Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:30 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
Originally Posted by Kacee
But others will be happier in the 1st with a glitzier property and more formal service.
The postal code for Park Hyatt is 75002
Old Apr 29, 2023, 1:56 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by francophile
The postal code for Park Hyatt is 75002
It's literally 50 feet outside the the 1st and certainly feels like the 1st.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 7:21 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by billyhoho
Thank you guys for the thoughts, I guess PHV for our first time it is!
You can’t really go wrong with arguably the best Hyatt property in Paris, when it comes to luxury and attentive service!

That’s where I stay whenever my wife is with me in Paris, and I stay at the less expensive and more convenient (for me and my work) Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile whenever I am in town solo.
billyhoho likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 7:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by Kacee
It's literally 50 feet outside the the 1st and certainly feels like the 1st.
It’s right on the Place Vendome with all the fancy jewelry stores and Charvet, my favorite place for ties (even though I hardly ever wear one anymore these days)
Old Apr 30, 2023, 12:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by sapguy
It’s right on the Place Vendome with all the fancy jewelry stores and Charvet, my favorite place for ties (even though I hardly ever wear one anymore these days)
The Bulgari one at the corner of rue de la Paix and Place Vendôme so 50m from PHV (in the not so far 1er arrondissement ) was robed yesterday by 3 armed men on motorbikes…
Old May 2, 2023, 5:51 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Connecting suites

We have a stay next month. Party of 5: 2 adults 3 kids. Kids are 9, 14 and 16. I am courtesy card, wife is lifetime globalist. We have reserved 2 standard suites (through confirmed suite upgrades) booked a long time ago.

The 2 suites do not connect as I understand it. In the end, that’s workable, if not super romantic for Mom and Dad in Paris (one parent stays with one kids and the other with 2 kids). Anyone have advice about connectors here? I was thinking of politely asking the hotel if they would be willing to allocate one larger suite connecting to one standard room. In the end, happy to also pay cash upgrade charges if resulting in a materially better outcome (i.e., larger suite to standard suite). Frankly, I could use the spend to maintain courtesy card.

Any advice here about what to be asking for - which connector would be best for our party size and composition? Thank you.
Old May 2, 2023, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thesilb
We have a stay next month. Party of 5: 2 adults 3 kids. Kids are 9, 14 and 16. I am courtesy card, wife is lifetime globalist. We have reserved 2 standard suites (through confirmed suite upgrades) booked a long time ago.

The 2 suites do not connect as I understand it. In the end, that’s workable, if not super romantic for Mom and Dad in Paris (one parent stays with one kids and the other with 2 kids). Anyone have advice about connectors here? I was thinking of politely asking the hotel if they would be willing to allocate one larger suite connecting to one standard room. In the end, happy to also pay cash upgrade charges if resulting in a materially better outcome (i.e., larger suite to standard suite). Frankly, I could use the spend to maintain courtesy card.

Any advice here about what to be asking for - which connector would be best for our party size and composition? Thank you.
Dealt with this last month due to a hotel move from HdL (still need to write up my recap!)

Had 2 adults + 2 kids - on the 2nd floor they had a very nice Deluxe Suite + King Deluxe connecting combo. Worked for those kids (2 younger girls). Adding a 3rd one complicates things a bit...not sure of their allowing of a rollaway bed, sure others can add more there.
Old May 2, 2023, 1:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Gold, BA Gold
Frankly, I could use the spend to maintain courtesy card.
Card awarded based on Hyatt spending?
Old May 2, 2023, 2:23 pm

I recommend that you email the hotel directly to explain your situation and your ask, and perhaps they can accommodate you? This hotel does offer outstanding service. With your status and your wife status, they should be able to accommodate your ask for connecting suites. They have been very accommodating and gracious to me during my many past stays.
Old May 2, 2023, 5:30 pm
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC

Most top suites have a connecting room specifically for children, nanny, domestic helper etc.

As above, get in contact and they will find a solution. The hotel service, IME, has always been outstanding.
Old May 2, 2023, 6:28 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire

Have a look at your options here:

Suites and connecting rooms

My personal recommendation: Ask them to put you in a Prestige Suite with a connecting room facing Rue de la Paix. Lower floor = higher ceiling.
Old May 3, 2023, 8:07 am

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
Thanks all! Getting in touch now. Will report back on how it sorts. Appreciate the replies!
Old May 3, 2023, 12:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
I just finished a week here. I am not sure what else needs to be said: this hotel is incredible, and remains a killer use of points even after the cat 8 devaluation. We were traveling with our infant son and the team went absolutely above and beyond: crib, changing station setup, baby shampoo and cleaner, even going so far as to get a bottle warmer and sterilizer. Truly outstanding service. And room service breakfast every day is hard to beat! As I said in a previous post, the concierge team is a particular strength.

As far as negatives go, housekeeping won't be winning any awards. It was not bad by any stretch--everything was perfectly clean, towels and sheets were replaced, etc. But the turndown in particular was bare minumum: the bed was refreshed and a bottle of water was placed bedside. No slipper setup, no bedside treats, nothing above and beyond. This is not a complaint but an observation as other luxury segment properties around the world do have these things.

I'll continue to return here.
Old May 4, 2023, 10:32 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Thanks all! Getting in touch now. Will report back on how it sorts. Appreciate the replies!
Keep us posted. I explored this on a recent trip in almost the exact same situation and while the upgrade fee was certainly less than the cost of booking the higher tier rooms directly, we decided the convenience of connecting rooms was not worth the extra $1500/night when they had our rooms right down the hall from each other.
Old May 4, 2023, 7:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat Prem, Hilton Diamond, Delta Diamond
Hi everyone! I'm planning our first time trip to Paris next year (April Spring break) - and have a question regarding the PH Paris.

We are a family of 4: me and my wife, grandma and a 6 year old girl. Is there any way to book just one room instead of two (to save money)?

I looked at their website - 40k for standard room and 60k points for a king suite. Would the King suite work (basically we sleep with the child on King bed and grandma on a rollaway bed)? Would this still be a good use of 60k points? (cash rate is close to $2000)

Thank you so much for your advice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.