Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2024, 8:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, southwest A List Preferred, American Platinum
So we have been coming to this awesome resort with our grandkids for Spring Break for the last 7 years and know it well. I have been Globalist/Diamond for 15 years, so very familiar with how they treat Globalists. Fabulously. I have retired this past year, so I am sad to say that my current status will end February 2025 since half of my travel was business related. I make my reservations with points for 3 rooms for the following year before I even leave the hotel. I usually have earned at least 2 suite upgrades by May and quickly apply them to 2 suites. I can vouch for the fact that all suites for Spring Break are usually gone by mid summer. (I waited too long one year). I have already informed the grandkids that, alas, this will be their last year in suites. You might get lucky and snag a suite last minute. Ursula, at the front desk, who has been there for almost 20 years is awesome and if anyone can make it happen, she can.
Football Fan and moflyer2k like this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Mlife Gold
Suite upgrade awards can be applied at check-in? I thought I had to call Hyatt in advance. Assuming no suites pop up between now and then, what potential room upgrade might I expect if I were to find a Guest of Honor award considering how busy it might be for spring break? It's just the three of us so a suite would be nice, but certainly not necessary.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by dmgrayinva
Suite upgrade awards can be applied at check-in? I thought I had to call Hyatt in advance. Assuming no suites pop up between now and then, what potential room upgrade might I expect if I were to find a Guest of Honor award considering how busy it might be for spring break? It's just the three of us so a suite would be nice, but certainly not necessary.
Don't know the answer the SUA at checkin. I applied our SUA about 9 months ago for mid March. Good luck!
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:20 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by dmgrayinva
you can use a SUA at checkin, but it is not necessary, as the suite would have to bo provided as a perk to a Globalist anyway at checkin when available. Agree, you may need to fight.

you should use your SUA as soon as you have booked the room.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 1:52 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by 59Impala
you can use a SUA at checkin, but it is not necessary, as the suite would have to bo provided as a perk to a Globalist anyway at checkin when available. Agree, you may need to fight.

you should use your SUA as soon as you have booked the room.
The only way a property can apply a suite upgrade at checkin is to call WoH. A property does not have access to one's WoH account to remove the award. As you said, if a standard suite is available when checking in, a glob should get it automatically, without requiring an award.
Old Mar 6, 2024, 4:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
…..if a standard suite is available when checking in, a glob should get it automatically, without requiring an award.

Globalists will receive the best room available at the time of check-in at Hyatt hotels and resorts, including Standard Suites and rooms with Club lounge-access. The best room available will be determined by the applicable hotel or resort in its sole discretion and may vary from stay-to-stay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.