Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: bhrubin
I have an upcoming stay and read the entire thread. I saw some common themes, and thought it would be useful to start a wiki. Please feel free to update or correct anything. I haven't stayed here, so the information is based on the contents of the thread:

- Diamond Suite Upgrades are NOT available at this property.
- Diamond members receive a complimentary full breakfast for up to 4 guests.
- The beds are very firm platform beds. I saw a few posts where a foam pad for the top of the bed was requested.
- Docked cruise ships that may obstruct the view from the Harbour view rooms.
- The hotel is 4 stories.

The concierge desk offers a weekly tour of the Rocks on Saturday.

Link that shows when cruise ships will be docked opposite the hotel:
https://www.portauthoritynsw.com.au/...ruise-schedule

Room Types and Floorplans:
https://www.scribd.com/document/3404...t-Sydney-Rooms

Expert Review posted in Luxury Forum: http://www.flyertalk.com/hotel-reviews/r-wonderful-park-hyatt-sydney-stay-and-city-harbor-view-with-a-few-caveats-1943
Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Sydney (Post-Reno) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2016, 10:44 am

Thanks for the answers. I guess my options are to use the two nights for two rooms plus points or use those nights somewhere else...
Old Dec 6, 2016, 5:55 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Having stayed here several times in delux rooms I would say 3 is a limit. The rooms are not gigantic. The one time we used a roll away for a friend it was promptly removed in the morning while we were at breakfast and returned at turndown so that one could actually move around the room.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Happy
the usual desk is replaced with a dining table in this stupidly designed hotel.
So interesting. I LOVED the design of these rooms, especially the dining table/desk set-up. I remember thinking, "I wish more Hyatt properties did this."

It's awfully hard to please all of the people, all of the time.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 8:35 pm

Programs: MAR AMB, WOH Explorist, AA EXP, UA 2P
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
So interesting. I LOVED the design of these rooms, especially the dining table/desk set-up. I remember thinking, "I wish more Hyatt properties did this."

It's awfully hard to please all of the people, all of the time.
Stayed in a deluxe opera view room just a few weeks ago - the room was huge and I also loved it! How anyone could dislike this hotel mystifies me.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 1:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
I'm trying to figure out too why someone would think you couldn't fit 3 in a deluxe room either... it was certainly palatial...
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The question was for 4 in one room, and the answer was that 3 is the max in a deluxe room....

And while the rooms are pretty big, they are also full of furniture....
Old Dec 7, 2016, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by penegal
The Park King room category is not normally offered for sale to the general public. It is available as an award, and to corporate and industry guests on negotiated rates only. If the hotel is heavily sold, I believe they may sell the Park King category on the website, but I don't follow it that closely. m0hamed may know.

As a guest at this hotel, that is a good thing. The Park King room category has the "least desirable" views.

If you stay here, you should be prepared to ask for a "Harbour View" or an "Opera View".

FWIW, if you stay here, your question should be "city & harbour view or opera view"
I actually see the Park King available for booking.

Also, anyone recently requested the Welcome Amenity (F&B) instead of the 1,000 points? What was it they got?
Old Dec 7, 2016, 11:51 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I actually see the Park King available for booking.

Also, anyone recently requested the Welcome Amenity (F&B) instead of the 1,000 points? What was it they got?
Points or cash?

The Park Kings overlook Hickson road and a concrete wall that supports the Sydney Harbour Bridge. They rarely occupy them except when at 100% like NYE and Mardi Gras etc.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:08 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by m0hamed
Points or cash?

The Park Kings overlook Hickson road and a concrete wall that supports the Sydney Harbour Bridge. They rarely occupy them except when at 100% like NYE and Mardi Gras etc.
We got given that room once.....AWFUL!!!
Old Dec 8, 2016, 1:07 pm

There are also a few terrible rooms that have a big stupid tree in front of them that blocks all the view from the rooms.
Why on earth this hotel doesn't get rid of that stupid tree is beyond me.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:11 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by agjil
There are also a few terrible rooms that have a big stupid tree in front of them that blocks all the view from the rooms.
Why on earth this hotel doesn't get rid of that stupid tree is beyond me.
Because in this city we respect the environment.

Before the Premium villas on the roof were built the top two suites had their view slightly obstructed by the tree. Many a celebrity demanded they cut it down or trim it.

It's never going to happen.

http://www.cityofsydney.nsw.gov.au/l.../tree-policies
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:41 pm

I'm totally fine with respecting and protecting the environment.
However my problem is that these rooms with the tree in front of them are being sold for lots of money (it is PH Sydney after all), and no one pays that much money for a room expecting a big tree blocking most of the view out the window, especially the ones on the 2nd and 3rd floor.
If PH Sydney is not going to do anything about the tree, they should just not sell the tree-view rooms at all.
The tree-view rooms are even worse than the rooms that face Hickson road.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 2:44 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Two adults and two children (ages 4 and 6) means I have to get two rooms?
Old Dec 8, 2016, 3:55 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
It wasn't the tree that upset us....it was the fact that it was the ONLY room we have encounter in this hotel that hadn't been upgraded/refurbished. Absolutely awful! A bottle of champagne did not make me see this room in a rosier light
Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Points or cash?

Cash, week after Christmas. Yikes, that's when I'll be there. Using Points for my stay... Diamond... really hoping I don't get one of those rooms...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.