Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotel Deals
Reload this Page >

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[EXPIRED] Leading Hotels of the World - $19.28 a night (reg $500-$2000)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Ah, was just about to post that I (also) received the email (without any attached form) but I see people here beat me to it. Now I am curious... what have they come up with?!

In any case, this clearly proves that their system has failed and that all claims that the 6000 rooms have been sold is pure nonsense!
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExPlat LT Gold, BA Silver, Aegean Star Gold
Thumbs down Email from LHW

We are deeply sorry for today's disruption of the USD 19.28 sale. Demand for this promotion far surpassed our expectations, and due to the exorbitant amount of traffic to www.lhw.com/1928, we were unable to accommodate travel requests. Nonetheless, we intend on making every effort to honor the offer on a first come, first serve basis, and have devised a plan to enable you to apply for the USD 19.28 rate. (The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. makes no representation or guarantee that it will be able to fulfill your request.)

Please see the attached form for details. As a reminder, below is a complete list of the hotels participating in this promotion.
Thank You,

The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd.

----
The funny things is that there was no attached form.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by pitbrian
ONLY PROBLEM- THERE IS NO ATTACHED FORM

What is wrong with them???
Anyone else sense a job opening or two coming up at LHW?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by jfkeze
We are deeply sorry for today's disruption of the USD 19.28 sale. Demand for this promotion far surpassed our expectations, and due to the exorbitant amount of traffic to www.lhw.com/1928, we were unable to accommodate travel requests. Nonetheless, we intend on making every effort to honor the offer on a first come, first serve basis, and have devised a plan to enable you to apply for the USD 19.28 rate. (The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. makes no representation or guarantee that it will be able to fulfill your request.)

Please see the attached form for details. As a reminder, below is a complete list of the hotels participating in this promotion.
Thank You,

----
I have not got this email. Does this mean that only the people who get this email, see it and reply in time will get a room? This is getting ridiculous.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:22 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
I got this as well... but there was no attached form.

Originally Posted by jfkeze

Thank You,

----
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:24 am

I've got no E-Mail

... first come, first serve basis ...

ok, no chance for me at all...
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Yeah, I got the e-mail just now -- missing any attachment, of course.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:26 am

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Julian
I have not got this email. Does this mean that only the people who get this email, see it and reply in time will get a room? This is getting ridiculous.
I didn't get it yet, either. Maybe they realized they screwed up again by not attaching the form and have stopped sending them until it's corrected? Or is that giving them too much credit for trying to fix the latest problem quickly?
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:30 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, IHG Gold, OZ*G, AA Gold, AS MVP
E-mail with no form is a step up from what I have; I didn't even get an e-mail. Or maybe should I be expecting it soon?

Programs: AA, Delta, NWA,HHonors, Hyatt BF
I have the apology email with a link back to the site... no attachment....and the link provides no clue as to what the heck they are talking about. Its like a Scooby Doo mystery and Shaggy is at their computer.

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by alex0683de
For what? Being naive? For not anticipating how much traffic something like this could create?

The level of immaturity some posters on this site show never ceases to amaze me. Like toddlers who dropped their lollipops!
+1.

I am sure nobody on this forum has ever made a mistake...
FlyerTalk Evangelist

guys, the form is linked, but not attached.

guess what, we have to send the form in TOMORROW at noon GMT. sigh.
Old Oct 1, 2008, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by basti_dtm
I've got no E-Mail

... first come, first serve basis ...

ok, no chance for me at all...
How about being patient???

"First come, first serve?" Impossible, as there is NO ATTACHED FORM.

And what makes you leap to the assumption that it is "first come first serve" anyhow? There is NOTHING in the e-mail that says that.

(But FTers are always good at leaping to unwarranted conclusions.... )

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
what a public relations nightmare !!!

2 huge screw-ups less than 3 hours apart !!

Programs: United MPP 1K
Waste of time

What a waste of time and precious sleep on the West Coast; now an email with no form attached....Perhaps they should change their name to "Misleading Hotels of the World" as a learned person and seasoned traveler known to me says...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.