[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2007, 3:27 pm

how late are they going to be??
I think travel insurance can cover that sort of thing for missed connection etc.

especially if the Conrad is their first hotel after arriving in Thailand.
id call the manager go into the conrad BKK website the names of the managers are there
ask for them personally.
I am sure they would let u have the ongoing days after arrival but wouldnt stretch the res beyond orig dates so insurance should cover at least a normal room.

kepp us informed of the outcome
Old Apr 30, 2007, 6:52 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
The hotel honored the reservation after a call to the elite line (downgrade to smaller room though) - they got in late due to MX about 5 am ....
Old May 3, 2007, 4:45 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by gpan
The hotel honored the reservation after a call to the elite line (downgrade to smaller room though) - they got in late due to MX about 5 am ....
Good to learn they were able to check-in. Any room in the Conrad is certain to be a good one.
Old May 12, 2007, 12:59 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
1st night of our 5 night stay, upon check-in we were given an executive room (instead of the Deluxe suite initially downgraded to in August), we were told we'd be moved later that day, but before too long a manager came to our room with the exact same story.
Executive instead of Deluxe Suite? Is there only one Deluxe Suite? I thought there is one President Suite and several Deluxe Suites?

Originally Posted by seanthepilot
$20? We payed upwards of $75 for each night. But, regardless of what price paid, emails received from the Conrad confirmed the rates and types of room months ago.
Did all people receive such a confirmation? I don't remember to have gotten one.
Old May 23, 2007, 2:19 pm
Suspended

I will be in the Conrad from next Monday or Tuesday on.

Any other FT people there? Does anyone join me? I have two rooms but I need only one
Old May 24, 2007, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Didi

Any other FT people there? Does anyone join me? I have two rooms but I need only one
Hi Didi,
I'm in Viet Nam. If you have an extra room, I could help. What is the roomrate?
Old May 24, 2007, 10:34 am

Programs: LH M&M, AF/KL Gold, EK silver, GF silver
Just leaved

I leaved yesterday. Had a great stay in their Pres. Suite.
Thanks to the nice staff in Exec. Lounge.
Old May 24, 2007, 11:49 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others

I was told by the Conrad BKK that the guest in the second room must be a family member, same surname. YMMV
Old May 24, 2007, 11:56 am
Suspended

asienflieger, what a pitty that you are not there anymore I also saw your message in the Gulf Air deal forum.

Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I was told by the Conrad BKK that the guest in the second room must be a family member, same surname. YMMV
family member? i hardly believe they can insert such a restriction. it is common practice that friends travel together and friends do usually not have the same family names.

is anyone else there from next week on?
Old May 24, 2007, 12:31 pm
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
...family member? i hardly believe they can insert such a restriction. it is common practice that friends travel together and friends do usually not have the same family names...
This was a restriction just for this deal to prevent resale of the rooms. They are reasonable, I think any proof of relationship would do if different surnames. And as I said before YMMV, but I would call and verify in advance.
Old May 24, 2007, 7:30 pm
Tak

Programs:  UA 1MM, JAL JGC Diamond, SPG Lifetime PLT, AMEX PLT
I thought same surname is required to check in.
If you and your wife stay there, one room under your name and another room under your wife's name.
You should make sure they allow different surname for additional room if you want to invite someone who you do not know.
Of course, you can negotiate there, but is it worthwhile to hustle for anyone who you do not know???
Old May 24, 2007, 11:14 pm

you are correct
we booked a 2nd room for family and there was a big stink on the saturday when they arrived. they said absolutely they would not let them use the room for that price until I asked for the GM and told them that both me and my husband were both diamond and then they relented and let us have both rooms.
we had to cancel a booking last week as we decided not to fly.
Old May 25, 2007, 12:00 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
we booked a 2nd room for family and there was a big stink on the saturday when they arrived. they said absolutely they would not let them use the room for that price until I asked for the GM and told them that both me and my husband were both diamond and then they relented and let us have both rooms.(
Sorry I dont get it .

Why didnt you check-in yourself for the 2nd room if you are already there ? I dont think they would check who sleeps in the rooms every night.

Or you mean to say they wouldnt allow you to check-in for the 2nd room since you couldnt physically occupy both rooms on the same nights ?

Last edited by mario33; May 25, 2007 at 12:25 pm
Old May 25, 2007, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
Sorry I dont get it .

Why didnt you check-in yourself for the 2nd room if you are already there ? I dont think they would check who sleeps in the rooms every night.

Or you mean to say they wouldnt allow you to check-in for the 2nd room since you couldnt physically occupy both rooms on the same nights ?
be aware that we had booked the pres suite and was told on arrival it was not available

Mr and Mrs T book in fri for a 5 night stay
we have second room booked in same name for sat 4 nights
on arrival of the second occupiers they took the passports then came over and said he is not same name he cannot stay on this rate
I say he is family

they say his name is different so he cannot stay in our name
I say well I am diamond and husband is diamond put my name on the other room

they go away and talk
they come back
no
i say ok then i want the pres suite as booked
if you do not honor the 2 suite bookings
I say get GM they go away come back and say for this time we will honor the booking and put your name in
at the time it was early days of this promo and no one had experienced a 2 room same name thing.
As I was not aware of this I did not put a second name in the booking
now do you get it!
Old May 26, 2007, 9:48 am
Suspended

It is not a nice game that they were playing with you. I stay often in a variety of hotels but I never make bookings in other names than mine. Always book with my profile and never had an issue when someone else stayed in the second room. I hope that they will not try to play games with me when I arrive in the President suite. Is anyone else there next week?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.