Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:23 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
Originally Posted by lava890
Only 2 adults in your room will get complimentary breakfast. If you’re using points for either of the rooms, book the other room as Guest of honor with points to get the benefit for 2 of the adults in that room as well.
I’m doing a healthcare discount rate for both. So both should get it right for 2 people in each room? And so they are pretty strict? I mean I’ll pay for one person just too bad (I’ve been at other properties where they didn’t mind..). I did book saying it’s 2 and 3 people too.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 9:46 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Originally Posted by Cometstar
I’m doing a healthcare discount rate for both. So both should get it right for 2 people in each room? And so they are pretty strict? I mean I’ll pay for one person just too bad (I’ve been at other properties where they didn’t mind..). I did book saying it’s 2 and 3 people too.
Unless you have 2 globalists in your party and book one room under each, then technically only one room will get breakfast for 2 adults (and 2 kids). That said, this is definitely one of those ymmv situations. Maybe the server doesn’t distinguish who’s an adult and who’s not, maybe they don’t want to try to separate it out. It’s totally possible they could comp all 5, but you should go with the expectation that only 2 will be free.
Old Sep 18, 2022, 10:50 am

Any experience getting room upgrades as explorists? I booked a 2 queen bed using points (King Bed was unavailable) . Was wondering if I can hope for a King Bed with a slightly upgraded views
Old Oct 1, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Any updates on if they had any damage from Hurricane Ian? I have a stay next week but I assume no news is good news?

edit: I reached out to the hotel and everything is operational except the boats since the dock is underwater but they anticipate getting it up and running within the week.

Last edited by Cometstar; Oct 2, 2022 at 12:15 pm
Old Oct 7, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AS MVP Gold 100K, Hilton Diamond(Amex), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Cometstar
Any updates on if they had any damage from Hurricane Ian? I have a stay next week but I assume no news is good news?

edit: I reached out to the hotel and everything is operational except the boats since the dock is underwater but they anticipate getting it up and running within the week.
Boats are up and running. Wristbands for waterside only.
Old Oct 9, 2022, 6:33 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Silly question…. Website mentions a ride to Magic Kingdom… Are they also willing to take you to EPCOT center?
Old Oct 9, 2022, 6:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt LIFETIME Globalist
No. The bus will take you to the Ticket and Transportation Center and you can jump on the monorail to Epcot.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone ever been able to take luggage on the bus to the TTC that they offer?
Old Jan 7, 2023, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Has anyone stayed at the VIP suite, which it says on the website it has a size of 1080 sq feet? Is it spacious enough to accommodate a family of four (two adults and two kids)?
Old Jan 8, 2023, 3:58 am

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
We typically book the VIP suite and the connecting room and that's plenty of space (with 2 or 3 kids).

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Has anyone stayed at the VIP suite, which it says on the website it has a size of 1080 sq feet? Is it spacious enough to accommodate a family of four (two adults and two kids)?
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:19 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by Peatisback
We typically book the VIP suite and the connecting room and that's plenty of space (with 2 or 3 kids).
How do you do that? Do you the book the suite and the connecting room each on a separate reservation or the connecting room will be linked to the suite reservation automatically.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
How do you do that? Do you the book the suite and the connecting room each on a separate reservation or the connecting room will be linked to the suite reservation automatically.
I would call either my concierge or customer service to do the booking. Not all suites have connecting rooms. Many do, but I wouldn't want to take my chances.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 9:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, AA EXP
Sometimes you can book it directly as a 2 bedroom suite.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL DM MM, Hyatt LT Globalist, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC
We book the VIP suite on a paid rate and a connecting room using the Chase Cat1-4 certs or points. Then call the property and ask someone in the front office to block them as connecting. They have a great staff that is always very accommodating.

Old Jan 12, 2023, 5:51 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Has anyone been to the property lately? The grotto cabana used to have a curtain but last time I was there, they had taken it off. Curious if it has been replaced - the privacy was nice.

PS - heard the club closed - that sucks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.