FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Aug 15, 2012, 1:35 pm
FD1971
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by marlin
Would love to try this property in March. Can anyone help me with the best way to book a Bay Suite with Regency Club access?

I have only Platinum status. Is it more economical to use points (22,000 per night for Regency Club) or pay $371 for Regency Club room or Hyatt Daily rate of $319 and use Suite upgrade certificate. Don't know how to get both Regency Club and suite.

Thanks in advance.
A Diamond challenge might be the best option to get access to the Regency Club and 4 suite upgrade certs. Residing in the greater DC area gives you easy access to a lot of cheap properties over the weekends.

Aside from this option, I would consider a booking right away to lock in the property ( either with points or cash ) and to see the NOR1 options ( the suites are normally offered )

The property also offered RC access for $ 100 per room in the past ( not worth it, IMO )

Normally, the entry level suites do not have RC access included in the US, but giving the property a call should give you a clear answer how it is handled these days.

To be honest, Coconut Point can get pretty busy. The time share property down the street and the Hyatt Place down the road to the Hyatt might be good options ( less expensive, less crowded, but you still have access to the Hyatt Regency grounds )