Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2007, 7:54 pm

Programs: S*A Gold, Marriott Gold, PC Plat
Originally Posted by derpelikan
but anyway, as the lounge usually is throwing away 50% of the food, the hotels doesnt have a problem with his eating habits.

the guy we are talking is spending much more money at the hotel, so i dont think it is fair for you to judge from his eating habits...

anyway, i have sent him a mail to join FT , so he can learn a bit about our nice world ...

dp
Point taken about lounge throwing away food. I wasn't trying to pass judgement, i said that he was 'loud' to the lounge ladies and ate a lot.
Anyway, let's welcome him once he is here. Is that you, Hans?

Last edited by dante; Jun 7, 2007 at 8:02 pm
Old Jun 7, 2007, 8:08 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
anyway, i have sent him a mail to join FT , so he can learn a bit about our nice world ...
Yikes. I'm going to fix my posts now. And anyone who quoted me, please edit. Thanks.

No judgement, only discussion of, ummmm, unusual behavior.

Last edited by FourWheels; Jun 7, 2007 at 8:18 pm Reason: a possible "open mouth, insert foot" moment
Old Jun 7, 2007, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by FourWheels
In reference to my most recent posts, I was considering editing just in case that guy is in fact a FTer. My apologies if he has read about himself.
Don't edit your posts. It surely seems that his behavior of consuming the food is not really appropriate.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

BTW what everybody else got as their Diamond amenity here?

When I was sleeping someone brought a very nice fruit assortment, chocolates and a chocolate elephant, and some canapes.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:17 pm

Programs: Darth Vader of AMEX, A ladys best friend of Hilton, Pt78 of SPG, *G ,*S, ANA VIP
free golf tour

Originally Posted by holtju2
BTW what everybody else got as their Diamond amenity here?

When I was sleeping someone brought a very nice fruit assortment, chocolates and a chocolate elephant, and some canapes.
i got a free comped golf tour because there was no food in the lounge left...

naah,,, just kidding

but do they have a diamond gift? because these things you discribe are the executive floor giftes i guess.

and everybody, dont worry the guy doesnt take it too seriously

and i even know that when the guy got loud i was the reason, as i asked him to buy something for me in the hotel and the hotel did mess it up, and you know how i will kick someones a** if things are not going the way i want

so i guess he was just scrared that i will sent a sniper if he didnt get it fixed

btw. i really like the lounge at the bkk conrad, and i think the food is really nice compared to other lounges .

i will be back soon, and help mr.nimmersatt to clear all drinks in the lounge once we have eaten all cakes and saldads and cheese and fruits and LAs.

dp
Old Jun 7, 2007, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

btw. i really like the lounge at the bkk conrad, and i think the food is really nice compared to other lounges .

i will be back soon, and help mr.nimmersatt to clear all drinks in the lounge once we have eaten all cakes and saldads and cheese and fruits and LAs.
When I was here last year I didn't quite like the lounge. I want my Champagne! I don't drink sparkling wines.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 12:18 am

you cant have EVERYTHING for $US20 a day
I thought the food selection was good.

I just made sure I had my fill of coctails when out of the hotel

and I took my own moet
Old Jun 8, 2007, 12:27 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by tinkybelle
you cant have EVERYTHING for $US20 a day ...
Is "holtju2" not paying ~ 50 USD? (for the presidential suite)
Old Jun 8, 2007, 12:54 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by Dennis
Is "holtju2" not paying ~ 50 USD? (for the presidential suite)
Perhaps holtju2 was booked in the Deluxe Suit for 645 baht?

I rather liked the breakfast, but was never in the hotel during tea or other evening lounge services. I did order room service for dinner 7 of 14 nights and while expensive by BKK standards, it was competitively priced by hotel standards.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
you cant have EVERYTHING for $US20 a day
I thought the food selection was good.

I just made sure I had my fill of coctails when out of the hotel

and I took my own moet
Totally agree that you cannot have it all for $20 but I am paying $50!

Anyway I did bring two bottles of Veuve Clicquot.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 4:52 am

MY apologies
I didnt realise you actually scored the pres suite .
I didnt
though I did book it!

wish I had been there to share my moet with you and your veuve with me

well I get another chance in july
booked the $50 rate but have already been told it is unavailable
Old Jun 8, 2007, 5:17 am
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by holtju2
Don't edit your posts. It surely seems that his behavior of consuming the food is not really appropriate.

Got a message from my friend who is curntly in the hotel. The gnome seems still to be there. He wears every day the same clothes: blackish trousers and blackish shirt. Eats unusual large quantities on the afternoon tea, evening apero and also breakfast.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Didi
Got a message from my friend who is curntly in the hotel. The gnome seems still to be there. He wears every day the same clothes: blackish trousers and blackish shirt. Eats unusual large quantities on the afternoon tea, evening apero and also breakfast.
He wasn't at the lounge this afternoon or in the evening. I was trying to spot the guy.
Old Jun 8, 2007, 6:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Didi
You seem to be taking an unhealthy amount of interest in this guy. Have you not got anything more interesting to talk about? Why don't you just mind your own business and stop worrying about other people?
Old Jun 8, 2007, 7:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mofomat
You seem to be taking an unhealthy amount of interest in this guy. Have you not got anything more interesting to talk about? Why don't you just mind your own business and stop worrying about other people?
I am indeed very interested in what this guy is doing. Just imagine, I saw him when I was there, and now I got a message from my friend who made the same observations. Isn't that too funny. I mean, since I was there on my own I had a lot of time to monitor other fellows and I had kinda fun to spot (potential) flyer talkers. And the one specific guy, I thought myself, MUST be a flyer talker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.