Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Westlake Village, CA REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2001, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt

Just book for Hyatt Westlake village for an upcoming meeting around there. Anyone have stay at this hyatt recently?? Any comment will be v thankful...

Helen =)
Old Oct 4, 2001, 3:50 pm

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
It has been at least a decade but I was not
disappointed. My memory does not lend to
anything else about the property.
Old Oct 5, 2001, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
It's been a year or two for me. I got a large junior suite which was nice, but it had a very dated decor. There are nice restaurants nearby.

Old Oct 8, 2001, 4:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, Hilton, Hyatt
Just stayed Hyatt Westlake for the weekend. Stayed at Business Rate Plan; room was spacious, and services was friendly and knowlegable at the front desk. And, really like the open air atmosphere in the lobby. Will recommend hotel to friends/family. =)
Old Oct 11, 2001, 11:09 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
We stayed there last year and it was fine. At one time they advertised that they were near Malibu - let me assure you that they are not. Between Westlake Village and Malibu is a mountain range!
Old Oct 12, 2001, 3:10 pm

I stayed there last month and it was a nice hotel. I used the entertainment book rate and got the business rate for around $134 vs. $209, and even got Hyatt Gold Passport points for the stay! I would suggest that if you are staying on the business plan rate, use the breakfast voucher towards a meal off of the menu rather than the buffet breakfast, the buffet is not that great

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Helen123:
Just book for Hyatt Westlake village for an upcoming meeting around there. Anyone have stay at this hyatt recently?? Any comment will be v thankful...

Helen =)
</font>
Old Oct 15, 2001, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fly UA MM 1K, Sleep Hyatt & IHG, Hertzer. 2022 Flyertalk Fantasy Football Champion
This is actually my "home" Hyatt, I stay there about 4 days every month because our corporate offices are in Westlake Village. It's a pretty nice and quaint hotel (5 floors). It's a Mediterranean style property with a Regency Floor and club lounge (look for Susan and tell her Ken from Sacramento said to look her up). Susan is one of the best and most personal concierges that you will ever meet.

The rooms are pretty good size, however there are not a lot of suites and they are often sold out during the week due to revenue, non-upgrade bookings. Of you are a Diamond you can contact the rooms manager Ms. Gilat (Gey like "key", lat like "latte") Tsoar at 805-557-4748 or mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A> to ask about possible suite availability or to request your Diamond room guarantee.

There is a nice sports bar/lounge downstairs and the bartender/host is named Paul; he'll pretty much get anything you need. The hotel over the past year had a very high occurrence of "Sold-Out" nights during the week. Westlake Village/Thousand Oaks is the Worldwide Headquarters for Amgen, and the Hyatt is their primary property for everything - rooms, conferences, meetings, etc. However with the downturn in the economy the property has not been sold out and has been making many cutbacks, so some of the standard amenities may be eliminated.

The menu is pretty solid and the service is good, and like keno0000000 said - the breakfast buffet is not all that special. There is an O.K. fitness center and a fairly wide variety of places to eat around the hotel. There is also a movie theatre that is within walking distance.

If you have any questions, e-mail me at mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

------------------
Ken in Sacramento
Old Mar 8, 2003, 1:01 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Hyatt Westlake Village - any reports?

Hi,

I am going to stay at this property in a few weeks and would like to read some feedback about it. I did a search, but that came only up with a suggestion of this hotel as a cheap place for a weekend stay. I will be staying there Tuesday to Friday for the last three days of my holiday before driving back to SFO. We are mostly looking for a decent place to stay with a nice pool if weather permits...

So anybody stayed there recently and can tell something about it? So far I have only stayed once at a Hyatt (Boston Harbourside...liked that), and would like to know what to expect...

Thanks for any information!

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 9, 2003, 12:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
It's an ok Hyatt (only ok), don't remember the pool. I live in the area, and occassionally put up relatives there.

It's an odd choice for a vacation stay unless you have friends in the area, or you are here for golf. You can get killer rates on Priceline for the Park Hyatt LA (no points though), a much, much nicer hotel, much better location for LA.

[This message has been edited by beachfan (edited 03-09-2003).]
Old Mar 10, 2003, 9:14 pm

Programs: United 1K
I too live in the area and have put up relatives at the Hyatt Westlake. The hotel is being remodeled since it's a little dated. Make sure to ask to get upgraded to the Regency Club floor and request a room away from the freeway side.
Old Mar 11, 2003, 1:36 am

Programs: UA *S , MR LT Titanium, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Thanks for the information...actually I am going there because I do not want to stay in a big city, so I always choose something a little remote...;-)!

As to the remodeling...any insight in how far they are, and how "disturbing" the work is???

Greetings - Dirk
Old Mar 14, 2003, 10:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I also live in the area (gosh there's lots of us here!) and I actually stayed there a few months ago. I didn't notice any work being done. I was upgraded to the RC level and the RC staff was very friendly and accommodating.

There is plenty to do in the area: Hiking, golf, antiquing up in Santa Barbara, and it's not too far to the Beach in Malibu.
Old Sep 30, 2003, 11:55 am

Programs: LH SEN , UA 1K, SPG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver, GHA Black
It is a decent place - nothing really special about it. rooms are clean but look a little bit old. not very good with upgrades. stay in West Hollywood or at the PArk Hyatt.
Old Oct 2, 2003, 2:51 am

Programs: UA Premier Plat/Marriott Titanium
I'm staying here right now. The room smells musty. Actually, the entire hotel smells kind of musty. It's in dire need of renovation.

Old Oct 2, 2003, 10:17 am

Programs: United 1K
I live in the neigborhood and have had friends stay there. Be sure to ask for a room away from the freeway side. The hotel was built in the late 70's and the lobby is pleasant. See if you can get upgraded to the floor on the concierge level.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.