Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Possibilities(2) - 5k Bonus for 3 nights (30k Max) - 9/15-11/15/2011

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Possibilities(2) - 5k Bonus for 3 nights (30k Max) - 9/15-11/15/2011

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 7:12 am

"You Can't Ballyhoo a Funeral."

The immortal words of Charlie Finley apply here. He knew that baseball fans would not come to the park to see a bad team even if the sideshows were fun. Hyatt is hyping a dud, and most of the people who have commented here get it. The rest are still expecting Groucho's duck to arrive with FFN.

This Diamond just booked three nights in San Diego with Priceline, so take that. Would I have rather stayed at a Hyatt property? Sure, but for the difference in price, I'll get by. When I lose my status in March, the decision will be even easier.

Loyalty is an admirable quality, but it has to be reciprocal. Hyatt is shouting from the mountain tops that its business plan has changed. Get it?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 8:48 am

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
How much cheaper are you guys getting these priceline stays for?
Any examples or comparisons?
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:17 am

Location: Since the BoSox and ChiSox won it, now it is the Cubs turn to take the Series. Go Cubs Go!
Originally Posted by stallion114
Take a look at the bidding for travel or better bidding websites for Priceline & Hotwire info.

http://biddingfortravel.com/

http://www.betterbidding.com
Old Aug 26, 2011, 9:43 am
In Memorium

Programs: UA 1K-3.5MM; AA Exec. Plat.; Hyatt Diamond; Marriott Platinum
Long time Diamond Member here is very underwhelmed. I'd go out of my way to find a Hyatt, but now *wood and Marriott are wining out.

Sure, we'd all like a FFN, and absent something like that or a better promotion I am afraid Hyatt is going to loose lots of long term loyalists this year.

This may indeed be my last year as Diamond.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:08 am

It looks like I missed out the good old days.

When 2k/night was running in conjunction with the Southwest Promo for June, I thought that was great. I'm not super excited about my Hyatt experience so far but if there is a promotion somewhere like the WN promo, I might be satisfied.

Hey, maybe around the first quarter of last year like early 2010. Maybe...Hopefully......but doubtful
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:21 am

Record me in the disappointed category as well. Realistically, most of us HGP members booked stays with Hyatt because of either the good elite level guest experience, the great point promos, or a combination of the two. I'm sure that most of us fall into the "combination of the two" group. So, that being said, how can they greatly reduce the point promos without greatly increasing the guest experience and expect the same level of loyalty? I guess they will find out.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by stallion114
People have reported things like the GH Kauai for $135 a night.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; Delta Platinum; Priority Club Platinum.
Luckily, in Chicago I have a number of cheap HP and SS properties I can stay in... I'm only 3 stays shy of making Diamond again... So, I'll make sure I get there... but, I won't be planning any extra stays.

Yawning -- just like everyone else!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 10:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chitownflyer
Take a look at the bidding for travel or better bidding websites for Priceline & Hotwire info.

http://biddingfortravel.com/

http://www.betterbidding.com
There is an even easier to use Priceline bidding info site that has been getting some recent press in case you haven't come across it yet:

http://www.biddingtraveler.com/

Rather than a message board interface, you can search by city for recent bids and there is even a mechanism for it to bid and rebid for you (even though I haven't tried that last feature yet).
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:18 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Hyatt, since it seems that you guys really do read most (or all) of these posts:

In 2009, you lured me to your program by running FFN. I made Plat without even knowing what that meant. I love it!

In 2010, you offered a FastTrack of Diamond status, which was awesome. I moved nearly all of my biz travel to your program, and loved it.

In 2011, my biz travel has all but evaporated. But I figured, hey, I can probably bridge a one-year gap with leisure travel and a few mattress runs especially if they run some nice promos. It'll be worth it, cause I really like the Diamond benefits. So now I'm 8 stays away from re-qualing, which I'll probably do, despite your lame promo.

But 2012? Who knows. I'm going to have a hard time justifying going for Diamond again if you just keep decreasing the perks (Gx bonuses, FFN).

Both Marriott and Starwood have run some form of FFN this year, while all you have done are points promos.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 12:30 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
As a Hyatt GP member for years and years and probably 10 years as Diamond I am totally underwhelmed. For me to book 3 nights at a UK Hyatt in London would be at least $750 - no thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Are you paying the rates out of your own pocket?

From reading the last few posts, it made it seem like most FF members pay their hotel stays with their own bucks. Hence the many discussions on priceline. Is this perception correct?

I was always under the impression that most folks here travel for a company or bill their client (with limits of course). I know some folks do pay their own way and they make it known here that they do. But I really doubt most people do.

About requalifying for Dia - if you just need a handful of stays or nights to requalify, I would do it. You will be kicking yourself if Hyatt decides to bring back FFN next year and you are a lowly nothing hence no diamond bonus or breakfast. My friend did not requalify for *wood when he had the chance in 2010 and he was regreting big time earlier this year when spg offered FFN.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; Aug 26, 2011 at 2:53 pm
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:50 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
*wood triple pts vs Hyatt promo

Now that spg have announced their fall promo - how does it compare to Hyatt's? I think I am more underwhelm with their promo than Hyatts - for spg - you need to encompass a Thursday or Sunday night for the triple - otherwise it is double.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Now that spg have announced their fall promo - how does it compare to Hyatt's? I think I am more underwhelm with their promo than Hyatts - for spg - you need to encompass a Thursday or Sunday night for the triple - otherwise it is double.
There is also a long list of excluded properties.
Old Aug 26, 2011, 3:53 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
From reading the last few posts, it made it seem like most FF members pay their hotel stays with their own bucks. Hence the many discussions on priceline. Is this perception correct?

I was always under the impression that most folks here travel for a company or bill their client (with limits of course). I know some folks do pay their own way and they make it known here that they do. But I really doubt most people do

I pay for mine out of pocket. Spend over $20k per year on hotels.

It is a common false assumption on FT that everyone here is on an expense account and/or only people on expense accounts pay for premium travel (off the topic at hand but along the same lines)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.