Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Coconut Pointe (Bonita Springs, FL) Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2013, 5:48 am

Programs: HH Silver, MR Plat Prem & LT Plat, Hyatt Plat,SPG Plat, Hertz PC, National EE, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
The kids
Not sure what age your kids are, but my toddler/teen kids LOVED the "smores" making!! You can buy bags w/the marshmallows, graham crackers, sticks and choc right in the coffee shop. Grab-n-go bags. Or a target is at the end of the entrance driveway.

Have fun...we love the property!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:28 am

Just returned from eight days in Bonita Springs, one night at the hotel, and seven at the Hyatt Coconut Plantation (the timeshare). We loved the area. There is tons of shopping at Coconut Road and Tamiami Trail, and a must-do is to see Naples downtown which is decorated to the hilt for the holidays. It is prettier than any place I have ever been this time of year (even without snow)! If you would like restaurant recommendations, please PM me. By the way, there is a hotel shuttle that will take you over to the timeshare which has an amazing Lazy River experience . . . had two girls with us (ages 10 and 11), and they had a blast!!!
Old Dec 18, 2013, 8:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I had tried to book the hotel but no availability and then eventually got a rack rate of about $1000 a night! Booked the Vacation Club instead although previous stay there hadn't been great.

Turner out there was an SAP related conference at the hotel and it was packed. Only complaint was the construction work going on down at the end of the boardwalk meant that we werent able to rent a kayak which is one of our favourite things to do there.

The VC was very very quiet. We got a top floor corner room which was very nice. Very nicely decorated and furnished and with a huge bathroom. I think that were only about 5-6 cars in the buildings garage so felt like we had the place to ourselves.

The kitchen is pretty well equipped but no skillet or drying up cloths but we managed to cope.

The pool area and the lazy river were also very quiet so we spent plenty of time just floating along.

Plenty to do in the area. The shopping mall down Corkscrew is very good with Bloomies, Off 5th and Nieman Marcus as well as dozens of smaller shops. We also enjoy going to Corkscrew Swamp and Hickory Beach is great for dolphins and sunsets.

Checout is normally 10AM but called down and asked if we could get a late checkout without paying $20 and hour and they said no problem.
Old Dec 18, 2013, 9:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks all..

Regency Club is very nice. Food selection comparable to Maui and on the 17th floor. Will try the lazy river experience. We are having a fun time.. wish we could stay longer than the 4 nights here. We'll be moving on to a 15 night stint in Orlando after this.

Kids love it here is an understatement. I guess we see a mini golf course out there. Anyone have experience with that? Will be doing the Lazy River.. especially towards the end of the stay when its 86 and 88 degrees farenheit.

Anyways, I took too much food from Regency Club down to the suite where there is a table to sit at and eat on. The bar counter makes for extra space. I like how there is a shoe rack in the foyer of the entrance. The faucets on the sink is unreal.. what a great feature. The view of the bay is beautiful. I see the construction a bit, but not a bother at all. We can see the lazy river as well.

What's that city/town we see looking northwestward? The two balconies are nice and sticks out compared to the upper floor, so gives a bit of skyward view.
Old Jan 9, 2014, 6:27 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Priority Club Platinum, Hilton, Southwest "A" and "CP" Hertz 5*
If your a diamond staying at the plantation are you granted access to the regency club?
Old May 12, 2014, 1:39 am

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
I've learned a lot about this resort over the past week, and I'm not exactly happy with what I've learned:

1. It is not uncommon for them to oversell by 25 rooms on any given night.
2. A Diamond is not guaranteed a room and can be walked. They "try not to" but it's not a promise they make. At Marriott if a Platinum is walked they get 90,000 (yes 90 Thousand) points and $100 cash at a full service property and less if it's a limited service. If Hyatt doesn't protect Diamonds against being walked (usually to the Hyatt Place nearby), then what is the point of being Diamond. You come in for a nice resort vacation and end up at the strip mall Hyatt nearby? Just tacky.
3. If you have a reservation on a sold out week and you need to modify it, the system won't allow it and they won't override it. For example, we hold reservations on the 9-16 but the hotel is overbooked the 11 and 12. We want to arrive on the 11th instead of the 9th and it's not allowed because of the oversell situation on the 11th. But wait we're not adding to te oversell situation. We already have a confirmed room on those dates. We just need to arrive later in the week due to work responsibilities. They told me the only solution was cancel the room. It just amazes me that this is so difficult.

I'm left SMH at the whole situation. I worked to regain my Hyatt Diamond last year after 2 years as Platinum and I'm really disgusted with the whole program right now.

Last edited by chicaloca453; Jun 5, 2014 at 2:00 pm
Old Jun 21, 2014, 5:38 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond AA Platinum
Spent Monday night here (we are only an hour away) and then went to Naples to a small resort on the water. Disliked that resort so much, checked out early and came back to the Coconut Pointe Resort.

Its certainly not my favorite Hyatt (or location), but its so comfy, has a great and well staffed Regency Club and the entire staff at the resort is marvelous. Here till early next week and have both spa and golf booked.

For those that golf, Raptor Bay is quite nice. Its a scenic course that is not too difficult, but offers top notch conditions.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 10:40 am

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
Looking for some guidance on deciding between Hyatt properties. My wife and I are planning to take a vacation in mid-April 2015, with our baby (who will be about 8 months at the time). I have about 100,000 Hyatt points and am leaning toward Coconut Point, but also considering the Clearwater Hyatt. I may try to scrounge up a few more points, so we'll plan on 5-6 nights.

Any insight into which may be the better property with a baby in tow? We're very realistic about expectations for the trip, so we're just looking unwind in some warmer weather at a nice property and do some brief stints at the pool and/or beach. We also like good food, but know we won't be able to do much fine dining -- so just a few decent walkable restaurants would be nice. I think we'll plan on renting a car but probably won't do much heavy trekking.

We're actually open to any other baby-friendly Hyatt properties in the U.S. if people have suggestions, but these two seem like good bets at that time of year.

ETA: Mods, if there's a better spot for this thread, feel free to move -- wasn't quite sure where to solicit advice.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:33 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Have stayed at both properties and both have their pluses. The downside of Bonita is that if you want to eat outside the hotel then it is a drive. There are no other restaurants that are anything like walking distance that I know of. Bonita is a lovely hotel. Nice rooms, free parking and very helpful staff. Loune is pretty good although has gone down hill in recent years.

Clearwater has a great location. The beach is just across the road and plenty of choice of restaurants that you can walk to. A little more laid back than Bonita and the rooms aren't quite as nice but both very good properties.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:53 am

Programs: Co-branded credit card status moocher
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
Have stayed at both properties and both have their pluses. The downside of Bonita is that if you want to eat outside the hotel then it is a drive. There are no other restaurants that are anything like walking distance that I know of. Bonita is a lovely hotel. Nice rooms, free parking and very helpful staff. Loune is pretty good although has gone down hill in recent years.

Clearwater has a great location. The beach is just across the road and plenty of choice of restaurants that you can walk to. A little more laid back than Bonita and the rooms aren't quite as nice but both very good properties.
Thanks for the response. How far of a drive is the local area around Bonita? I don't mind a short drive, but I don't want to always have to haul off for 20 minutes just to grab a bite to eat either. It does like parking is free and easy at Bonita, which would be a plus.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 9:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Vaitrucci
Thanks for the response. How far of a drive is the local area around Bonita? I don't mind a short drive, but I don't want to always have to haul off for 20 minutes just to grab a bite to eat either. It does like parking is free and easy at Bonita, which would be a plus.
It's not far the hotel is off a long road from the main through road. There is a large shopping and entertainment complex right near the intersection with a huge choice of restaurants to choose from. There are also plenty of places to consider back along the road going South so you won't be short on choices. It's just sometimes nice not to have to drive. We have been visiting the hotel every year since it opened and will probably be back again later this year.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 5:15 am

BaGoldBoy; would love to hear your tips and advice on this hotel and what to do in the surrounding area.

Any dolphin experiences for kids?
Driving to Everglades for a trip on the swamps.
Croc/alligator viewing?

We have 5 nights here late December. DSU'd into a suite. 2 adults and 2 boys ages 2,5 and just over 4.

Cheers,
Petrus
Old Oct 22, 2014, 6:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Petrus
BaGoldBoy; would love to hear your tips and advice on this hotel and what to do in the surrounding area.

Any dolphin experiences for kids?
Driving to Everglades for a trip on the swamps.
Croc/alligator viewing?

We have 5 nights here late December. DSU'd into a suite. 2 adults and 2 boys ages 2,5 and just over 4.

Cheers,
Petrus
Petrus we are returning at the beginning of December. The hotel is great especially for kids. We tend to use a suite voucher here and we have always received great rooms. The RC has slipped a bit year by year but is still good. Free parking is a bonus and you also get free use of the Vacation Club facilities - tennis, golf, pool, etc although the pools at the hotel are probably better. Access to private beach and also watersports including kayaks which are great for exploring. Had several dolphin and manatee encounters over the years. Haven't found the hotel restaurants to be that great in recent years and have got expensive.

The hotel sits at the end of a long road off the highway so in terms of other restaurants and shops it's a matter of driving. The Coconut Point shopping centre is huge with many shops, restaurants and a cinema. There is also an outlet mall off Corkscrew Road which is very good.

In terms of things to do you can drive down south to the everglades. A few parks and plenty of places to take an airboat ride, Naples Zoo is very good and worth a visit as is Corkscrew Swamp Sanctuary but it does involve a far bit of walking.

Sarasota is a bit of a drive but doable in a day as is Sanibel
Old Oct 23, 2014, 12:48 am

This is grand. Thank you ^:-:
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:44 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Here for a few days. When I tried to book a few weeks ago the hotel was either unavailable or only available as Diamond Guarantee. Arrived at midday and the car park was almost empty. Checked in to our Bay Suite which have been remodelled and very nice.

At the moment we are the sole occupants of the RC and the hotel is almost empty. I am surprised they kept the RC open for 2 people.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.