Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can we get some more Park Hyatts please?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can we get some more Park Hyatts please?!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by FD1971
Better leave the rating to the professionals, who visit hundreds of properties a year...

As pointed out, Hyatt International hotels play in the highest category in every market and some PH simply offer a more subtle approach to luxury, less gold, less bling bling, smaller brand logos etc.

re the professionals: - as i rate a hotel as a guest and my experience at each property i would get a pretty good idea of the state of the hotel [ both service & product and not necess at the same time]....and if i consistently get bad experiences i would be long gone to another ptty before the advice of the professionals kick in to hyatt corp which then goes on to owners .........irregardless of stars

* i guess my filling up of guest satisfaction surveys do come in handy too

re blings and less gold paragraph : .....

i shall indeed look forward to Istanbul PH in a more enlightened way ditto my next stay at the PH vendome . THANK YOU

Last edited by bearbrick; Sep 11, 2010 at 9:12 pm
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
NONE of the hotels you have mentioned are actual 5 star/luxury properties, regardless of what "star ratings" you might personally assign to them.

I am a big fan of several of the better PH properties, but would never choose PH over other true luxury options in cities such as Hong Kong and Bangkok, even if PH properties were to be built- which IMO is quite unlikely to happen in the first place.

my reply was really in response to FD1971 post [as below] that the CDG roissy is the only 4 star in hyatt intl portfolio....and his ref to local ratings regulations - and hyatt may think they dont compete in the 4 star segment...

... but with the properties mentioned eg Xian and until recently aryaduta and tianjin ... whether they like it or not ..do...and i absolutely agree ...they are definately NOT 5 stars @:-) ....i guess thats why Tianjin is closed for a major redo

Originally Posted by FD1971 View Post
Sorry,

but Hyatt International does not compete in the four star plus segment

The only Hyatt International property that used to have four stars was the Regency CDG, but that was due to local rating regulations.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 9:11 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT

I am a big fan of several of the better PH properties, but would never choose PH over other true luxury options in cities such as Hong Kong and Bangkok, even if PH properties were to be built- which IMO is quite unlikely to happen in the first place.
I agree, the Hyatts in the cities you mention are beautiful, but for true luxury there are others and the smaller scale of the PHs means it is unlikely we will see them in these cities, there again, they did it in Tokyo and Shanghai. I am however, a great fan of the club floor system. I find I now constantly need a club floor in my travels, more for the use as a receptionist, sometimes as a travel agent, collecting messages and as a co ordinator between the concierge and the room, not to mention tea service in the lounge. I would be lost without them as I have become friends with most of the managers and staff. I would love a chain that much better again but in all the places I do business, but that is not going to happen
Old Sep 13, 2010, 3:40 am

Programs: United 1KMM; Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Would definitely like to see a PH in New York. And on the top floor, it should have a bar called Tokyo Bar.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 4:55 am
Suspended

The economy is so tough right now. Im not sure if Hyatt wants to add too many luxury hotels. I think the economy is why they have downgraded quite a few hotels to regular hyatts to reduce costs and lower room prices.

NYC average hotel prices are really down especially the higher end properties compared to years back IIRC. Its still really expensive but so are costs of running a hotel in NYC. I would love to see a park hyatt in NYC though.

Park City Utah would be the perfect location for a Park Hyatt.
Not that Park City Utah has any shortage of luxury hotels but that place could support it. The new St Regis (with a 10,000+ wine vault) and a brand new Waldorf Astoria both just opened in Park City and both seem to be doing well. I have no doubt that a Park Hyatt would be a huge success here.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, ICG Platinum Royal Ambassador, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by SkiUtah
The economy is so tough right now. Im not sure if Hyatt wants to add too many luxury hotels. I think the economy is why they have downgraded quite a few hotels to regular hyatts to reduce costs and lower room prices.

NYC average hotel prices are really down especially the higher end properties compared to years back IIRC. Its still really expensive but so are costs of running a hotel in NYC. I would love to see a park hyatt in NYC though.

Park City Utah would be the perfect location for a Park Hyatt.
Not that Park City Utah has any shortage of luxury hotels but that place could support it. The new St Regis (with a 10,000+ wine vault) and a brand new Waldorf Astoria both just opened in Park City and both seem to be doing well. I have no doubt that a Park Hyatt would be a huge success here.

I agree. They would also be very successful up in Napa Valley.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by FD1971
The Park Zurich is certainly more upscale and outperformed the above mentioned Dolder Grand and Baur au Lac on several occasions and in certain ratings. All are very good hotels that cater to a different clientele.

For guests who do not understand the Park Hyatt ideology, 'high expectation' stays at the properties in Milan, Paris or Zurich are probably difficult.
NONE of the hotels you have mentioned are actual 5 star/luxury properties, regardless of what "star ratings" you might personally assign to them.

I don't get why PH is sometimes not consider the same level as the FS, MO, RC, StR, ect. Is it just a lack of name-recognizance as the other properties?
It's not like the other chains have properties that may not be the best.
If your a fan of the better PH properties, why would PH not be a true luxury option in cities like Hong Kong and Bangkok? It certainly has two great, competitive properties in two of the most competitive markets in the world, Tokyo and Paris. Just different philosophies in its design and service.

They do need to invest in some of its properties like Toronto.

It's like driving a Mercedes or a Porsche. Both are great, just have different designs and experiences.

Originally Posted by SkiUtah

Park Hyatt seems to be spending a lot of money in NYC.
http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/11/0...room-on-hotel/

Last edited by Shangri-La; Nov 4, 2010 at 6:57 pm
Old Nov 4, 2010, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, QFF WP, Velocity Gold
MikefromTokyo: So would you choose some of the better properties, such as PH Tokyo or PH Sydney, over FS Tokyo, FS Sydney? I for one love both these two hotels, as an example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.