FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can we get some more Park Hyatts please?!
Old Sep 11, 2010, 8:55 pm
bearbrick

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
NONE of the hotels you have mentioned are actual 5 star/luxury properties, regardless of what "star ratings" you might personally assign to them.

I am a big fan of several of the better PH properties, but would never choose PH over other true luxury options in cities such as Hong Kong and Bangkok, even if PH properties were to be built- which IMO is quite unlikely to happen in the first place.

my reply was really in response to FD1971 post [as below] that the CDG roissy is the only 4 star in hyatt intl portfolio....and his ref to local ratings regulations - and hyatt may think they dont compete in the 4 star segment...

... but with the properties mentioned eg Xian and until recently aryaduta and tianjin ... whether they like it or not ..do...and i absolutely agree ...they are definately NOT 5 stars @:-) ....i guess thats why Tianjin is closed for a major redo

Originally Posted by FD1971 View Post
Sorry,

but Hyatt International does not compete in the four star plus segment

The only Hyatt International property that used to have four stars was the Regency CDG, but that was due to local rating regulations.