like to stay here during a convention.

If I book using Stay certificate would I be able to pay for club access at this hotel?
Hi Queen438, yes they will offer you an upgrade at the checkin, regards bkkrop
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:42 pm

Programs: UA 2MM 1k, Bonvoy Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Food and Beverage Amenity?

Hello,

I have a few of the Plat Extra certs and will be staying at the GH HK on FFNs this December. Is the food and beverage amenity at the GH HK (if any in addition to what Diamonds get) worth getting? Or, am I better off paying for the Hainan Chicken Rice meal at the Grand Cafe or Tiffin Dessert Buffet and using the certs to get extra points?

Thanks much for any advice!
Old Dec 1, 2009, 7:51 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

As a Diamond, you should be getting GC access anyways - so the F&B amenity would be overkill - use the certs for the points.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:26 pm

I completed a recent stay at the Grand Hyatt Tokyo and I was underwelmed by the club lounge.

The breakfast selection did have some great pastries and breads, but other than that, there was no hot food on offer during the morning nor evening presentations.

I was much more impressed with the Grand Hyatt Taipei which had on omelette chef each and every morning preparing made order eggs and omelettes.

Dan
Old Dec 30, 2009, 4:34 am

I've stayed at GH HKG twice before. I don't remember much of the hotel, to be honest, but I do remember it was a bit of a pain to get into public transportation and the hotel is not linked to a shopping mall like other hotels in HKG.

I am about to visit HKG again and wonder if I should give Hyatt Tsim Sha Tsui a try. I know it's only a Regency, but it is newer. I am also debating to use free night promo at GH (standard room) versus a paid stay at TST (which I can upgrade to a suite).

Any thoughts?
Old Jan 3, 2010, 2:02 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
I've stayed at GH HKG twice before. I don't remember much of the hotel, to be honest, but I do remember it was a bit of a pain to get into public transportation and the hotel is not linked to a shopping mall like other hotels in HKG.

I am about to visit HKG again and wonder if I should give Hyatt Tsim Sha Tsui a try. I know it's only a Regency, but it is newer. I am also debating to use free night promo at GH (standard room) versus a paid stay at TST (which I can upgrade to a suite).

Any thoughts?
I'm kind of in the same situation. Pondering whether to use the FFN at the GH HKG or book a paid night at the HR TST. Right now limited time offer is 1160 HKD (HR ST is 720 HKD - wow) and I could use a suite upgrade. For FFN value wise the GH is a better deal and I liked the food offering in the lounge. My Diamond goes away by end Feb so this maybe one of the last chances to enjoy the place in my case.

I also have to be on the Central side and am turned off by having to explain the HR TST location to the cabbies particularily at evening time. Guess I will go with FFN at GH HKG this time around, but on paid stays I would go for the HR TST.
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:07 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
I just finished a stay here. If you need to be on HK Island, this is a great place to be. It is a bit of shlep from the nearest MRT, but cabs are so cheap in HKG that I didn't really mind that.

I do think the rooms are a little 90s, and could use some updating. The lack of an ipod charger was a minor annoyance to me. Also, I didn't really like the system to turn off all the lights as it took me a little while to figure out. Overall, the rooms are very comfortable, but just seem a little dated.

As a Diamond, my amenity was a bowl of fruit and a full bottle of a nice French wine. I also had free Diamond Access. Both the breakfast and evening spreads were pretty impressive, particularly the evening where there were two hot dishes, three cold canapes, and the usual cold cuts, dips, breads, antipasti, etc.

I ate at One Harbour East, and it was pretty good, not stellar though.

I checked out the gym as well. I think it's a bit bizarre, because a hallway runs right in the middle and it could use some better lighting, but overall, it was well equipped.

Service was great and very courteous.

and yes, the views are great, but I'm not really a view person and the novelty wears off after a few minutes

I would really only choose to stay here if I need to be on HK Island and if I needed the stay credit. I prefer the more modern vibe of The Upper House or the Landmark MO in HK Island. And if I need to be in Kowloon, I'd rather be at the Hyatt Regency TST, which I think is an excellent property.

Last edited by thc; Jan 9, 2010 at 5:16 am
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by thc
As a Diamond, my amenity was a bowl of fruit and a full bottle of a nice French wine.
The fruit bowl has been in all the rooms forever. I've never seen wine in all my stays over the years - is this something new they're doing for Diamonds? (I haven't stayed there in 7 or 8 months.)
Old Jan 13, 2010, 1:30 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH Senator, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Do diamond members get to access the showers/suana parts of the spa for free (as in Japan) or do you need to purchase a spa service to get access? Thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 1:05 am

Will it be possible to do a early morning check-in ~ 7:00 am? We have layover at HKG for 15 hours as we arrive at 6:30 am and leave at 10:30 pm the same day? Since I have free nights from FFN, I thought I could use this property to take some rest and do site seeing. Kindly advise.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 5:44 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by gpp79
Will it be possible to do a early morning check-in ~ 7:00 am? We have layover at HKG for 15 hours as we arrive at 6:30 am and leave at 10:30 pm the same day? Since I have free nights from FFN, I thought I could use this property to take some rest and do site seeing. Kindly advise.
I was able to check in at 9AM. I believe they will try to accomodate you, but it will depend on availability upon arrival.

You may also want to just email them. they always responded to my emails. Email address is: [email protected]
Old Jan 29, 2010, 3:55 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Anyone here recommend a English speaking private driver service that is fairly priced from Grand Hyatt HK to the airport
Feel free to PM me should you prefer
Thank You

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.