Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Rate Gone] Conrad Bangkok Presedential Suite $51 on priceline

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2007, 1:55 am

Programs: SPG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; UA 1K
A friendly reminder . . .

Soliciting to buy and sell room reservations on this forum is a no-no. I just deleted a couple of posts regarding such a solicitation.

Thanks,

VPescado
MR forum mod
Old Jun 5, 2007, 3:11 am
Suspended

I finally arrived late in the hotel. The first reservation with the late arrival was not honored. No prez suite then!

The second rez was ok but downgraded to the standard suite. Stayed meanwhile in the Ibis (booked via Travelocity).

Did anyone get points for stays on these Priceline bookings? How long did it take to have the points credited after check-out?
Old Jun 5, 2007, 7:22 am

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by Didi
I finally arrived late in the hotel. The first reservation with the late arrival was not honored. No prez suite then!

The second rez was ok but downgraded to the standard suite. Stayed meanwhile in the Ibis (booked via Travelocity).

Did anyone get points for stays on these Priceline bookings? How long did it take to have the points credited after check-out?
Enjoy your stay!
Old Jun 6, 2007, 7:19 am

Programs: SEN -
one hell of a difference lol

the standard suite is far better than the prez suite at the ibis(which one, pls not Huamark)
Old Jun 6, 2007, 7:21 am

anyone got some room?

Hi all, will be arriving BKK on the 16th for 7 nights.Anyone need a room mate just pm me...tks
Old Jun 6, 2007, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by malteser
the standard suite is far better than the prez suite at the ibis(which one, pls not Huamark)
Malteser, the photos on the Conrad website give a nice image about the Prez suite. Have ya been there? What is not nice in the Prez suite?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 9:34 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Malteser, the photos on the Conrad website give a nice image about the Prez suite. Have ya been there? What is not nice in the Prez suite?
I have pics of both the pres and deluxe on my website. http://genefowler.com/travel/hotels/conradbkk/ However the pics do not do it justice. It is far better than the pics show.
Old Jun 6, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: CO Gold
I just returned from my stay at the Conrad from this deal. The hotel was really great, No mention of the rate at all. I had booked the Deluxe Suite through american express travel. The executive lounge staff was exceptional. I truly felt guilty staying for around 21.00 us$ a day. However I did use many of the hotels other services: laundry, spa, roomservice. My laundry bill was more than the whole cost of my stay. Thank you Thorthor for posting this deal!
Old Jun 6, 2007, 6:49 pm

Programs: SPG & CO Plat.
Originally Posted by danceswithsunlight
I just returned from my stay at the Conrad from this deal. The hotel was really great, No mention of the rate at all. I had booked the Deluxe Suite through american express travel. The executive lounge staff was exceptional. I truly felt guilty staying for around 21.00 us$ a day. However I did use many of the hotels other services: laundry, spa, roomservice. My laundry bill was more than the whole cost of my stay. Thank you Thorthor for posting this deal!
Yowza - you used the hotel laundry! You certainly gave something back for the rate. I did some emergency laundry, but otherwise walked it out. Unfortunately, the instructions given by the concierge were to go out the Ruam Rumi (sp?) exit and turn right on Suhkumvit. The first laundry I found was in the grocery store by the Starbucks at Nana Square! There must be one closer.

As I am returning in October, does anyone know a closer laundry?
Old Jun 6, 2007, 7:27 pm

The laundry prices are absolutely ridiculous at the BKK Conrad. I don't think I've ever spent so much for doing such a small amount of laundry. Especially in a city where getting your laundry done is so cheap! However, I did it on purpose because of the low room rate and in respect to them honoring the deal I felt that it was a good idea to toss some bucks their way. Plus I think I would have been embarrassed at the price on check out if I didn't rack up the bill a little.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 3:30 am

What I was saying is that the IBIS is a 2* and can never compare with the suite, let alone the pres, at the conrad.
Anyone in Bkk from 16th to 23rd. Maybe we can meet up for a drink/drinks
Old Jun 7, 2007, 5:38 am
In memoriam

Programs: UA 1K 1.9MM, Starwood Platinum, a nothing in several others
Originally Posted by FatManInNYC
... The first laundry I found was in the grocery store by the Starbucks at Nana Square! There must be one closer...
I saw one in the adjoining shopping center. I also paid the Conrad's high laundry fee, THB3500 for a 750 of rum, etc. When I get a room with over US$2K a day discount I don't worry about such little expenses.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 6:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by malteser
What I was saying is that the IBIS is a 2* and can never compare with the suite, let alone the pres, at the conrad.
Anyone in Bkk from 16th to 23rd. Maybe we can meet up for a drink/drinks
When I was there, I saw every day a profiteer man. Young, around 25-30 in age, dark hair. Every time when was food around, he was imediatelly there and ate as much as he could. I am not sure about what was the reason but it was just too funny to see how greedy he was. Imagine, there was a cake, he could eat 75 % of it alone.
Old Jun 7, 2007, 8:25 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
Originally Posted by gfowler-ord-1k
I saw one in the adjoining shopping center. I also paid the Conrad's high laundry fee...
One shirt at Conrad´s laundry costs 235 THB (~6.80 USD)
The laundry in the adjoining shopping center takes only 70 THB.

Last edited by Dennis; Jun 8, 2007 at 6:02 am
Old Jun 7, 2007, 9:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dennis
One shirt at Conrad´s laundry costs 235 THB (~6.80 USD)
The laundry in the adjoining shopping center takes only 100 THB.
Maybe they need to have such high prices for the laundry because the lose very much money on greedy people who eat too much in the lounge? Did you also see the gnome who ate last week all the cakes on the afternoon tea?

Last edited by Didi; Jun 7, 2007 at 9:53 am Reason: Oooops!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.