Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: Hyatt diamond
Originally Posted by jibi
We barely smelled the faintest scent of smoke in our first 3 nights... then we felt like we had someone smoking in the room with us on our 4th night. It was absolutely disgusting. My wife is also sensitive to smoke and she had a number of issues following that incident. It was our last night and we decided not to worry about moving to a different room, but there's no excuse if the intake is the issue. That is a health hazard!
I hope all of you, regardless of whether you smelled "the faintest scent of smoke" or it happened only on "your last night", have taken the time to report it to management.
It is best to report it in person while you are staying at the hotel and to follow up with an email.
This is a problem that is not taken seriously by management unless more of us take our complaints all the way to the top.
It doesn't matter to me that this property has been rated as a "Palace", that it is well located, that the breakfast is outstanding and so on...
A non-smoking room is a room that should not have "the faintest scent of smoke", period.
Old Aug 13, 2014, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Inexpensive yet very enjoyable restaurant not too far away -- but hard to get a booking at:

Frenchie http://www.frenchie-restaurant.com/en

Whoops, I see it's being renovated and won't re-open until September 1.
C'est bien. We arrive 9/21. Frenchie to Go looks great.

Originally Posted by GH83
Another fantastic option (if you can snag a reservation) is Septime. Had the best lunch of my life here.

http://www.septime-charonne.fr/
This looks to be in Marais?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 2:53 am

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Just checked out after 4 nights. Remarkable stay and great centralized location and easy metro (Opera) access. Better stay, overall, than PH Milan. Milan location simply can't be beat, tho. Breakfast dominated here at Vendome. WOW.

La fayette Gallery only a 10min walk.

Olivier (waiter) was great every morning for breakfast.

The blonde hostess was stunning

Ate dinner twice at Au fil des saisons. Well worth the trip over (also great for gluten free) by taking M3 to Temple or Arts et Meitiers. Open Tue-Sat. Get the raviolis. Trust me.

Can't recommend the museum pass enough. Saved us an hour at d'Orsay. And lots of other time at other places not having to wait to buy tickets.

Used Uberx to/from CDG. €45 one way.

Lots of Chinese and Middle East stay here. Spending €€€€ for Dior, LV, Longchamp, etc...
Old Aug 20, 2014, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by philemer

This looks to be in Marais?
Indeed, not close, but it's worth the trek.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
Originally Posted by mrredskin

Can't recommend the museum pass enough. Saved us an hour at d'Orsay. And lots of other time at other places not having to wait to buy tickets.
Lots of Chinese and Middle East stay here. Spending €€€€ for Dior, LV, Longchamp, etc...
Currently here. Second the museum pass. Not sure why everyone doesn't get it. Walked into the louvre at 10am after a 3 minute wait. The regular ticket line wound all the way out of the plaza! Same with d'orsay and rodin

Breakfast was phenomenal.

I noticed more Japanese than anyone else. They must of thought this american english speaking asian was rather unusual
Old Aug 20, 2014, 10:28 am

Where do you purchase the museum pass?
Old Aug 20, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by op487062
You can order it here and have it sent to you before your trip:

http://en.parismuseumpass.com/

I used it in Paris last year and it was a huge benefit. You can also get it in Paris, but I did the mailing option.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by op487062
We bought from the concierge.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Wan1dap
We bought from the concierge.
There are diff. museum passes. Which one did you buy from the concierge? How many days & cost? Thanks much.

Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: SQ TPPS, EK Gold, IHG RA, Marriott Gold Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, UA Premier Gold, TG Silver
Originally Posted by philemer
There are diff. museum passes. Which one did you buy from the concierge? How many days & cost? Thanks much.

The two-day one. I don't remember the cost, but they only charge the public rate, no hotel loading.
Old Aug 31, 2014, 12:25 pm

We stayed at Park Hyatt Vendome in mid August using the Chase 2 free nights. When I tried to make a reservation back in June only Hyatt Madeline was available. I checked frequently but nothing was available at Vendome until about one week before our stay. I immediately called Hyatt to switch our 2 nights from Madeline to Vendome.

We checked in at around 4pm but the room wasn't ready, and had to wait about half an hour. This was strange since the standard check in time should be 3pm. And the front desk wasn't too helpful... Anyway, after a 30-min wait we were given a deluxe room on the 5th floor facing Rue de la Paix, instead of facing the courtyard. The room was really nice.

There are a lot of restaurants near Place du Marché Saint-Honoré, which is a short walk from the hotel. There is also a Vélib station across the street from the hotel. ( Vélib is the bike share program in Paris.) I've been to Paris a couple of times but never tried biking there. Riding a bike around the city is a surprisingly pleasant experience.
Old Sep 7, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just booked my 2 free Chase nights here at the end of a trip to Europe in October. Can't wait! Also booked 2 nights at the Andaz Amsterdam on UR points.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 7:06 am

In house right now, past 3PM, Diamond. Have been waiting for over two hours. Not very happy.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:39 am

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kat007
In house right now, past 3PM, Diamond. Have been waiting for over two hours. Not very happy.
paid or points ?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: AA Plat / UA NOTHING / Alaska 75K / Hyatt Diamond / SPG LT Plat / Marriott Gold / Priority Club Plat / Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by edgewood49
paid or points ?
Shouldn't matter.

They've always had good service recovery so hopefully we'll hear about that as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.