Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Wilbur
It was built atop the former Japanese prison camp, which is why the Taiwanese folks view it as something with a "ghostly quotient". There are paintings in the lobby, beside the elevators, which are intended to take the curse off it.
Very interesting. My Taiwanese friends never told me not to stay here...
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:58 pm

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
I am in the middle of a 4 night stay and thought I would pass along a couple of items.

The outdoor swimming pool will be closed from April 15 to June 20, 2010 for renovation although the current 6th floor gym facilities will be open. Guest wishin to swim will be given the use of the pool t the Action LIfe Fitness Centre 3min away by car. (just on the other side of the VIE Cinema past the 101 & Exhibition complex.

Also, the band at Ziga-Zaga was far inferior to the calibre of bands that they usually have. It was pretty difficult to listen to. I didn't catch their name or how long they will be here. They looked to be ethnic chinese which is also the first time I have seen that here as the bands are usually non-asian here.
Old Jun 24, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: *A
I am posting from the GH and a note in the room, stating renovation is until June 30. When i look out the window, I think they have to really hurry up to open in a few days Well, anyhow, the good news is that soon a full Health Club will be open again. On the phone they just told me it should be Mid-July...

was actually at the Action Life Fitness Centre. They have "classic" indoor pool for swimming lanes. also a sauna but it is nothing to write home about and certainly not comparable to Hyatt.

wasn't in ziga zaga while the band was playing but heard it is rather loud. Their regular menu with pizza etc is not avail right now. Until Sep 11 they have a special promotion with brazil style BBQ and starter buffet etc...

Last edited by sebastian746; Jun 26, 2010 at 5:56 am Reason: update
Old Jul 3, 2010, 7:28 pm

How is the Club lounge these days? Not too many reviews lately. Also, all the club rooms are newer (relatively speaking...) compared to those on the lower floors, right?
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:22 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Grand Club Floors

Stayed a few weeks ago for couple nights. Grand Club Floor rooms are renovated. The Club Lounge is well stocked with both Chinese and Western food selections for breakfast and evening service. While lounge space is not as big as GH HK, it is generally adequate, but if you go during large trade shows held at nearby TICC, the club lounge can be pretty crowded with the conventioneers.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 12:25 am

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by npei
Stayed a few weeks ago for couple nights. Grand Club Floor rooms are renovated. The Club Lounge is well stocked with both Chinese and Western food selections for breakfast and evening service. While lounge space is not as big as GH HK, it is generally adequate, but if you go during large trade shows held at nearby TICC, the club lounge can be pretty crowded with the conventioneers.
Do you know when they were renovated and what do the renovated rooms look like?

Stayed in a Club Room at the end of last year and that one at least definitely hadn't been done! Will be great if they have been completed
Old Sep 14, 2010, 9:41 am

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Seems grand but maybe old.

I'm looking at a 3 day stay in Taipei. I'm pretty familiar with the city.

I've loved staying at newer Park Hyatt (Chicago Seoul) etc.

--

Is the Grand Hyatt worth using Hyatt points? In Taipei, I've been finding nice little boutique rooms like Ambiance Hotels, Dandy, Beauty Tango hotels etc and they are all $100 USD ish.

Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, United Global Services/1MM
Its nothing special in my opinion, and yes some of the rooms are feeling pretty old. That said, I always end up staying there when I'm in town. It owkrs for me and I like the Hyatt diamond bene's.

I've never really gotten anything unexpected from them in the 15 or so stays I've had over 4 years, except for last month. I had a 2 day stay and was comp upgraded to an enormous suite, but htat too was a bit old feeling.

Solid performer, not so "grand", but it works.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 4:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.13 MM, IC Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Upcoming trip to Taipei and wanted to take advantage of the 10K points promo in November...I have several questions that I was hoping someone would sway me in the right direction.

1) Is there a huge difference between the Grand King and Grand Deluxe King rooms? (besides the 800 NTD/night)

Have both been renovated? (Looks like the King floors are lower than the Deluxe King floors)

2) Is this a good location to use points and Upgrade to Club Level?

Looks like this is a "step down" from other GHs but I am always up for earning more hotel points even when there are other options.

Thanks as always!
Old Oct 6, 2010, 9:35 am

Programs: AA 2MM - UA 1P / Hyatt Diamond - SPG Plat / Hertz 5* - Avis 1st
Grand King and Grand Deluxe King rooms are not all that different - in fact, I can't remember what the differences are other than their positions along the footprint of the hotel. I think that the GDK is physically larger, being on the "outside curve" position of the hall.

If you use the lounge a lot and are not a Diamond, or don't want to use the elevator to get to the lounge, upgrade to the Club Level. Otherwise not.

The GHT is a steady, consistent performer of a hotel for me. I have never had any large, negative surprises or major unmet expectations there.

And yes, that Ziga Zaga Spring/early Summar band was almost completely talent-free. And loud. I hope that they have gone by now.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 11:02 pm

I stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago for a couple of nights. It was a great stay in my opinion. I was booked into a grand deluxe by my company but as a Diamond was upgraded to the Club level. The club level lounge was pretty good. Huge actually. They also had conference rooms you could use as a guest of the club level.

I happened to be there during their 20th anniversary celebrations and they had a big party in the lobby and had free flowing champagne and appetizers. Was great.

Would stay here again in a heartbeat!
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:43 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Staying here soon as a Diamond. Considered booking basic room and getting the Club King upgrade automatically as Diamond but opted to spend a bit more and go for the Grand King Suite. Has anyone stayed in this room? Any comments? Do you think they will upgrade me to a better suite as a diamond booking this one at the Grand King Suite rate?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA GS, NH Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist (formerly Courtesy Card sadly), Amanjunkie, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Wilbur
It was built atop the former Japanese prison camp, which is why the Taiwanese folks view it as something with a "ghostly quotient". There are paintings in the lobby, beside the elevators, which are intended to take the curse off it.
I can't believe this. Crazy!!
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:21 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Staying here next week using a Suite Upgrade cert. Are the showers walk-in or are they in the bathtub?
Old Oct 19, 2010, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Staying here next week using a Suite Upgrade cert. Are the showers walk-in or are they in the bathtub?
Separate bathtub and walk-in shower.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.