Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Can we get some more Park Hyatts please?!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:51 am
Original Poster

I think we need more Park Hyatt's. The following would be real nice:

Jackson Hole
Las Vegas
New York (Supposedly in the works.)
Maldives (OMG YES!!!!!!!!!)

^

(This thread is a result of being up at 4AM on the opposite side of the planet after having crossed 27 time zones in 4 days and having nothing better to do than think of more traveling. )
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:21 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Long ago, in a galaxy far, far, away, there was a PH in San Francisco. I'd put that ahead of Las Vegas any day.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Long ago, in a galaxy far, far, away, there was a PH in San Francisco. I'd put that ahead of Las Vegas any day.
There is an infinite number of locations I'd prioritize higher than both SF and LAS. ( then again, I live in the Bay Area and usually stay with friends/family in Vegas, so I am clearly biased)
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:43 am

LAS has a ton of other very nice properties, and honestly, there is not really a market for a PH here if you ask me. SF has several hyatts already and I would place many other locations on the list over SF or LAS. How about Madrid, Rome, Athens, Amsterdam?
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Long ago, in a galaxy far away, there was even a decent Hyatt in (Lake) Las Vegas.

PH San Francisco was nice, several dozen suites, but otherwise the only really classy Park Hyatt like part of the hotel was the name of the main restaurant...
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:27 am
thc

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum
Originally Posted by antonius66
LAS has a ton of other very nice properties, and honestly, there is not really a market for a PH here if you ask me. SF has several hyatts already and I would place many other locations on the list over SF or LAS. How about Madrid, Rome, Athens, Amsterdam?
There used to be a Park Hyatt Madrid. Now it's LHW-marketed hotel:

Villa Magna Hotel

There were rumors of a Park Hyatt Rome, but that never came to fruition:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...yatt-rome.html

Andaz Amsterdam is in the works:

http://www.sleepermagazine.co.uk/New...amsterdam.html
Old Sep 10, 2010, 10:57 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Munich, Germany.

But only with top location in the city center. There used to be a project for a 5* superiour hotel at famous shopping street Maximilianstrasse (former "Residenzpost" opposite Opera). It was designated for a luxury hotel, there were rumours it could become an IC hotel. Finally, as it is a monumentally protected building, I understood the authorities denied the construction of an additional floor on top which would have been necessary to have enough space for rentability running the operations (attic floor for suites). Now the owners started to build luxury appartements in that building.

Such locations are rare in Munich. The "old bulls" are "Kempinski Vier Jahreszeiten" at Maximilianstrasse and "Bayerischer Hof" at Promenadeplatz and they have such locations. "Mandarin Oriental" in a small street very close to Maximilianstrasse is no. 3, I would guess. Rocco Forte´s "The Charles Hotel" is newer and nice but located too near to main station in my eyes, which is not a good place for high class shops and hotels.

A Park Hyatt in Munich would fit in the luxury scene in the center, but the most difficult here is to find the adequate location, which is also expensive in Munich.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:48 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
In the early years of the last decade, Hyatt was rumoured to be a contender for prime locations in both Vienna and Munich. MO won the race in Munich in the end, in Vienna the sale/management contract also did not go into Hyatt's direction. Both Vienna and Munich are still among the very few worthwhile cities in Western Europe, otherwise the yield in Russia and Asia is simply in another league in comparison to Europe.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 12:47 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, ALL Silver,, Miles&More
Originally Posted by FD1971
In the early years of the last decade, Hyatt was rumoured to be a contender for prime locations in both Vienna and Munich. MO won the race in Munich in the end, in Vienna the sale/management contract also did not go into Hyatt's direction. Both Vienna and Munich are still among the very few worthwhile cities in Western Europe, otherwise the yield in Russia and Asia is simply in another league in comparison to Europe.
Interesting information, did not know that. Yes, Vienna would be also a place for a Park Hyatt.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 2:32 pm

All of the above cities would be great for PH and for us, too.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 7:36 pm

Saigon has a Park Hyatt, how about one in Hanoi please...
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:23 pm

for one i would like a proper PH in Zurich - the current one is at best a GH if it was anywhere else......would be nice to have a PH resort near Zurich too

whilst at it they ought to get a Geneva location too

in Asia - cites crying out for a PH are Hong Kong , Bangkok , Taipei and Singapore
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:04 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

One thing we need to keep in mind with these locational wishes for a PH is the rates achievable - as much as I wish there was one in SF - won't happen any time soon - rates are dismal there.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 9:29 pm

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by bearbrick
in Asia - cites crying out for a PH are Hong Kong , Bangkok , Taipei and Singapore
+1
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:59 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bearbrick
for one i would like a proper PH in Zurich - the current one is at best a GH if it was anywhere else......would be nice to have a PH resort near Zurich too
The PH Zurich is really a wonderful properly... not GH-like at all IMHO. Definitely way above typical Swiss standards - as nice as the PH DC in my books and far better than any GH I've ever stayed in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.