Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[HYATT NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask Your Questions Here (flame free)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Perhaps the best place to post your question would be in the Star Alliance Forum (it's unders Airline Alliances).
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US, Herta #1 Club Gold, Hilton HH Honors
Thanks Mary. I'll do that.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by peteropny
Ok - I've gotten clarification - the status will last through 2/2013 - so you'll get another set of suite upgrade certs in 3/2012. Apparently, they go by the date that the challenge is issued.
Thank you very much. Appreciated.
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriott Gold
Hi,

I am relatively new to flyertalk as well as a Platinum member via Hyatt CC for a few months, I have a few questions about things I have encountered while reading different posts on the forum.

1) What is a "mattress run?" (I'm assuming it's checking in and out without using the room)

2) How long do you have to wait between checking in and out only to check in again and receive 2 stays?

3) Other than getting a better rate than hyatt.com offers, is there another advantage to using a travel website (priceline,jetsetter) since those aren't GP eligible stays?

3) What is YMMV?

Just trying to get a handle on gaining more knowledge about GP. Thanks!
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:41 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by loulou8
Hi,

I am relatively new to flyertalk as well as a Platinum member via Hyatt CC for a few months, I have a few questions about things I have encountered while reading different posts on the forum.

1) What is a "mattress run?" (I'm assuming it's checking in and out without using the room)

2) How long do you have to wait between checking in and out only to check in again and receive 2 stays?

3) Other than getting a better rate than hyatt.com offers, is there another advantage to using a travel website (priceline,jetsetter) since those aren't GP eligible stays?

3) What is YMMV?

Welcome to Flyertalk and Hyatt Gold Passport
^

1)A "Mattress Run" is not the same as a "Phantom Stay" where one does not stay in the room overnight.Typically a Mattress Run its just staying as many nights or stays to achieve elite status or promotional credits still staying in within the terms and conditions of the program

2)24 hours typically

3) There is much to learn about booking with Hyatt as you mention besides Hyatt.com
There is Priceline and other third party sites. Price is usually the reason folks book away from Hyatt.com.There also Hyatt Stay Certificates and Weekend Certificates you may wish to learn about.There are threads here in this forum that can assist you in learning all these options.
It is important to remember that when booking reservations outside of Hyatts preferred booking channels stay credit and points/miles will not be earned during these stays.
Only eligible spending will earn points during these stays

4)YMMV =Your Mileage May Vary

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Nov 1, 2011 at 3:55 pm
Old Nov 1, 2011, 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by loulou8
Hi,

3) What is YMMV?

Welcome to FT and the Hyatt forum!

1. You're kind of correct. It's basically squeezing in some additional (preferably cheap) stays to help pad your stay/night count. Whether you stay or not is up to you.

2. As long as you don't have two consecutive nights at the same hotel, then you'll get 2 stays. For example, you could check into a hotel on Saturday, check out Sunday...then check back in on Monday. And that would be two stays.

3. You could always try to use Hyatt's Best Rate Guarantee program where they can price match a rate and beat it by 20%. If Hyatt accepts, then you get the 20% off plus GP stay credit.

4. YMMV is short for Your Mileage May Vary. It means your experience may not be the same as someone else's. For example....lets say you got upgraded to the Presidential Suite at a Hyatt. Not everyone gets upgraded to the Presidential Suite at that hotel so it's YMMV.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 12:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Marriott Gold
Thanks much for the explanations. Makes much more sense now. Glad you guys are willing to help.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Platinum
Resort Fees on nights paid with points?

Does anyone know if the hotel will charge resort fees or any taxes if you purchase the room using points?

I'm assuming other fees such as self and valet parking will cost extra.

Thank you.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 7:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
The hotels I've been to on points did not charge the resort fee.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:00 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Mary2e
The hotels I've been to on points did not charge the resort fee.
Hyatt's T&Cs call for waiver of Resort Fees on award stays.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 8:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
Hyatt's T&Cs call for waiver of Resort Fees on award stays.
Mary & Peteropny,
Thank you for the response. I'll be sure to have a copy of the T&C with me in the event that Front Desk decides to charge the resort fee.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
diamond suite upgrade for family member

my brother will stay 7 nights at park hyatt seoul, and he has no status with hyatt. I have 3 diamond suite upgrade left for this year, and I was wondering if he can use one of my diamond suite upgrade. Is this possible? if it is, what is the proper way to do it?
thanks for any advise.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:35 am

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
my brother will stay 7 nights at park hyatt seoul, and he has no status with hyatt. I have 3 diamond suite upgrade left for this year, and I was wondering if he can use one of my diamond suite upgrade. Is this possible? if it is, what is the proper way to do it?
thanks for any advise.
Officially (meaning according to rules), there is no way you can upgrade your brother's room. Meaning: one need to check-in or use & pay the room for the Diamond Benefit.

But this things is still possible if you put your name on the reservation, paid Hyatt's eligible rate (not priceline, etc) & hoping all things go well. However, such action does not guarantee your brother will not have a problem when check-in. At least, most likely, they will not check your ID until great details for the Diamond Benefit. Good luck
Old Nov 3, 2011, 8:36 am

Programs: UA, AA, LH, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz
Originally Posted by xuni4everx
thanks for any advise.
HaryoS is right regarding the official policy. My experience with extending diamond privileges to others is that it doesn't work if you are not a primary occupant of the room, i.e. the reservation is not in your name. I have joined my wife on several occasions when she reserved the room (work policy) and I was added to the reservation as a registered guest and we got the diamond benefits only after I showed my diamond card at check in. On a couple of occasions I was unable to be present at check in and she didn't get any of the benefits until I showed up later. Other times, my wife was added to my reservation and checked in without me (I joined later in the day or the next day) and everything worked as advertised. They still advised that I would have to stop by the front desk sometme before checkout so they can verify that the diamond benefits should have applied to the room. IME, this is especially strictly enforced at overseas properties and I don't think that what what was suggested above would work for your brother unless the room is in your name or you are present at check in.
Old Nov 4, 2011, 10:58 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Breakfast as a Diamond

Hello - can someone please help me clarify when Diamonds get breakfasts and how many?

If there is no Regency or Grand Club in the hotel, I understand that a Diamond member is given a full breakfast in the restaurant.

My question is: does this only apply to the Diamond member, or to all guests registered in teh room? For example, if I travel with my husband and daughter, are they entitled to the full breakfast too? Or is it just me because I am the diamond member?

I get conflicting answers to this question. Some hotels I stay in tell me it is only the diamond member, others readily give me coupons for all guests.

I'd love to know the "real" answer or the T&C of diamond breakfasts when there is no club.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.