Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Aviara - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Aviara - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2020, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Even though their website still says September 1, I just had a September reservation canceled. Looks like I can't book in September at all now, but October is open.

Was going to book at 1906, but they charge $25 to cancel any points reservation? Nah
Old Sep 16, 2020, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
It sure is challenging to find award space here..
Old Sep 16, 2020, 7:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ralphs
It sure is challenging to find award space here..
Or any space. Last I checked (yesterday) their website indicated an Oct 1 opening date but neither cash rates nor points availability could be found on any subsequent day through 10/10. I assume they are postponing the reopening.
Old Sep 16, 2020, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by dpb132
Or any space. Last I checked (yesterday) their website indicated an Oct 1 opening date but neither cash rates nor points availability could be found on any subsequent day through 10/10. I assume they are postponing the reopening.
Their rates were absolutely insane ($500+/night) on the dates I checked. I suspect they're not getting many reservations.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:34 am

On other forum, people mentioned that their globalist booking on 10/1 got cancelled because overbook. So they are opening for sure but we do not know to what extend will they be allowed to open.
Old Sep 17, 2020, 12:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by anchor79
On other forum, people mentioned that their globalist booking on 10/1 got cancelled because overbook. So they are opening for sure but we do not know to what extend will they be allowed to open.
I believe it’s about 40% capacity based on Manchester Grand Hyatt in San Diego’s new capacity.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Does this property play games with award availability and/or have a very small number of standard rooms post-renovation? None of the half dozen midweek or weekend dates I've searched in the next three months have award availability for any number of nights (1-5). There's some availability starting in February for any number of nights, though.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dkc192
Does this property play games with award availability and/or have a very small number of standard rooms post-renovation? None of the half dozen midweek or weekend dates I've searched in the next three months have award availability for any number of nights (1-5). There's some availability starting in February for any number of nights, though.
Sure seems like it to me.

I finally snagged two nights in January. After my Cat 1-7 expires, naturally.
Old Oct 25, 2020, 4:20 pm

Programs: Hyatt
Here now. The renovations are impressive. The previous aesthetic was heavy on dark woods, and seemed dim and had seen better days. Now lots of grey, sand, beige and copper accents. Think Restoration Hardware. They opened up one side of the hotel with sliding glass doors and large windows. Much brighter. They took what was an aging 5 star and brought it up to contemporary standards. Reminds of a four seasons. There is still the smell of new paint/furniture. The entryway chandelier/installation is beautiful. Will post more later.

Lobby Area

A very nice welcome
Old Oct 25, 2020, 6:56 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Looking well
Are Food & beverage outlets restaurants/open?
Globalists able to order room service?
Old Oct 26, 2020, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt

Renovated adult pool

View from balcony
Old Oct 26, 2020, 10:14 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by josephstern
Sure seems like it to me.

I finally snagged two nights in January. After my Cat 1-7 expires, naturally.
Wasn't your free night 1-7 extended?
Old Oct 27, 2020, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Wasn't your free night 1-7 extended?
It should be, but no, it hasn't been yet. None of my free nights have been updated with the second extension.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 8:54 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by josephstern
It should be, but no, it hasn't been yet. None of my free nights have been updated with the second extension.
Extension will happen in November as I understand
Old Oct 29, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Property renovation looks incredible. Can’t wait to pop by.

We did our wedding here and service through and through was top notch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.