Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Aviara - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Aviara - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2024, 10:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
The rooms looks very spacious but from the photos it looks rather cold and lacking a warm inviting vibe. Did you feel that way staying there as well?
Old Feb 28, 2024, 5:21 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
The rooms looks very spacious but from the photos it looks rather cold and lacking a warm inviting vibe. Did you feel that way staying there as well?
Why does the moderator of this thread keep deleting or censorsing posts? I've noticed atleast 4 follows-ups deleted/censored. I guess he/she is not a fan of free speech!

Last edited by Tonyr4; Feb 29, 2024 at 1:30 pm
Old Feb 28, 2024, 10:20 pm

Yeah we didn't stay in a suite, and also as I wrote before we were fairly ambivalent about our stay...but I certainly didn't feel like the room was cold or uninviting at all. In fact it was as nice of a non-suite room as I can remember in a long while.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 7:51 pm

Programs: none
My family just stayed there last week. Rooms were really nice. Both the poolside suite and the king deluxe room felt modern clean and spacious. I thought there was decent art in the rooms. It has a mild beachy vibe. Bathrooms modern w two sinks tub and shower. Shower was a bit small.

Breakfast was great with buffet or ala cart. They never gave us a bill. The food at the bar and coffee shop were decent as well. Had a great yuzu jalepeno popsicle cocktail.

both our rooms were upgraded but we used a tsu on one and hot poolside suit and other was amex frh to deluxe room so not sure if glob mattered. We used points so loved the free parking. Enjoyed early checkin. Had a welcome amenity of fruit and small chocolate cake but might be bc it was my bday. Plenty of water offered in reusable metal containers turn down service included chocolate..

Had a couples massage. Outside spa pavilions are beautiful and restful. Could enjoy natural light and sound of running water. Quite expensive though even compared to other park hyatts and other Miravals.

Service for housekeeping concierge valet and restaurants were spot on. Check in person went through things fast and did not run down benefits. Overall though really enjoyed the sevice.

Enjoyed stay but way far away and after trying prob would not repeat since no strong desire to go back to southern CA and many new places to explore.
Old Feb 29, 2024, 9:36 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Tonyr4
Why does the moderator of this thread keep deleting or censorsing posts? I've noticed atleast 4 follows-ups deleted/censored. I guess he/she is not a fan of free speech!
1. Discussion of moderator actions is (a) off topic and (b) contrary to FlyerTalk rule 18.

2. The reason for editing one of your posts was already communicated to you via private message. If you or anyone else have concerns about how that was handled, PM is the appropriate venue for that discussion.

3. Feedback on moderator actions may also be sent to the FT community director at [email protected] as noted in the linked rule above.

Thanks,
The Hyatt mod team
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Had a very nice stay here. I used an expiring cert for a night and got an upgrade to a courtyard view suite. Definitely one of the nicer rooms I've stayed in. Staff was all nice as well. I always find it funny how at classy hotels everyone is usually dressed up in the evening for dinner and drinks and I just waltz through the lobby in shorts after hiking all afternoon holding a pizza to take to the room.

My only complaint is having to valet my car. I can't stand having to valet it because I'm usually in and out a bunch. The valet was quick but still annoying. When I checked out I had no charges on my bill and nothing is showing even now but it shows I earned points on $65 worth of charges which would have been the valet parking fee. I'll have to see if a charge comes through my card over the next few days. Reading other reviews this seems somewhat common.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:55 am

Originally Posted by sfgiants13
When I checked out I had no charges on my bill and nothing is showing even now but it shows I earned points on $65 worth of charges which would have been the valet parking fee. I'll have to see if a charge comes through my card over the next few days. Reading other reviews this seems somewhat common.
You reminded me so I went back to check and yeah, still no charge from Park Hyatt. My points earning was on a phantom $47 of spend. Could that have been the amount Hyatt reimbursed for my room? While yours was $65?
Old Mar 13, 2024, 10:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by projectmaximus
You reminded me so I went back to check and yeah, still no charge from Park Hyatt. My points earning was on a phantom $47 of spend. Could that have been the amount Hyatt reimbursed for my room? While yours was $65?
Not sure honestly. I just assumed it was from the parking since the $65 is the overnight valet charge.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 8:33 am

Programs: Elite status everywhere, not enough time to enjoy
Originally Posted by sfgiants13
Not sure honestly. I just assumed it was from the parking since the $65 is the overnight valet charge.
just checked in for 6 nights with my kids…got connecting rooms ( forgot to ask to use suite upgrade ) - so far so good - really hopeful the $65x6 gets waived. I’m globalist but paying cash for the stay…so far no perks besides a bottle of water and a note saying I had $120 of breakfast ( I always think I should be entitled to $240 since I pay for 2 rooms but I digress )
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by grantsi
just checked in for 6 nights with my kids…got connecting rooms ( forgot to ask to use suite upgrade ) - so far so good - really hopeful the $65x6 gets waived. I’m globalist but paying cash for the stay…so far no perks besides a bottle of water and a note saying I had $120 of breakfast ( I always think I should be entitled to $240 since I pay for 2 rooms but I digress )
The parking is free ONLY on award stays for Globalists. If you are paying cash, then expect to pay the parking.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:49 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by grantsi
You are only officially entitled to one room of Globalist perks, any additional rooms you would need to use Guest of Honors. Some hotels are nice and extend the perks to all rooms but they don't have to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.