Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2013, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: razflyer
Best Weather
http://www.holiday-weather.com/maldives/

High season/low season
High season: December to April
Staying for free
30,000 Hyatt points per night (Cat 7)
This is a “Suite Award Ineligible Property" and a free upgrade is unlikely unless you are a Globalist and the resort has low occupancy.

Paid Upgrades For October 2021
Pool Villa: $200++
Deluxe Pool Villa: $400++ (with direct view of beach, just 3 villas)
Water Villa: $500++
Ocean Pool Villa: $700++ (with small 6ft x 6ft plunge pool)
Two Bedroom Pool Villa: $1,000++

These rates fluctuate depending on high/low season.

Globalist Benefits
  • Complimentary upgrade to Park Pool Villa subject to availability.
  • Late checkout at 1600 hrs.subject to availability.
  • Breakfast: Order two main dishes off the menu along with water, juice and coffee. You also have access to the buffet which consists of breads, sweets, cheeses, cold cuts, cereals etc.
  • Sundowner- 1 free cocktail (from a limited cocktail menu) & canapes, daily between 5pm and 7pm (August 2016)
  • Complimentary Management cocktails on Saturdays from 06:30 pm to 07:30 pm
  • 15% off cocktails and wine (by the glass)
Excursion and Diving Costs
January 2022: See https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/33815708-post4161.html
Also see https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldives.com/ under 'Experiences' and 'Diving'

Tip: Pre-book diving activities online before arrival for 10% discount (May not be applicable anymore).
Tip: Boat 2-tank day will have to be on day following Orientation Dive (required by law for all divers. Typically done the first full day at 10am; a short in-water abilities test followed by a tank dive on the house reef.)

Spa Menu and Costs

Free Stuff
Snorkle gear for duration of your stay (masks, snorkel & fins)
Use of glass-bottomed kayaks
Back-of-the-house tour
Yoga several days a week

Dining Menu and Costs
Menus (click on specific restaurant, packages under "The Dining Room"): https://www.experienceparkhyattmaldi...t-in-maldives/
Breakfast (current as of Jan. 2022): for those who do not have status/do not have breakfast included in their rate, the options are a la carte items at ~$12-$20 apiece, and juices at ~$6-$8. Or you can order the buffet for $40, which includes two a-la-carte items, the buffet, and drinks.

Transfers and Costs
Domestic flights are operated by Maldivian Air and waiting times may vary from a minimum of 1 hour to a maximum of 4 hours.
The shortest flight from Male Domestic terminal to Kooddoo Domestic Airport is ~55 minutes and the longest flight takes ~1 hour 45 minutes due to a ‘stop over’ in Kadhdhoo Domestic Airport.

A scenic and short speedboat journey of approximately 30-40 minutes (weather dependent) will follow as the final stretch of the journey to our island.
Any last minute name changes on domestic flight ticket are subject to a fee levied by the Maldivian Air. All such changes will be charged at the rate of USD 100 net per person.The exact flight timings are released two days before departure, but tend to be around these times:
  • Arrivals (Departure from MLE) : 10:30-11:00, 12:00, 13:40, 17:30hrs and last flight at 23:30
  • Departures (Departure from Kooddoo) : 0545hrs, 0800hrs, 1130hrs, 1530hrs and last departure at 1830hrs
Cost (Jan 2021): USD $520 round-trip/adult, $475/child, $175/infant - paid before you arrive via cc authorization form

Luggage restriction
Transfer prices include the baggage allowance of 32 kg per passenger (20 kg is the domestic airline allowance and 12 kg will be covered by The Resort as a courtesy service) and hand luggage of 5 kg per passenger. Excess baggage will be charged and is subject to space availability and terms and conditions of the Air Carrier.

Map of the resort
Best Villas
Water villas: Generally the higher number the better. #51 is the most private
How to save money during stay
Have late breakfast (breakfast is free for all guests except if you are redeeming points), skip lunch, and only pay for dinner
The Saturday free cocktail social (manager's reception) is at 6:30pm
Bring family?
This resort is not orientated for children. No kids club, pool is not suitable for young kids, and you will need to pay the transfers for each child, and plenty of PDA.
That said, some families have loved their experience here. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...hadahaa-review. If you bring children the Hyatt does provide sitting service for $20/hour.

Also note that the resort charges $250 per child age 3 and up per night (even if the child does not require an extra bed). Only kids 2 and under are free. http://travelsort.com/blog/park-hyat...a-bed-fee-ever
Wifi
As at January 2022, the resort's wifi speed is 10-12Mbps.
Tipping
The management views employees as each part of a team, with no one more important to the hotel's success. No one wants to order room service if the groundskeeper or housekeeper has not created an inviting place to enjoy it for instance. So employees share equally the 10% service charge added into everything, including the room charge. Tipping beyond that is not necessary, but at your discretion. Unlike the service charge which is shared with all employees on the entire property, if you choose to add additional gratuity to the bill for a meal or an activity, that money is shared amongst employees of the department responsible for that meal or service (e.g. additional gratuity on a dive center bill will be shared amongst those employees, while additional gratuity on a Dining Room bill will be shared amongst the food service employees). Employees are also allowed to keep cash tips that they receive directly. Employees are rewarded with trips and other gifts when their outstanding service is brought to management's attention. A great way to reward a good employee is by letter to management.
See this post which provides more details http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22508516-post1525.html
Ipad App
There is an Ipad in each room that has an app with a lot of useful / interesting information. If you have an Ipad, you can search & download the app for: Park Hyatt Maldives Hadahaa. It doesn't work on an iPhone due to the page size. Some info may be out of date or missing, so check with the resort.
Property Email
Park Hyatt versus other Maldives resorts

Print Wikipost

Park Hyatt Maldives REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2021, 6:59 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Spotted the construction progress of the Presidential Villa in the background of someone's Instagram photo a couple days ago (under search of #parkhyattmaldiveshadahaa)
looks like it's coming along nicely.
Hoping it's done so we can nab it for a night or two in a few months when we return.

Edit: also spotted it in a couple of Nik's (GM) Instagram vids.

Last edited by joecool1885; Jul 20, 2021 at 7:08 pm
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by joecool1885
Spotted the construction progress of the Presidential Villa in the background of someone's Instagram photo a couple days ago (under search of #parkhyattmaldiveshadahaa)
looks like it's coming along nicely.
Hoping it's done so we can nab it for a night or two in a few months when we return.

Edit: also spotted it in a couple of Nik's (GM) Instagram vids.
Yes it is. I can share some close up pics later. It is definitely Nik's top project right now and they're working around the clock on it. It will also have a private gym inside the villa.

The Japanese restaurant Drift will reopen on Aug 5 with full sake bar. Island Grill is currently closed due to low occupancy but you can order anything from the menu with one day advance notice.

Staff are all amazing here but Shahum, the host team lead, really made our stay memorable.

Last edited by invalyd; Jul 21, 2021 at 12:51 am
Old Jul 21, 2021, 2:04 am

Current progress for the villa. Estimated completion date is October. The glass is arriving from Germany this week.
Nik mentioned he expects it will be mostly occupied by larger groups since it has 3 bedrooms.
enelym1978 and joecool1885 like this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by invalyd

Current progress for the villa. Estimated completion date is October. The glass is arriving from Germany this week.
Nik mentioned he expects it will be mostly occupied by larger groups since it has 3 bedrooms.
Thanks so much!
Go figure that I'll be straddling the line (visiting late October), construction projects have a bad tendency of being delayed. Been itching to see and try a premium villa here, so I'll be on the edge of my seat until I know for sure one way or another.
Right now we're splitting 2 villas between 4 of us (1 couple, 2 singles), so this would be a good alternative to upgrade to.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:22 am

Right now we're splitting 2 villas between 4 of us (1 couple, 2 singles), so this would be a good alternative to upgrade to.
Sounds like that would be perfect setup for the villa. I'm crossing my fingers it's ready for your stay, so I can live vicariously

I really hope they don't just allocate it to Instagram influencers on comp stays, but I'd imagine it's being built as a strategic part of their revenue flow.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 3:38 am

Sounds like that would be perfect setup for the villa. I'm crossing my fingers it's ready for your stay, so I can live vicariously

I really hope they don't just allocate it to Instagram influencers on comp stays, but I'd imagine it's being built as a strategic part of their revenue flow.
Agreed. I think often they fill it up with influencers for the first month or two, then it becomes more normalized. The Muraka was 50K/night when it came out. Now it's down to 10K.
invalyd likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 5:45 pm

Do you know the extent of renovations at the resort? Read some comments that make it sound like this is not the only project going on. Are they renovating/adding new rooms too?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 8:14 pm

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
Dumb question from a noob: would this construction cause any obnoxious noise? Impact on sea life?
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by WasKnown
Dumb question from a noob: would this construction cause any obnoxious noise? Impact on sea life?
No, absolutely not. We were in the overwater villa right by it and didn't hear a peep. Workers are all friendly and polite.

The reef is very healthy and there was tons of fish right by the construction. Ruben, the resident marine biologist, is very particular about the reef and I am sure he is being consulted as they develop the villa.
WasKnown likes this.

Last edited by invalyd; Jul 21, 2021 at 11:40 pm
Old Jul 21, 2021, 11:32 pm

Do you know the extent of renovations at the resort? Read some comments that make it sound like this is not the only project going on. Are they renovating/adding new rooms too?
They are not adding any additional rooms, but fixing up a bunch of the other overwater villas. Seemed more like maintenance of the water support structure than any specific renovation. I did not see any of the beach villas being worked on during our stay.
joecool1885 and WasKnown like this.

Last edited by invalyd; Jul 21, 2021 at 11:41 pm
Old Jul 22, 2021, 8:14 am

Location: Manhattan, Palm Beach Island, San Francisco, Boston, & Hong Kong
Programs: Lifetime United Global Services, Delta Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador, & Hilton Diamond
No, absolutely not. We were in the overwater villa right by it and didn't hear a peep. Workers are all friendly and polite.

The reef is very healthy and there was tons of fish right by the construction. Ruben, the resident marine biologist, is very particular about the reef and I am sure he is being consulted as they develop the villa.
Perfect. Thank you!!!
Old Jul 22, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: DL PM, Hertz PC, HH Dia
Originally Posted by arjaok
Nope, Pool villa was complimentary. Overwater was, I believe 600/nt.

They will definitely not do free upgrades to anything beyond pool villas.
It's been several years now (before they had overwater pool villas or the 2 bedroom villas), but we were upgraded for the last 2 days of a 10 night stay on our honeymoon to an overwater villa from a base villa staying on points (having purchased AI package).

Was definitely a nice gesture as I was only Discoverist and although 10 days of AI was expensive, we really didn't spend that much on the stay otherwise.

Having stayed in both room types, I think on-land pool villa is the way to go. Overwater was quite hot and the reef is totally dead (or was in 2017) around the overwater pier.
Old Jul 22, 2021, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by WillSkiGT
Having stayed in both room types, I think on-land pool villa is the way to go. Overwater was quite hot and the reef is totally dead (or was in 2017) around the overwater pier.
There was a bleaching issue back around 2017. Reef is very much healthy now and there were thousands of fish, sharks, etc right outside our villa. That being said, there's benefits to both rooms. Beach villa have the private pools and outdoor shower, overwater have the nice balcony over the ocean and easy access to snorkeling. We enjoyed both. I would absolutely recommend a first time visitor to try both rooms.
Old Jul 24, 2021, 7:49 am

Quick question -- does this hotel do a mandatory Covid test prior to departure?
Old Jul 24, 2021, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
Quick question -- does this hotel do a mandatory Covid test prior to departure?
It's not mandatory, but they do offer it depending on where you are traveling. Cost is $155/pp.

The US accepts antigen tests now so it may be worth considering bringing some FDA approved self test kits if you are headed back stateside.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.