Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2022, 4:04 am

Yea, not sure how they enforce parking charges but it is open parking, no gate, but they ask you if you are parking and give you a slip to put in the car.
Old Apr 6, 2022, 8:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
We just had a one night stay on 3/28. They did not charge me for parking, but did give me a parking pass to display on the the dashboard of our rental. Honestly, this is perhaps one of the more disappointing Hyatt's I've stayed in. Hard product (i.e. rooms) is pretty dated and the wear and tear shows. It's an airport hotel so our bar is relatively low, but going forward we'll likely return to the Residence Inn which is just up the street. Rates are comparable, but property is much, much newer and basically all rooms are suites.

Regards
Old Mar 18, 2023, 12:37 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Called the front desk and they told me $8 parking for all guests including Diamonds/Globs. I asked if the parking is gated and they told me "no" which I knew, but added they have night security. I supposed this is not too bad if they truly have a dedicated security circling in the parking lot and not just hanging around in the lobby. Any recent stays to confirm this?

Also the pool area is out of order until next month. They are sending guests to their sister property, Resident Inn, down the street to use their pool facility. RI also shows $8 parking per night in their website, so I guess that is the new norm in this area.
Old Mar 18, 2023, 3:33 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by 168
Called the front desk and they told me $8 parking for all guests including Diamonds/Globs. I asked if the parking is gated and they told me "no" which I knew, but added they have night security. I supposed this is not too bad if they truly have a dedicated security circling in the parking lot and not just hanging around in the lobby. Any recent stays to confirm this?

Also the pool area is out of order until next month. They are sending guests to their sister property, Resident Inn, down the street to use their pool facility. RI also shows $8 parking per night in their website, so I guess that is the new norm in this area.
It is an open public parking lot without fencing and shared with adjacent businesses. I've seen a security person at Hyatt, but there are known break ins in that area. Personally, I still park here once in a while.

I would look into Sheraton, Hampton Inn, or other hotels with secured parking. Sheraton gives elites 14 days of free parking, while HP only gives 10 when booked on park and fly rate.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 11:05 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Platinum, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by 168

I stayed using a Chase award night recently. The rooms are fairly spacious.
Pool is back in working order. Gym quite small.
Breakfast better than a Comfort Hotel or Residence Inn.
Staff were quite friendly.
The shuttle is on demand, 24hrs. Takes about 10 minutes to the airport.
There are many places to eat within 5 minute's walk.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Feb 18, 2024, 3:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott // WN, AA, BA, UA, AS // Avis
Just did a 1 night stay here, as I had a 6:15am flight back to LAX.

Was given a 4th floor room + free waters. Room was spacious, clean & comfortable, typical Hyatt Place I guess. The 24hr shuttle was great, told them I wanted it at 5:15, and it was there right on the dot ready to go in the morning.
symbols likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.