Search

$50 off Hotel Bookings on Orbitz Using VISA Checkout

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2014, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold, Delta Gold, AA Plat
this one is still alive.
Old Dec 11, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, Marriott Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, Accor Silver, Club Carlson Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by flyinghigh77
this one is still alive.
Did you forget a question mark? 'Cause it's not.

"We're sorry but limited numbers of this promo code were available for redemption and the limit has been reached. Promo code rules"

Last edited by clublounger; Dec 11, 2014 at 10:58 pm
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:05 am

Originally Posted by clublounger
Did you forget a question mark? 'Cause it's not.

"We're sorry but limited numbers of this promo code were available for redemption and the limit has been reached. Promo code rules"
Still works for me. Are you using the hotel club website?

"Your promotion code has been successfully applied. Select any hotel labeled "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" and you will see your savings on the next page."
Old Dec 12, 2014, 12:38 am

Programs: HH Silver
Yep, alive and well....

Your promotion code has been successfully applied. Select any hotel labeled "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" and you will see your savings on the next page. Promotion Code Rules
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tatterdema
Yep, alive and well....

Your promotion code has been successfully applied. Select any hotel labeled "PROMO CODE ELIGIBLE" and you will see your savings on the next page. Promotion Code Rules
Yeah, but I think they're now enforcing the March 31 travel limitation. When it launched, you could book until summer.

This deal is definitely "needle in a haystack." Unless you're headed to Southeast Asia -- or Vegas -- you're going to have to get lucky to find a true deal. You basically need a cheap, good non-chain hotel with an attractive hotelclub rate. That's not extremely probable.

I also find it odd that Orbitz doesn't give HotelClub its full inventory. Hotels must have a choice as to which brands they're listed on; there must be some incentive NOT to list on HotelClub.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:05 am

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
it works for me as well, only for the hotel I would like, there is no availability on hotelclub but strangely enough there is availability on orbitz.com...
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by KrnGrs
it works for me as well, only for the hotel I would like, there is no availability on hotelclub but strangely enough there is availability on orbitz.com...
Yeah, I just mentioned this weirdness. Even though Orbitz owns them, there's separate inventory. When the Orbitz visacheckout deal was alive a couple days ago, I was able to book a room that wasn't available on HotelClub. Seems like a weird way to run your online travel business; as a consumer, I don't give a darn, except when there's a code that only works on one of them.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by KrnGrs
I've noticed the same. I was all excited and ready to book until I realized I was on orbitz. I switched over to hotelclub and the hotel wasn't there.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:50 am

I was thinking about going there soon... thank OP! Always good to save some money!
Old Dec 12, 2014, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Grenser
I was thinking about going there soon... thank OP! Always good to save some money!
where?
Old Dec 12, 2014, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by iahphx
Yeah, but I think they're now enforcing the March 31 travel limitation. When it launched, you could book until summer.

This deal is definitely "needle in a haystack." Unless you're headed to Southeast Asia -- or Vegas -- you're going to have to get lucky to find a true deal. You basically need a cheap, good non-chain hotel with an attractive hotelclub rate. That's not extremely probable.
Some FlyerTalkers sure are picky about their hotels.

What you describe is very much the typical place I stay on my travels--except to take advantage of this promo, I actually had to up the price of hotels I was looking at to meet the threshold of the promo.

Originally Posted by iahphx
I also find it odd that Orbitz doesn't give HotelClub its full inventory. Hotels must have a choice as to which brands they're listed on; there must be some incentive NOT to list on HotelClub.
I wonder if there is a correlation between Orbitz's "Merchant Hotels" (their prepaid inventory) and HotelClub's inventory. Remember, Orbitz also searches and shows traditional GDS results, too, but those aren't prepaid and don't have special agreements with Orbitz.

I don't think there's a way to differentiate them on the hotel's end. Universally without exception, every Hotels.com property I've stayed at has referred to my reservation as being with Expedia. I would assume (and in my slightly-more-limited experience with them) HotelClub's deals work very similarly to Hotels.com's.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
So I didn't love the deal I was looking at...then I realized...you can do this over again. It says max 2 bookings per person, but if you're cheap and flexible, book 1 night at $100 or more, then just book another night separately at the same price. Discount gets used twice, 50$ and 50$ rather than just 50$ off the 2 night stay.

Too bad the only hotel I really need now is in Bucaramanga and most OTAs only have a couple choices and are all kinda expensive.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
I noticed that this deal does not exclude Thailand and Singapore, unlike the Orbitz cyber-monday deal.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: HH Silver
I have found the availability is the same on both Orbitz and Hotelclub. The only difference I have found, is in the way you search for them. Hotelclub site is glitchy, in that it only searches part of the city you are looking at. Even if you put in the hotel name, it will not bring it up on hotelclub.com unless the part of the city is correct. Took me forever to find the hotel I wanted in PVR on hotelclub. I finally found it by just typing in Vallarta, Mexico. It would not bring it up any other way.

Orbitz also throws in hotels that are not available, but Hotelclub does not.
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:39 pm
Used to be 'flymanbeast'

Programs: Delta silver/marriot platinum
Anyone have any success using this more then 2 times? also make sure to use big crumbs for an additional 7 percent cashback

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.