Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 1, 2013, 12:13 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: whitesol
HYATT GOLD PASSPORT® DIAMOND TRIAL
Terms and Conditions

To qualify for this promotion, member must contact Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service at 800.304.9288 or [email protected] between June 1, 2013, and April 30, 2014, reference Offer Code DMD14 and provide a statement with their account activity from a competitor. Upon enrollment, member will receive trial Diamond membership for 60 days. To maintain Diamond membership through February 2015, member must complete 12 eligible nights at any Hyatt worldwide within 60 days of enrollment. Member will also receive 1,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points on their first six (6) eligible nights within 60 days. Maximum 6,000 Hyatt Gold Passport bonus points may be earned. Diamond 30% point bonus will be awarded for all eligible stays during the 60-day trial membership period when member chooses points for their stay. If member completes the stay requirements they will receive a new membership card, valid through February 2015, within 3-4 weeks of qualifying. Membership benefits will be available when member provides their Hyatt Gold Passport number at time of reservation and check-in.

Limit one trial tier offer per member. Hyatt Gold Passport will track all eligible nights in which a Hyatt Gold Passport account number is provided. An eligible night is defined as a single night at any Hyatt in which an eligible rate is paid. For the purposes of this Promotion, an “Eligible Rate” shall be defined as any hotel published room rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on hyatt.com, the Hyatt Daily Rate, Volume Account Rates, AAA and Senior Citizen rates. “Ineligible Rates” are discounted rates, including, but not limited to, any free night stays, Third Party Internet Rates (examples include priceline.com, hotels.com, Expedia, and Travelocity), traditional wholesale rates (examples include GOGO Worldwide Vacations, Pleasant Holidays, etc.), airline crew rates, airline employee rates, travel agency employee rates, Club at the Hyatt discount certificate stays, Hyatt employee or employee family discount rates, airline interrupted-trip vouchers or contracted rooms (a contract room is a room that has been reserved pursuant to a written and executed agreement between a hotel and a corporation, government agency or individual for a negotiated room rate in exchange for an agreed upon number of rooms to be rented for an extended period of time). Back-to-back stays at a single Hyatt are considered one stay. Hyatt Gold Passport reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion at any time without notice.

The following are all the competitors and required status to qualify for the Diamond Trial Offer.

Hilton Honors- Gold VIP and Diamond
Marriott- Gold and Platinum
Starwood- Platinum
Priority Club (now IHG Rewards Club)-Platinum
Fairmont Hotel (one FT has had success)

Please note, the competitor statement must indicate your name, tier status and at least one stay in the last 12 months. Please email statement of your membership activity with a competitor to us for processing.

This promotion is subject to the complete Terms and Conditions of the Hyatt Gold Passport program. For complete program terms and conditions, visit goldpassport.com. Hyatt Hotels & Resorts® encompasses hotels managed, franchised or leased by subsidiaries and affiliates of Hyatt Hotels Corporation. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, HYATT house®, Hyatt Residence Club®, Hyatt Gold Passport®, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and its affiliates. ©2013 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

Important note on timeframe: You have 60 days from the start of the challenge to complete the 12 nights, regardless of what the expiration date is on the your account profile. You may still retain Diamond status until the end of the month in which your trial period ends.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Tier (Status) Matching (Challenge) Information - 11/10(ended 10/31/14)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2012, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: CX DM, SQ TPP, QF GO LIFE, OZ*G LIFE, Marriott TIT LIFE, WOH GLOBALIST LIFE, HH DM, BA GO LIFE
For those Diamond members that can requalify via stays or nights, GP will launch a challenge sometime in December - this is based on my conversation with GP representative today.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Can a Diamond challenge be made retroactively? I spent 5 nights in October and am starting to wish that I had taken on a challenge. If I request the challenge now and spend 7 nights in November, will that work, or do the nights all have to come after the official start of the challenge?

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2012, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by Deemus7
Can a Diamond challenge be made retroactively? I spent 5 nights in October and am starting to wish that I had taken on a challenge. If I request the challenge now and spend 7 nights in November, will that work, or do the nights all have to come after the official start of the challenge?

Thanks!
It never hurts to ask GP (shoot them an PM) but I don't think it's likely.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 2:41 pm

Programs: Delta Silver, United 2P, SQ, SPG Plat, PC Plat AMB, Hyatt Dia, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Emailed Hyatt/Marriott for status match/challenges as I am looking away from HH and PC.

Hyatt offered me 12 days in 60 days for diamond til end of Feb 2014. Marriott offered me a challenge of 9 stays through Dec 31st for Plat til end of Feb 2014.

Surprised Marriott was generous, as they shunned me years ago. What do you folks think? Time to give Hyatt a chance?

For more context, have about 30 HH stays and 55 IHG nights for the year. Enough to requalify for HH Diamond this year and IHG RA for next year (though likely need 5-10 more nights by next March at IHG).

Which challenge is better? Seems like Marriott is better, but long term maybe Hyatt a better choice as a third program?

I have a 2 night stay coming up, with no Marriott properties, so maybe a good way to get 2 nights out of the way. Thoughts?
This might seem obvious, but I note that the Marriott offer is a 9 STAYS while Hyatt is 12 nights.

Hyatt would seem the easier and with better properties, albeit fewer good ones in the US.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
12 nights in 60 days is difficult but more attainable than the onerous SPG stay requirements or Marriott 75 night requirements (Hilton is the best for those of us with fewer nights as you can achieve through total spend).

How does the timing work? If I commence on 15NOV but don't achieve 12 nights until 15JAN, is the status good through Feb 2014?

The 60 days is a little tight - I will have some nights in the end of November and probably in Feb. So maybe hold off until December but can't wait too long as my Marriott status will expire in January. Would be nice to have upgrades for Jan/Feb.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Boraxo
12 nights in 60 days is difficult but more attainable than the onerous SPG stay requirements or Marriott 75 night requirements (Hilton is the best for those of us with fewer nights as you can achieve through total spend).

How does the timing work? If I commence on 15NOV but don't achieve 12 nights until 15JAN, is the status good through Feb 2014?

The 60 days is a little tight - I will have some nights in the end of November and probably in Feb. So maybe hold off until December but can't wait too long as my Marriott status will expire in January. Would be nice to have upgrades for Jan/Feb.
This challenge is difficult IMO, but worth it. I chose this over the Marriott, but might do Marriott next year. I'm in the middle of my challenge (5 nights in), but still thinking about what I'll do next year as I'll have top with IHG (RA), Hilton (Diamond), and Hyatt (Diamond).
Old Nov 10, 2012, 9:37 am
Suspended

I've read that you get immediate status if you are granted a Diamond trial and that there is a difference between a trial and a challenge. Should I fail, is one granted another trial at a later date?

Also, when do the trials start -- can they be mid-month to mid-month, such as Mid April to Mid June?

Thanks,

NJ
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
I've read that you get immediate status if you are granted a Diamond trial and that there is a difference between a trial and a challenge. Should I fail, is one granted another trial at a later date?

Also, when do the trials start -- can they be mid-month to mid-month, such as Mid April to Mid June?

Thanks,

NJ
For me, the Diamond status started immediately, but the upgrade certs took ~36 hours to post to my account.

Also, it looks like your status will stay active past the 60 day trial - in my account it appears to be till the end of the month the trial ends in.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:53 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Just reached 12 nights, posted yesterday. Got an email saying I only need 6 more nights today, presumably this email was generated before my last 6 nights posted.

Will I get a diamond pack now? Email from CS?
Old Nov 20, 2012, 2:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm in a diamond trial right now - hoping to make it, but not sure.

If I do not make it, I'm wondering about reservations made while I still have Diamond status:
1. Can I book rooms for later in the year using suite upgrades, and will those still be valid even if I lose my status?
2. If I book rooms as a Diamond for later in the year, but I'm Platinum when the stay comes around, will I still get Diamond benefits (specifically Club Level access)?

Thanks.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold,Amex Cent,IC RA,HH Diamond,Marriott Gold,Hyatt Dia,LH FTL,CX Diam,FB Plat
Originally Posted by 380Flyer
For those Diamond members that can requalify via stays or nights, GP will launch a challenge sometime in December - this is based on my conversation with GP representative today.
did any one else hear about that?
Old Nov 21, 2012, 2:59 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat
I just joined the program, looking at moving a chunk of my nights from Marriott where I've been Platinum Premiere for 6 years. Emailed customer service, they responded within an hour, sent my Marriott details as proof and they said I'll be Diamond in 72 hours then need 12 nights in 60 days to keep it until February 2014. The nights shouldn't be a problem, might need to juggle some of my existing bookings around but looking forward to trying out Hyatt and, so far, very impressed with their responsiveness.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by ukchris
I just joined the program, looking at moving a chunk of my nights from Marriott where I've been Platinum Premiere for 6 years. Emailed customer service, they responded within an hour, sent my Marriott details as proof and they said I'll be Diamond in 72 hours then need 12 nights in 60 days to keep it until February 2014. The nights shouldn't be a problem, might need to juggle some of my existing bookings around but looking forward to trying out Hyatt and, so far, very impressed with their responsiveness.
Agree on the responsiveness.
Old Nov 22, 2012, 9:01 pm

Just got the email saying I made diamond after the challenge.
Old Nov 27, 2012, 7:13 am
swy

Programs: Greyhound Vermillion Mithril
would Hyatt let me do a (Platinum or Diamond) challenge if I didn't get my status through stays? I have HHonors Gold and SPG Gold from credit cards. I have >15 nights from hotels.com though (and a similar number of nights but spread around a few chains/programs).

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.