Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Taipei REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2008, 5:25 am

Programs: UA, CX, BR
Originally Posted by beacon88
Understand that Taipei has moved the bulk of the exhibition to the Nangang exhibition hall instead of using the World Trade Centre besides Hyatt Taipei.

Is the new exhibition hall far away from Grand Hyatt Taipei? Thx.
Not too close. Depending on traffic, maybe a 20-30-minute taxi ride (approx. NT$200). No subway connection yet.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 5:18 am

Programs: Korean Air, Lufthansa M&M, SPG ,United Mileage Plus
Grand King

I just made a booking in Grand King from Jan 2nd 2009 to jan 4th 2009. What should I expect for hotel quality, etc. I am a new Gold Passport Gold (entry level) Member. Which way is better to go, take the Hyatt points or Korean Air Miles? You can't double count, i assume?

Old Apr 5, 2008, 9:16 pm

Programs: *G (NZ SQ), MPC Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BIMMERKID2
I just made a booking in Grand King from Jan 2nd 2009 to jan 4th 2009. What should I expect for hotel quality, etc. I am a new Gold Passport Gold (entry level) Member. Which way is better to go, take the Hyatt points or Korean Air Miles? You can't double count, i assume?

GH is my favourite hotel in Taipei. Location is good, right next to 101, the MRT is only 5mins walk away (or take the free shuttle from 101 shopping centre) and there's a night market a short walk in the other direction.

Haven't stayed in a Grand King room but have stayed in a Grand Club King which I assume looks the same. Good size rooms (kind of like a mini suite) - ask for a high floor so you get a good view of the city.

Unfortunately you can't double count points but I'd personally take the Hyatt points and use them for upgrades later on
Old Apr 7, 2008, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by splatnz
.....the MRT is only 5mins walk away (or take the free shuttle from 101 shopping centre)............
You must walk awfully fast.
Old Apr 8, 2008, 8:05 pm

Agree, it's a solid 10-15 minute walk even if you walk fast...

Grand Club King rooms vs. Grand King rooms

1) Club rooms are located on higher floors (I think something like 20~25?).
2) Club rooms have free internet access (wired and WiFi in Club and public areas)
3) Club rooms have slightly better amenities, but not a big upgrade really
4) Club rooms have LCD TV + DVD player
5) Size of the rooms are identical (Grand Club King vs. Grand King)

I don't think Splatnz stayed at a Grand Club room from his descriptions... He must have been upgraded to the Executive room, which is sort of like a junior suite.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 12:33 am

Programs: AA Plat; HH Gold; Marriott Silver; UCLA Fan
Just completed a 5-nt stay at the Grand Hyatt Taipei. As a Gold, we were put in a newly renovated room the 29th floor. Nice room with many amenities and good service. Beautiful lobby. Across the street from the Taipei 101, (the world's tallest building--for now) which has a great food court on the lowest level and upscale shopping on the next 5 levels. Very nice breakfast buffet (about $25) and dinner buffet (about $40). Lobby is beautiful. Adjacent to World Trade Center and the convention center. A 10-15 minute walk to the terrific subway system, which gets you anywhere in Taipei quickly and cheaply. I would definitely book here again if I ever return to Taipei.
Old Aug 2, 2008, 6:50 pm

Programs: BA/A3 Gold/SPG Plat
Originally Posted by srk123
Just completed a 5-nt stay at the Grand Hyatt Taipei. As a Gold, we were put in a newly renovated room the 29th floor. Nice room with many amenities and good service. Beautiful lobby. Across the street from the Taipei 101, (the world's tallest building--for now) which has a great food court on the lowest level and upscale shopping on the next 5 levels. Very nice breakfast buffet (about $25) and dinner buffet (about $40). Lobby is beautiful. Adjacent to World Trade Center and the convention center. A 10-15 minute walk to the terrific subway system, which gets you anywhere in Taipei quickly and cheaply. I would definitely book here again if I ever return to Taipei.
Just for your information, Grand Hyatt Taipei is just a 25-story building.

Grand King /Twin located from 5 to 14 floor
Grand Deluxe King /Twin located from 15 to 19 floor (renovated on 2006?)
Grand Club Room located from 20 to 24 floor, Lounge located at 22 floor
Premier Suites (Premier/Ambassador/Diplomatic/Presidental Suite) located at 25 floor

Old Sep 25, 2008, 11:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Have all rooms been renovated now? or are there still rooms that are newly renovated vs older versions?

Also has the fitness center been moved? It seems to be in some old guest rooms?

Last edited by SkyTeam777; Sep 25, 2008 at 11:17 pm
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:14 am

The rates are getting higher these days at the GH Taipei. Trying to book for the 2nd week of October, around 7th Oct, and the rate is more than USD 250. Used to pay much lesser....
Old Sep 28, 2008, 9:07 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, QF/HH/TG/SQ GOLD
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Have all rooms been renovated now? or are there still rooms that are newly renovated vs older versions?

Also has the fitness center been moved? It seems to be in some old guest rooms?
I was in GH TPE las week.The club room seems been renovated.I have no idea about none club level room.The fitness center are located at level 6,very small I think used to be guest rooms.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 8:44 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat/Oneworld Sapphire
I'm new to the Hyatt program, but got matched diamond based on my Hilton status. Do they routinely upgrade diamonds to the Club Level with Lounge access at this hotel? I noticed in the T&Cs that lounge access is only available at US & Canadian hotels.
Old Oct 2, 2008, 9:09 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by missdona
I'm new to the Hyatt program, but got matched diamond based on my Hilton status. Do they routinely upgrade diamonds to the Club Level with Lounge access at this hotel? I noticed in the T&Cs that lounge access is only available at US & Canadian hotels.
To be precise with the T&Cs - lounge access is guaranteed for Diamonds at domestic hotels (that are not resorts) even if upgrade to the RC level room is not available. At international (and resort) properties, a Diamond will get upgrade to RC if a room is available on the club floor. However, some properties will give you RC access anyways even if a club floor room isn't available. Some properties however may play games and not upgrade you even if the upgrade to RC level room is available.
Old Oct 7, 2008, 7:11 pm

FWIW, in the 5 or so times I've stayed at this hotel I've always gotton Club access at this hotel even when not put on the GC floor, although I've only had a couple stays since the Int'l rule change.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 6:47 am

Same here. Always given the Grand Club access, even on non-club floors. Stayed at this hotel about 6 times a year.
Old Nov 23, 2008, 8:29 pm

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
Club Access and Free Parking for Guest/Visitor

Originally Posted by MattTaiwan
Just for your information, Grand Hyatt Taipei is just a 25-story building.

Grand King /Twin located from 5 to 14 floor
Grand Deluxe King /Twin located from 15 to 19 floor (renovated on 2006?)
Grand Club Room located from 20 to 24 floor, Lounge located at 22 floor
Premier Suites (Premier/Ambassador/Diplomatic/Presidental Suite) located at 25 floor

Top floor 25th has uniformed hotel attendant near the elevator.. When I stayed ~70 nights in 2005, was upgraded to 25th floor suite, and I was given all the free liquor I want in the minibar. It came in handy when I took a bunch of them to a friend's KTV party.

Originally Posted by missdona
If you don't get Grand Club room, remember to ask for club access.
BTW - G.Hyatt Taipei has free parking for staying guest (that can be used for friends visiting you, just validate the parking stub with concierge desk)... so you can have business meetings or friends meet up at the hotel or at Taipei 101 (generally only 1 hour free parking based on shopping/dining receipt), but park multiple hours at G.Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.