Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2022, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
Originally Posted by rkonda
Is the club lounge open now? Does globalists get breakfast at lakeside if the club lounge is open? Is the room service an option for globalist breakfasts at this hotel?
Club is permanently closed. We have seen it being used for functions. Breakfast for globalists is at Lakeside and very good.
GUWonder likes this.
Old May 1, 2022, 7:22 pm

Could be asking a dumb question, new to Hyatt, but I am trying to book a three night stay here with points in June and the hotel won’t show the rate after I select it. Cash only, is it blackout?
Old May 2, 2022, 7:31 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by River in Sight
I was there two weeks ago and they did not. Children need a wristband to use the slide.
And that’s either based on either the height or age of the children — don't recall which.

No wristbands for adults. While it’s possible for say a taxi or others to clear the security booth and drive adults into the hotel without paying for parking and then have the visitors use the pools, it didn’t seem like there was much of that happening even as it remains very much possible.
Old May 18, 2022, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by LowRoller
Could be asking a dumb question, new to Hyatt, but I am trying to book a three night stay here with points in June and the hotel won’t show the rate after I select it. Cash only, is it blackout?
They offer a limited number of points rooms for each night. If you're looking for a few weeks out, or a month out, they're probably booked. People often cancel so it's worthwhile to keep checking.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:37 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by LowRoller

if you are on the hotel selection page, then the points showed there are just based on the category of hotel, but NOT if they actually have rooms available. As long as a standard room is available, it is available on points as well. Minimum stay requirements may need to be observed.

also, ensure you do not have a corporate code entered, that can limit the options available with points, such as P+C.
Old May 18, 2022, 11:39 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by lava890
They offer a limited number of points rooms for each night. If you're looking for a few weeks out, or a month out, they're probably booked. People often cancel so it's worthwhile to keep checking.
this is not correct, it is not „limited for each night“. Standard room available equals available on points, min stay reqs may need to be observed.
Old May 23, 2022, 4:00 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Big issue here - the WiFi only allows you to connect 99 devices at a time under your room number.

What a bummer :-)
Old May 25, 2022, 7:00 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Very nice!

I remember seeing Grand Cypress on Great Hotels with Samantha Brown many years ago, so it has always been on my list. I can see why it gets 4.6 stars on Google.

While I had only been bumped to a Poolview King in app, I was able to get an Executive Suite at check-in. Two rooms with two room numbers. Two full bathrooms - good showers after I cleaned the calcium out of the rainfall heads to expand the water flow. One room was the parlor with couch and dining table for four. The other room was a corner room with two balconies, a comfy arm chair, and the bed. With the corner bedroom, there were three balconies in total. All had some wasp presence. The view towards Disney World and the fireworks was nice. The WiFi worked well. Two large TVs with lots of channels and Chromecast. The bed was comfortable with a plush mattress and not too thick but not too thin pillows. The covers were a bit thin but not bad for Central Florida. Both rooms had ceiling fans. The AC struggled when blinds were open during the afternoon but got very cold at night.

I really liked the room design - kind of retro. Everything was comfortable.

Breakfast at Lakehouse was quite good - either the buffet or a la carte entree + juice + coffee. I had the buffet with tasty made-to-order pancakes. The omelets weren't my favorite for some reason, but the eggs and bacon in the dishes were actually really good. Lots of options.

Service was good - was asked at check-in without prompting if I wanted a suite upgrade. Pushed checkout to 12 as I was leaving for the airport. Associates were all friendly. Text system not good as I never received a response to my response to their pre-arrival text.

Property was very busy with over four conferences. Elevators could be a tad slow during meeting departures.

Merlot the parrot was a very fun sight to see - lots of hellos and bye byes!

I didn't use the pool, but it did seem a tad cold. Marriott World Center definitely won out in the pool amenities. However, Grand Cypress does have a beach area - though, I would be scared of alligators.
​​​​​​
Disney Springs was walkable if you don't mind dealing with annoying crosswalks on Hotel Plaza Blvd and the Central Florida heat. The shuttle only leaves once at 5 PM and doesn't pick up until 8:45. I took the shuttle there and walked back.

Overall, I would recommend.

River in Sight and svo242 like this.
Old May 27, 2022, 9:02 pm

As a Globalist, I usually receive an email a couple days prior to a stay from the hotel where I reply and request a suite upgrade ahead of time. I have not received one from Grand Cypress for my stay in a couple days. Does anyone know an email address I could use to contact them?
Old May 27, 2022, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by John Becknell
As a Globalist, I usually receive an email a couple days prior to a stay from the hotel where I reply and request a suite upgrade ahead of time. I have not received one from Grand Cypress for my stay in a couple days. Does anyone know an email address I could use to contact them?
[email protected]
Old May 29, 2022, 6:53 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by rarerules
Does anyone know if this resort requires you you wear wristbands to access the pool?
I am on property this weekend and, unlike my last trip in January, wristbands are required and enforced by security. The pool area was pretty crowded this weekend; my son and I could only find chairs in the “beach” area over the weekend, which I was fine with. We were in the pool the entire time anyway. The pool was much warmer than January, but I still thought it had a slight chill especially after the sun went down.

I don’t have much to add from my January review. I paid around $200/nt and I think it’s a great deal considering what’s included… my son and I took full advantage of the boats, bikes, rock climbing, pools, golf, etc. We had one dinner at the pool which I thought was OK, I had the ahi tuna bowl which was probably the wrong thing to order. He had a burger and was very satisfied. Breakfast was very good. Our other dinners were at Sofrito down the street.

Most of the outdoor amenities are shutdown if lightning is detected within ten miles of the hotel. Perfectly understandable, but with Florida summer weather there can be some long stretches where everything is shut down even when the weather at the hotel seems OK.

I booked a base level room and received a pool view room; no suites were available this weekend. I will absolutely return, I continue to think it’s a great option with children. Other than Wawa and Sofrito, my son and I didn’t leave the property for our four night stay and were busy the entire time.
GUWonder likes this.
Old Jul 20, 2022, 9:34 am

Four Flamingos is participating in Orlando Magical Dining from Aug. 26 through Oct. 2, 2022. You have to ask for the magical dining menu. It's a set menu for $40 plus tax and tip. The tuna tostado, fish beurre blanc, and dessert would normally be $77 before tax and tip.

https://www.magicaldining.com/listin...kitchen/51642/
Old Jul 24, 2022, 1:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
DP as glob: did OLCI and got an “upgraded” pool view room on 8th floor. I did go ahead and ask at front desk if a standard suite was available. It was not (and also not available on website). But the room does have a nice view. Booked with points.

Last edited by Stgermainparis; Jul 24, 2022 at 8:13 pm
Old Aug 3, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
First time booking more than 1 room... it'll be my family with 2 adults one room and 3 adults in the other. Do you think I'll have an issue getting everyone in for the breakfast buffet as a globalist?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 8:03 pm

Originally Posted by Cometstar
First time booking more than 1 room... it'll be my family with 2 adults one room and 3 adults in the other. Do you think I'll have an issue getting everyone in for the breakfast buffet as a globalist?
Only 2 adults in your room will get complimentary breakfast. If you’re using points for either of the rooms, book the other room as Guest of honor with points to get the benefit for 2 of the adults in that room as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.