Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Place Portland Airport/Cascade Station REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2015, 8:34 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Pretty pathetic breakfast. Thanks for the IHOP recommendation. Will certainly walk over there.
I'm not about to staunchly defend a Hyatt Place breakfast, but to me, it's at the very least equally as gross as IHOP, if not significantly less disgusting.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 3:43 pm

Programs: UA 1.050MM, PersonalCar 0.275MM
Observation regarding aircraft noise: There are the commercial aircraft flyovers whose noise I find is adequately blocked by the guest room multi-pane windows, and then there are the military aircraft flyovers, which sometimes are low enough and loud enough to shake the ground and let you identify what's attached to the undercarriage. No multi-pane windows are going to suppress that noise, but fortunately those are relatively rare.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:31 am

Did another 3-night stay here over the weekend with not much new to report. It's still a standard (although new-build) HP. It's still loud at night. The front desk staff are still somewhat clueless, although that's completely HP brand standard. Breakfast is still the same HP fare.

Past three trips to PDX did the HP twice and the Aloft once. The Aloft is closer to the Max station whereas the HP has subpar free breakfast. Next time I'll flip a coin if the rate is the same and I don't need Hyatt nights.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Did another 3-night stay here over the weekend with not much new to report. It's still a standard (although new-build) HP. It's still loud at night. The front desk staff are still somewhat clueless, although that's completely HP brand standard. Breakfast is still the same HP fare.

Past three trips to PDX did the HP twice and the Aloft once. The Aloft is closer to the Max station whereas the HP has subpar free breakfast. Next time I'll flip a coin if the rate is the same and I don't need Hyatt nights.
I've stayed at the HP several times in the last few years, so I decided to mix it up at stay at the Aloft a few weeks ago. Prices were about the same, though I thought the Aloft did a much better job with their front desk. Had a small issue with the SPG Keyless and the agents worked on it for at least an hour while we went across the street for dinner.

The HP is nice, but I think I'll definitely stay with the Aloft for future trips. (Of course it would be nice if Hyatt had a downtown Portland property...)
Old Mar 12, 2016, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I forgot to post when I stayed there twice in November. I had a car because I was driving into south-central Washington for work. I liked the build and the location, except that coming back into the city, it took me forever to get to the hotel from the east at rush hour. Just hideous traffic. Not the property's fault, but something to consider.

I got takeout from Buffalo Wild Wings one night, and the morning I was heading out to work I skipped the freebie breakfast and walked over to IHOP and had a short stack and some coffee. Marginally better...

Compared to where my colleagues were scattered in the airport area (we finished too late to get non-redeye flights east), I thought the HP was one of the nicer properties for its price point.
Old Sep 5, 2016, 8:43 pm

Third stay here and the worst of the bunch by far. Still the most clueless desk staff of any HP I've ever visited. They made me check-in and check-out in the middle of a two-night stay even though it was two nights on the same reservation. No mention of Diamond whatsoever, no amenity points (although 1.5x incompetence bonus is nice).

HP breakfast was the worst ever here, which is no small feat. Most rancid, acidic fruit salad ever, grosser than usual donuts, no sandwiches on a Monday, ran out of hot water and coffee repeatedly, all plastic utensils and bowls. It was less like a HP and way more like a terrible FFI or Hampton breakfast.

Still super loud at night. I will undoubtedly hit the new HH from now on.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Just found out that this airport hotel no longer offers - get this - an airport shuttle! Guests have to fend for themselves with a $15 uber, or schlep their stuff to/from the Max (and pay a max fare). How ridiculous is that? Couldn't they figure out a way to partner with the Aloft next door, which offers a free airport shuttle (as an airport hotel should?!?)
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 9:03 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by bostonbali
Just found out that this airport hotel no longer offers - get this - an airport shuttle!
Thanks for heads-up. I am no longer considering this hotel.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 5:46 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Also $8+tax per night for self-parking!! "This includes in and out privileges." It used to be part of the strip mall type of parking connected to IHop and other businesses. Have they added some sort of the gate system?

On airport shuttle service, you might want to double check with hotel directly. I was told today that they still provide airport shuttle. The pool is still under Maintenace.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 6:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 168
On airport shuttle service, you might want to double check with hotel directly. I was told today that they still provide airport shuttle.
Told by who?

Archive.org tells me that in the past two years the Transportation page showed a note that explained the existence of a 24 shuttle, but that it was currently unavailable due to Covid. Now the website seems to have no info about the shuttle anymore.

I guess given that the fitness center is still closed, customers could just take a quick 2.5 mile walk to the airport and get some exercise.

I emailed the property to get this clarified.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 7:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K, AA-Gold, H GP-LIfeTime Diamond
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
Told by who?
I called hotel directly and talked to the front desk.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2022, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by 168
I called hotel directly and talked to the front desk.
Hotel responded: shuttle exists, call front desk at503-288-2808 to arrange pickup from airport and contact front desk to schedule trip to airport.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:31 pm

Programs: AA, Southwest
Still Strip mall. Plenty of parking available in the area so not sure why they think they should be charging guests. Wasn't charged for parking as globalist last July.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by XtraPerks
Still Strip mall. Plenty of parking available in the area so not sure why they think they should be charging guests. Wasn't charged for parking as globalist last July.
Because this is the new way of hotel owners. They think guests and elites get too much for free. Spirit airlines is their ideal state. In the future you may have to pay for towels, shampoo and wake up calls. Some hotels already tried gouging guests for electricity surcharges.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 11:39 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by olouie
Because this is the new way of hotel owners. They think guests and elites get too much for free. Spirit airlines is their ideal state. In the future you may have to pay for towels, shampoo and wake up calls. Some hotels already tried gouging guests for electricity surcharges.
All bathroom amenities in a box (hotel's equivalent of snack box) coming soon to a hotel near you! It's available for $14.99+tax.

LAX

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.