Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 5, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: skj
I'm making this thread a wiki since there are issues that keep getting repeated (breakfast and transportation from/to CDG). Feel free to add whatever you feel is important - stick to facts of please and not one off exceptions (eg if you get an upgrade to the Presidential Suite on an award stay without any status - that's definitely a one off that doesn't belong in the WIKI - obviously you can do a regular post on it).

Public transport to the hotel from CDG

The best option is to take the Roissy bus to Opera. From there, the hotel is about a 5 minute walk.

The next best option is to take RER B to Chatelet-Les Halles. All trains from Roissy/CDG head south into Paris so no worries there. Some go express all the way into Paris (Gare du Nord, so Chatelet-Les Halles is the second stop); others are locals, in which case there are a lot of stops; some are half-express, half-local ... but all stop at Chatelet-Les Halles; and there is no point waiting for an express because it is rare if ever that an express will overtake a local. So get on whatever comes first. At Chatelet-Les Halles, transfer to RER A for one stop to Auber (which is joined to Opera station). You will be heading westbound, toward the termini St. Germain-en-Laye/Poissy/Cergny. You have to go up the stairs and back down for the Auber-bound train. Do not race across the platform for the RER B because that will be heading eastbound, to Gare de Lyon, Nation, Vincennes (and, depending on which one you get on, eventually Eurodisney!) The walk from the Auber exit closest to the RER stop takes about 10 minutes.

Public transport to the hotel from Orly

Take the Orlyval train to its end at Antony, then switch to RER B to Chatelet-Les-Halles and continue as above. In this case you can just cross the platform from the RER B to get the RER A headed to Auber.

Breakfast

The breakfast at Cafe Jeanne is free for Globalist members but is 40-50 euros per person otherwise. A modified but still very good version of this buffet breakfast is also available in the room and is also free for Globalists. Tips are not covered but then again the theory in France is that the service charge is in the price.

Museum tickets & pass from the concierge

You can buy "skip the line" tickets to the Louvre or Orsay for 18€ each, which is higher than the regular tickets via the Louvre & Orsay websites. But being able to "skip the line" obviously adds some value. They will also sell you the two day Paris Museum Pass for 55€. That is a 7€ markup.

Phone/data recommendations:
Lebara worked really well for me. What you need to do:
• You must unlock your phone (you can do this for free online with ATT through their website if you are out of contract)
• Order free SIM card at Lebara.fr a few weeks before your trip. I don’t think it took more than 2 weeks for my SIM card to arrive
• Activate SIM card at https://www.lebara.fr/activate-sim-detail?isoCode=en_GB or search “activate SIM” at Lebara.fr
• Load your SIM card with what you need. I paid 10 euro for 3G of data, unlimited SMS and local calls for 10 days (this should be plenty for most tourists)
LeFrench Mobile did not work so well for me: I paid 20-30 euro for local and international calls for my sister but was only able to make local calls and SMS

restaurant recommendations:
Nearby:
(We're here on 1 Oct 2021 and it appears this restaurant is closed permanently ...) Le Cap Bourbon- good, inexpensive, our server was nice and attentive (by French standards), great local crowd, menu has English translation
We ate a local Thai restaurant - Yo - its about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and very busy. I had a guinea fowl green curry - a first for me. Very good food and friendly service.

Other:
L'Avant Comptoir is a wine bar with great,relatively cheap eats and a great atmosphere and friendly, English-speaking staff. Standing room only and tight.

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Paris-Vendôme REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (Aug 2011 onward)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVP Gold, TK *Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Paris - Park Vendome - REVIEWS - MASTER THREAD - 8/2011 Forwards

I thought abt that but isn't it 3 night min to get a suite in points?
Old Dec 29, 2013, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by Duffman
I thought abt that but isn't it 3 night min to get a suite in points?
Yes, you're absolutely right. My mistake. Sorry about that.

You could contact the hotel and enquire about a paid upgrade, I think it would be around €290, which is a bit steep, or gamble on the 3rd night, but we really hate changing rooms. They'll probably let you keep the suite if it is available, but the hotel is likely to be full in May.
Old Dec 29, 2013, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/ IGH Ambassador
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
Yes, you're absolutely right. My mistake. Sorry about that.

You could contact the hotel and enquire about a paid upgrade, I think it would be around €290, which is a bit steep, or gamble on the 3rd night, but we really hate changing rooms. They'll probably let you keep the suite if it is available, but the hotel is likely to be full in May.
would suggest you call the Diamond Desk or PLT desk calling the hotel unless you speak French will bring mixed results especially when calling about using points
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:07 pm

Someone cancelled a reservation, or rooms opened up, because I was able to book 5 nights on a combination of points and award nights. Previously we were booked at the Hotel du Louvre, because PHV wasn't available. Now it is and it's booked. I'm soooo excited about it.

Just making sure, there aren't any taxes or resort fees when staying at this property with points/award stays, correct? I've read a few things on it, but it seems it varies property to property.

Can't wait...
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:24 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Bigserver1
Someone cancelled a reservation, or rooms opened up, because I was able to book 5 nights on a combination of points and award nights. Previously we were booked at the Hotel du Louvre, because PHV wasn't available. Now it is and it's booked. I'm soooo excited about it.

Just making sure, there aren't any taxes or resort fees when staying at this property with points/award stays, correct? I've read a few things on it, but it seems it varies property to property.

Can't wait...
Congratulations. I've never paid taxes or fees on an award stay here.

Slightly OT, your experience reflects a pattern I've observed here - though "past performance is no guarantee..." - and is why I always encourage people to book the dates you can within the dates you want - with the hope that the "gaps" will open up closer-in. In my experience, they virtually always have - unless there is a big event at the same time that I didn't see coming. For the record, most of my experience in this regard has been with FFN redemptions - in case that made them a special case.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 2:46 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

No taxes at this property. Resort fees are not charged on any award stays at any resort. Some properties may have a small occupancy tax charged. The only significant reports of taxes charged are "luxury taxes" at some Indian properties a while ago (not sure if they are still charged).
Old Jan 4, 2014, 3:39 pm

Thanks guys! Will be our first time in Paris and I am so excited. Can't wait for March 31!
Old Jan 4, 2014, 5:36 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Thanks guys! Will be our first time in Paris and I am so excited. Can't wait for March 31!
Continue to be excited !! It's one of the greatest and most beautiful cities in the world! We don't speak more than a few words of French yet everyone in France has always been so friendly and most speak English, at least in areas frequented by tourists.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 6:59 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
I am visiting this property this weekend for the first time since 2009 and I was just wondering how diamond treatment may have changed? I remember I got the buffet and also was allowed to order almost anything else such as eggs benedict etc. It seems from looking at recent reviews, they will only offer the buffet now?
Also I received bottle of red and chocolates as the diamond amenity last time.. Do they ever give champagne now?
Any other things to take note of?
Old Jan 4, 2014, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by pogonation
I am visiting this property this weekend for the first time since 2009 and I was just wondering how diamond treatment may have changed? I remember I got the buffet and also was allowed to order almost anything else such as eggs benedict etc. It seems from looking at recent reviews, they will only offer the buffet now?
Also I received bottle of red and chocolates as the diamond amenity last time.. Do they ever give champagne now?
Any other things to take note of?
No real change other than when we were there the 15th the breakfast had been moved to the bar. Other than that your good to go! Enjoy
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:05 pm

Programs: BD*G, BAGold, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by edgewood49
No real change other than when we were there the 15th the breakfast had been moved to the bar. Other than that your good to go! Enjoy
Thanks, great to know that things haven't changed Looks like you were unlucky and stayed during the week which Les Orchidees was being renovated.. looks as though breakfast is back there now ^
Old Jan 4, 2014, 8:17 pm

Programs: US air -chairman, SPG-Plat, Hyatt - Dmnd, Hilton -Dmnd, Hertz - five star
well, when I was there in july, they offered me a half bottle of wine as welcome amenity. not sure why half a bottle, and I was slightly offended by that (reading the previous reviews here), so I asked for the manager and they agreed to sent a bottle of champagne. a full bottle, thankfully.
Old Jan 4, 2014, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by alexkgtu
well, when I was there in july, they offered me a half bottle of wine as welcome amenity. not sure why half a bottle, and I was slightly offended by that (reading the previous reviews here), so I asked for the manager and they agreed to sent a bottle of champagne. a full bottle, thankfully.
For me it would depend on the quality of the wine rather than the size of the bottle. I actually prefer red or white wine as an amenity, unless the Champagne is of very high quality.
Old Jan 5, 2014, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by pogonation
Thanks, great to know that things haven't changed Looks like you were unlucky and stayed during the week which Les Orchidees was being renovated.. looks as though breakfast is back there now ^
To which I could not understand with the work during the Christmas Holidays ? !

Never the less worked well for us.
Old Jan 6, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriot Plat, AA,UA,DLTA, SW CP, Starwood Gold, Priority Plat.
I was just wondering after reading on tripadvisor. It looks like they may offer platinum and diamond breakfast? Is that correct? I know it is not stated as part of hyatt rules, but wondering if they offered. Just booked a room for 2015 in order to get in on lower points.

thanks for any help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.