Old Mar 31, 2016, 1:06 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: trajanc
Print Wikipost

Las Vegas Codes and Promos

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2015, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by Appum
Need suggestion please. Planning a Trip to Vegas in Feb for 5 nights, it will be 4 of us, all Adults. I am a Hyatt Diamond Passport member. Was looking at booking one of the Hyatt/M Life Hotels using my Chase UR points. Would I be eligible for the Free Upgrades as a Diampng member if I book with points? Is this a good way to book hotel for the stay? Or is it cheaper to book using Cash. ThankYou.
Unless going during peak period, points aren't usually a good value at Vegas hotels. They also don't have follow the same rules as far as no blackout dates that Hyatt hotels are supposed to follow for award stays.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 12:09 pm
Used to be guidogh

Programs: FB Ultimate, Hertz Platinum, Star Aliiance Gold
Originally Posted by MomV
I don't have a complete answer for you, but a few tips:
1. Enroll in MLife and get MLife Platinum (since Hyatt Dia)
2. Check rates on MLife site also (after Plat status reflected)

There is more information on other threads in FT Forums such as here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ls.htmlhttp://
I already have an Mlife account. How can I let them upgrade my mlife status using my Hyatt Diamond? Cant seem to find instruction for that anywhere.

Thanks
Old Dec 23, 2015, 6:38 am

Was at flamingo using a lmtclub booking. .......s charged me resort fee when there was none during booking (I checked). Going to charge back with AMEX!
Old Dec 23, 2015, 7:00 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
Was at flamingo using a lmtclub booking. .......s charged me resort fee when there was none during booking (I checked). Going to charge back with AMEX!
That's odd, was it a really old booking? They have been showing the resort fee for quite a while now. Maybe if it was an old booking, they just changed all of them to add the resort fee, instead of starting when they showed the resort fee?
Old Dec 23, 2015, 3:58 pm

oh man, really bummed that the royal caribbean celebrity cruise coupon for bellagio just stopped working today (ZCCL15) just after I finalised my flights for mar 2016.

anyone have any good coupons for either resort or suite at the bellagio?

i cant find anything as good as that deal anymore
Old Dec 24, 2015, 5:10 pm

Originally Posted by tatterdema
That's odd, was it a really old booking? They have been showing the resort fee for quite a while now. Maybe if it was an old booking, they just changed all of them to add the resort fee, instead of starting when they showed the resort fee?
I made my reservation in Apr 2015. When did LMTclub start charging resort fee?
Old Dec 25, 2015, 2:22 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
For LMT club in Caeasar properties, e.g. Harrah, Flamingo, is there a resort fee? I remember reading there should not be any, but when I get to the end of checking out it mentions a resort fee!
Answer to your above question.... From March 29, 2015...in your own words.

Last edited by tatterdema; Dec 25, 2015 at 2:59 am
Old Dec 27, 2015, 1:42 pm

Programs: DL-Gold, UA-1K, EXEC-PLAT
Originally Posted by tatterdema
Answer to your above question.... From March 29, 2015...in your own words.
They are charging a Resort Fee since last year ..mostly all Hotels with a Pool are going to charge you the xtra fee now!

There was a Website with a list of all Hotels which are going to charge u for
Old Dec 28, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Originally Posted by mingzie
oh man, really bummed that the royal caribbean celebrity cruise coupon for bellagio just stopped working today (ZCCL15) just after I finalised my flights for mar 2016.

anyone have any good coupons for either resort or suite at the bellagio?

i cant find anything as good as that deal anymore
All you can do is wait and hope for the next incarnation of this promo. IMHO this promo isn't as good as it used to be. It''s no longer necessarily the best promo out there as the one didn't include a blanket % off the room rate too... From what I saw.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 6:57 am

So I'm just curious to hear from the more experienced posters here if I got a good deal or not, and whether I really exhausted my avenues for hotel research before jumping. Going to Vegas this Saturday and Sunday, check out Monday. Checked LMTClub, deals on My Cheap Vegas, Orbitz, tried some Hotwire bids (they were all more expensive than other sites,) tried promo codes thread codes. Sadly missing the Royal offer by a couple days.

We wanted a "nicer" hotel, something in the range of SLS, Palms Place, MGM. Found good deals at the Luxor—146.38 all in for 2 nights w/ resort fees and taxes from LMT—and Palms (168.44 all in also from LMT.) But then found SLS at 195 all in from Hotel Tonight (this is with the first time user $25 off promo code.) And SLS was at least $100 more from all other sites. Plus my friend said he's stayed at Luxor before and he thinks it's kind of bleak, though $146 seems like a good deal regardless. (My friend is a bit of a diva)

I know SLS is a bit off the strip, seems they've been having financial difficulties and saw some off putting reviews. Tried to convince my friend to go for Palms Place for $205 all in but he wanted the more hip hotel. Do you guys think we got a good deal? Were there any sites I neglected to check? Hotels Tonight seems to deliver generally good results but it seems too well-known to be a truly good deal. I know there are plenty of booking techniques alluded to and mentioned throughout the forum that I'm not privy to, I didn't have the energy to try BRGs or anything like that. But it also seems Vegas is a unique city in terms of hotel booking techniques and very curious to learn from this experience for future trips

Last edited by bruin89; Dec 29, 2015 at 7:03 am
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
To be honest the hotels are priced according to desirability and there are very few real bargains to be had. You get what you pay for generally and if something is too cheap to be true....well you know the rest.

The Luxor isn't great, your friend is right, but at least the location isn't too bad. The SLS, whilst newer and a bit more shiny, is in a really terrible location, completely lacking in any character and everytime I've been in there has been completely dead.

I personally really like the Monte Carlo for combination of price,quality and location and usually find the best rate on Expedia or My Cheap Vegas. Sometimes a discount pops up in your MLife account if you sign up online for their player's club.

In your situation I would definitely pay the extra to not stay in one of those hotels! Choose somewhere better located and you won't regret it.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
As far as I am concerned there are two main choices in Vegas, you either get one of the better hotels in the center of the strip, if you can get a good price (ellara, Venetian, Caesars, Belaggio aria, etc, or the Wynns) or you go to the Luxor for cheap, that it's decent and has stand alone entertainment.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nk15
As far as I am concerned there are two main choices in Vegas, you either get one of the better hotels in the center of the strip, if you can get a good price (ellara, Venetian, Caesars, Belaggio aria, etc, or the Wynns) or you go to the Luxor for cheap, that it's decent and has stand alone entertainment.
Just out of interest, why would you pick Luxor over TI, Monte Carlo, NYNY or even Excalibur, when they are usually similar prices? I've stayed at all over the years and Luxor would be bottom of my list.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by fourspoons
Just out of interest, why would you pick Luxor over TI, Monte Carlo, NYNY or even Excalibur, when they are usually similar prices? I've stayed at all over the years and Luxor would be bottom of my list.
PH and NYNY are fine, somewhat in between in price and quality between the cheaper ones and the higher quality ones.
Old Dec 29, 2015, 9:08 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, AC SE, Delta Platinum Medallion, Marriott Titanium
Bally's is nice too - centrally located and relatively cheap.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.