FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can we get some more Park Hyatts please?!
Old Nov 4, 2010, 6:27 pm
Shangri-La

Originally Posted by FD1971
The Park Zurich is certainly more upscale and outperformed the above mentioned Dolder Grand and Baur au Lac on several occasions and in certain ratings. All are very good hotels that cater to a different clientele.

For guests who do not understand the Park Hyatt ideology, 'high expectation' stays at the properties in Milan, Paris or Zurich are probably difficult.
Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
NONE of the hotels you have mentioned are actual 5 star/luxury properties, regardless of what "star ratings" you might personally assign to them.

I am a big fan of several of the better PH properties, but would never choose PH over other true luxury options in cities such as Hong Kong and Bangkok, even if PH properties were to be built- which IMO is quite unlikely to happen in the first place.
I don't get why PH is sometimes not consider the same level as the FS, MO, RC, StR, ect. Is it just a lack of name-recognizance as the other properties?
It's not like the other chains have properties that may not be the best.
If your a fan of the better PH properties, why would PH not be a true luxury option in cities like Hong Kong and Bangkok? It certainly has two great, competitive properties in two of the most competitive markets in the world, Tokyo and Paris. Just different philosophies in its design and service.

They do need to invest in some of its properties like Toronto.

It's like driving a Mercedes or a Porsche. Both are great, just have different designs and experiences.

Originally Posted by SkiUtah
The economy is so tough right now. Im not sure if Hyatt wants to add too many luxury hotels. I think the economy is why they have downgraded quite a few hotels to regular hyatts to reduce costs and lower room prices.

NYC average hotel prices are really down especially the higher end properties compared to years back IIRC. Its still really expensive but so are costs of running a hotel in NYC. I would love to see a park hyatt in NYC though.
Park Hyatt seems to be spending a lot of money in NYC.
http://news.travel.aol.com/2010/11/0...room-on-hotel/

Last edited by Shangri-La; Nov 4, 2010 at 6:57 pm