Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Cypress Regency (Orlando) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
Waived RF, Valet and Full buffet BF with made to order omelet.
I assume you have Globalist status (based on programs listed under your username). This was on a stay paid with points or a stay paid with cash? If a points stay, the waived resort fee and valet would be standard Globalist benefits.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Mar 30, 2021 at 1:20 pm
Old Mar 31, 2021, 8:34 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
I assume you have Globalist status (based on programs listed under your username). This was on a stay paid with points or a stay paid with cash? If a points stay, the waived resort fee and valet would be standard Globalist benefits.
Old Apr 21, 2021, 8:07 am

I just booked a 4-night stay here for my wife and 1.5 year old this coming September (9/11-9/15). We had 4 free night awards to burn and this seems like a good use. We'll probably mostly stay on property, but will maybe hop over to Animal Kingdom for an afternoon.

From everything I've been able to gather, the crowds do die down a bit after Labor Day. For anyone that has visited the hotel (and the parks) in mid-September, can you shed some light on what the crowds are like?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by dannygberg
I just booked a 4-night stay here for my wife and 1.5 year old this coming September (9/11-9/15). We had 4 free night awards to burn and this seems like a good use. We'll probably mostly stay on property, but will maybe hop over to Animal Kingdom for an afternoon.

From everything I've been able to gather, the crowds do die down a bit after Labor Day. For anyone that has visited the hotel (and the parks) in mid-September, can you shed some light on what the crowds are like?
Hi,

Mid september should be busy but quieter than July -august. However if you have not been to WDW for a while , I would read up on the park reservation process ( currently I think you need to make a reservation for a specific date to access the park as Disney has limited capacity in these covid times and some live shows are cancelled). Disney may ramp up capacity as summer approaches/ vaccinations step up and covid cases hopefully fall.

It is still going to be hot but the humidity will be a bit less. than july/august.

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 29, 2021, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, 1MM; Hyatt Explorist; MR Gold; HH Diamond
How often do the shuttles run to and from the parks? Thanks!
Old Apr 29, 2021, 9:53 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot

Mid september should be busy but quieter than July -august.
September is the absolute slowest month of the year at WDW, I was just looking at renting a Disney Vacation Club property and September is the cheapest month.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by rendezvous
How often do the shuttles run to and from the parks? Thanks!
I would call and ask. The times always change and I've seen it only a few times a day, depending upon the season and occupancy. The hotel is right on the edge of Disney property and you can probably uber or cab it to Disney Springs and take a bus to the park you'd like to visit.
Old Apr 30, 2021, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by Beckles
September is the absolute slowest month of the year at WDW, I was just looking at renting a Disney Vacation Club property and September is the cheapest month.
Very true. But it's also hurricane season I've had to cancel a few trips in September because, as my luck would have it, hurricanes pointed themselves at Orlando during my dates. One year I managed to get really inexpensive tickets for right after labor day... and a hurricane hit. I rescheduled for 2 weeks later... another hurricane. I finally rescheduled for late October and lost my cheapo seats.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old May 29, 2021, 11:07 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
I’m planning a trip here. I have a 8 year old, 5 year old and 2 year old. I have two nights in November. Using two cat 4 certs. Globalist. Is the property a destination in itself for a weekend? Or do I need to look into Disney or animal kingdom? We live in Los Angeles so we can go to Disneyland. Any recommended activities on or off property?
Old May 30, 2021, 10:17 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Normally, enough to do if you love the pool, which is not heated so somewhat cool in May (never been in August). The property is large and can do bike rides, pitch and put, maybe another game. But for active days that don’t involve hanging by the pool, maybe not.

odd that one would travel a distance to Orlando as a destination though without getting off property. I go for business and avoid the theme parks but would go if I had kids.

you should check with the hotel to see hay is being offered when you go. My experience is pre COVID.
Old May 30, 2021, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
There is definitely plenty to do with children. The smaller pool is definitely heated. There is a beach area for the children to play. The lake has non-motorized water sports and there is biking. Last visit the climbing walls were closed due to covid however by November I imagine they will be reopened. At night there is a fire pit to toast marshmallows. Nights when I was last there they had movies by the pool.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by kpott
I’m planning a trip here. I have a 8 year old, 5 year old and 2 year old. I have two nights in November. Using two cat 4 certs. Globalist. Is the property a destination in itself for a weekend? Or do I need to look into Disney or animal kingdom? We live in Los Angeles so we can go to Disneyland. Any recommended activities on or off property?
Depends what u like to do. One trip we stayed 2 nights and didn't leave the property and were very busy and didn't get to do all we wanted. My kids were older and very active though. Also all our trips were pre covid. We spent time trying the various watersports - my DD loved the aquabike and also wanted us all to paddleboat. Then we had to try out the SUPs and I wanted some time kayaking and canoeing.

Chatted with the parrot, played poolside games to win prizes (incl tokens to the arcade so we went there to play), went swimming and hot tubbing (small pool is heated, big pool is chilly but fun), went up the climbing wall, took out the surrey bike, played pitch and putt golf, rode bikes to the tennis courts, ran out of time to try the driving range or play tennis. Also fit in evening strolls around the pretty grounds. Spent some time in the gym, then more swimming. We made very good use of the property amenities LOL! If you get bored, there is (at least there used to be) a free shuttle to the Outlet Mall.

That said, we are Disney geeks and made sure to fit in Disney time later in the trip.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 8:45 am

Any recent stays? I'm assuming the lounge is still closed and Globalist breakfast is taken in the restaurant?

Heading there next week and will report back with any updates!
Old Jul 30, 2021, 6:21 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Delta Platinum Medallion, Hilton Gold,Starwood Preferred, United, AA
The lounge is still closed. I was told they are unsure if they will reopen it. Globalist breakfast is in the restaurant.
cfabar1 and nmoe like this.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 4:24 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I wonder how many of the lounges will never reopen… My suspicion is many of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.