Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2011, 9:04 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by pclee
diamond/plat, no wireless internet access.
i have been informed by MOD and surprisingly diamond line called the property and confirmed (?) this.
However, she couldn't explain the reason....
i thought diamond can get both......
what's your thought?
My understanding has always been it's free internet access for Diamonds, but it's at the discretion of each property whether that is wired, wireless, or both. I always confirm with each property which one is included for Diamonds.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 9:23 pm

Programs: SPG*P, AA*1MM, UA*1P, Hilton*D, Hyatt*D, Sixt*P, Hertz*P, Avis*F, Delta*G
1. sorry they have wireless internet.

2. Daily complimentary Internet access will be provided during a paid or an award stay. Internet access may be wired or wireless and varies by property. If the hotel offers wired and wireless Internet services, it is at the hotel's discretion which Internet service to provide.

if the wired internet is included in the resort fee, don't you think wireless should be free for diamond? or diamond should get discount for the resort fee?

i know you are a big fan of this property but things have to be discussed.

Originally Posted by vincentppetty
Did you not read what you got in your resort fee?

As you clearly quoted in your resort fee, "WIRED" internet access is included. Why on earth would you think that, as a Diamond, you would get wireless? No where on this property's website does it indicate that wireless is available.

This is one of the nicest Hyatt properties in Florida ... try to enjoy it and please do not complain for not getting something that was not stated or promised ...

As a Diamond who stays at this property very frequently, I do not expect wireless access, and the wired access is pretty good from my experiences.

RELAX, and try to enjoy your time at this beautiful property!
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:09 pm

Would love to try this property in March. Can anyone help me with the best way to book a Bay Suite with Regency Club access?

I have only Platinum status. Is it more economical to use points (22,000 per night for Regency Club) or pay $371 for Regency Club room or Hyatt Daily rate of $319 and use Suite upgrade certificate. Don't know how to get both Regency Club and suite.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by marlin
Would love to try this property in March. Can anyone help me with the best way to book a Bay Suite with Regency Club access?

I have only Platinum status. Is it more economical to use points (22,000 per night for Regency Club) or pay $371 for Regency Club room or Hyatt Daily rate of $319 and use Suite upgrade certificate. Don't know how to get both Regency Club and suite.

Thanks in advance.
A Diamond challenge might be the best option to get access to the Regency Club and 4 suite upgrade certs. Residing in the greater DC area gives you easy access to a lot of cheap properties over the weekends.

Aside from this option, I would consider a booking right away to lock in the property ( either with points or cash ) and to see the NOR1 options ( the suites are normally offered )

The property also offered RC access for $ 100 per room in the past ( not worth it, IMO )

Normally, the entry level suites do not have RC access included in the US, but giving the property a call should give you a clear answer how it is handled these days.

To be honest, Coconut Point can get pretty busy. The time share property down the street and the Hyatt Place down the road to the Hyatt might be good options ( less expensive, less crowded, but you still have access to the Hyatt Regency grounds )
Old Aug 15, 2012, 2:56 pm

Thank you very much!
Old Dec 24, 2012, 9:42 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Does anyone know more about the private beaches? Experiences? I'm looking to stay in March .

Thanks!
Old Dec 25, 2012, 8:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by fishy21
Does anyone know more about the private beaches? Experiences? I'm looking to stay in March .

Thanks!
The hotel has a private beach. This is accessible by a boat shuttle which operates from about 10AM through to 5PM. The boat only operates in good weather. The beach isn't that great IMO. I prefer the beach along Hickory Blvd. There is limited public parking for the beaches which are very popular at sunset. You can often see dolphins and manatees there.

The hotel offers a number of water sports. Kayaking is great fun. It's more expensive than other places but very convenient. You also get access to the timeshare pool and river.

Corkscrew Swamp is a nice place. There is also the Koreshan Unity Settlement which is an interesting piece of history. There are plenty of other things to do in the area - depends what you like doing.

Overall this is a great hotel although the RC has gone downhill over recent years. The restaurants are pretty good but very expensive.
Old Dec 25, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
The hotel has a private beach. This is accessible by a boat shuttle which operates from about 10AM through to 5PM. The boat only operates in good weather. The beach isn't that great IMO. I prefer the beach along Hickory Blvd. There is limited public parking for the beaches which are very popular at sunset. You can often see dolphins and manatees there.

The hotel offers a number of water sports. Kayaking is great fun. It's more expensive than other places but very convenient. You also get access to the timeshare pool and river.

Corkscrew Swamp is a nice place. There is also the Koreshan Unity Settlement which is an interesting piece of history. There are plenty of other things to do in the area - depends what you like doing.

Overall this is a great hotel although the RC has gone downhill over recent years. The restaurants are pretty good but very expensive.
Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking forward to it.

Are there restaurants nearby? Or is the hotel the only option for dining?
Old Dec 26, 2012, 3:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by fishy21
Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking forward to it.

Are there restaurants nearby? Or is the hotel the only option for dining?
There are a number of restaurants on site. They are OK but very expensive. There are dozens of restaurants nearby. There is a large shopping centre opposite the hotel which offers plenty of choice albeit mostly chain restaurants. A little further afield there are plenty of good restaurants.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Some photos of the remodelled Bay Suite

When we checked in we were told that our Suite had just been remodelled. Looked a lot better than a room we had a few months earlier.

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point - Bay Suite by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Hyatt Regency Coconut Point - Bay Suite Bedroom by nigelrturner, on Flickr
Old Jan 3, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Thanks for the pictures. That looks like a junior suite, so is it the standard diamond suite upgrade?
Old Jan 3, 2013, 9:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by crystak
Thanks for the pictures. That looks like a junior suite, so is it the standard diamond suite upgrade?
Yes I think so although we have received a number of different suite types when we have stayed. This is probably the most basic but still pretty nice.
Old Jan 3, 2013, 3:38 pm
Original Member

Programs: Delta Silver Medallion, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Silver, Marriott Gold
Hyatt Bonita Springs

It truly depends what time of year you are traveling to the property as to meals, etc. If you are there off season (summer to late fall), one of the restaurants features an excellent 3 course meal for approx $25pp. The food was better than average. If you can drive a bit, during stone crab season, Truluck's in Naples offers an all you can eat dinner including a salad and two side items for $69.99pp
If you know stone crabs, this is an excellent deal!

Coconut point (the outdoor mall across the street) has a bunch of restaurant choices including Stir Fry, Ted's Montana Grill, Tony Sacco's (pizzeria, Italian) and Ruth's Chris. Have fun!
Old Jan 4, 2013, 3:45 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Coconut point (the outdoor mall across the street) has a bunch of restaurant choices including Stir Fry, Ted's Montana Grill, Tony Sacco's (pizzeria, Italian) and Ruth's Chris.
I know these are very convenient but I really really really really suggest going elsewhere unless one likes them. If you despise the above restaurants and want something with local flavor, try Rodes Fish House: http://lifeinbonitasprings.com/rodes...onita-springs/ & www.naplesnews.com/places/rodes_fresh_and_fancy/
Old Jan 4, 2013, 8:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Thanks for the photos... looks beautiful. Think I need to plan a trip Bonita Springs and check out that place.

Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
When we checked in we were told that our Suite had just been remodelled. Looked a lot better than a room we had a few months earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.