Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free hotel night at Melia hotels

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by hobo13
Actually Gary hat-tipped SlickDeals....

Which makes me wonder.... does Gary actually spend more time at SD than FT? Nothing surprises me anymore.
Just the usual lameness from many of the bloggers. Super late to the party, contribute absolutely nothing new or interesting about the deal. h/t the absolute worst non-original source of info on the deal to ensure people waste a lot of time reading and get almost none of thier questions answered. Seriously, FT is a travel site with super knowledgable people interested specifically in hotels. I'll be so glad when credit card refs finally go away. Bloggers will have a lot less incentive to play these games of trying to keep everyone trapped on thier sites.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 10:56 am
WAS

Programs: National Parks Annual Pass
Melia does this all the time, when they post extra points and give you a limited window to use them. Afterwards, they take them away.

So, if the promo says minimum 3-night stay, don't be surprised if they take the points away and cancel your reservations if your reservations don't meet the T&Cs.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:03 am

Programs: Alaska, AA, UA, DL, SPG, AMEX
Originally Posted by WAS
Melia does this all the time, when they post extra points and give you a limited window to use them. Afterwards, they take them away.

So, if the promo says minimum 3-night stay, don't be surprised if they take the points away and cancel your reservations if your reservations don't meet the T&Cs.
Agree with you. They had posted 1000 points to my account in December for booking a stay and once the promo was over they clawed it back. So, they are currently using this to get lot of "free marketing". Don't be surprised if your reservations are cancelled if they do not meet T&C.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
Do Not Call!
I'm usually all for avoiding calling when it comes to mistake rates, etc., but it seems as though Melia is well aware that they are giving away 12,000 points free to new accounts. I'm not seeing any potential downside of attempting to book a reservation over the phone using cash+points...? Like I said, I'm not going to make the attempt myself, but it's not like they aren't aware that they are giving out points.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 6:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
If it says you already have an account, make sure you are not entering a passport/citizen ID that may already exist in their system.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Maravilla
You can make unlimited accounts on Melia. Acc. Info can be updated.
If you make 100 accounts, you have 100 free nights. LOL
Did you forget the bit where you gave them your passport number? They are gonna want to see that when you check in.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:29 pm
jxd

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit
Did you forget the bit where you gave them your passport number? They are gonna want to see that when you check in.
You can change your passport number in the profile section after signing up. I've got 2 accounts with the same passport number and 1 more with a different passport number in case the 2 with the same passport number gets removed.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by italdesign
If it says you already have an account, make sure you are not entering a passport/citizen ID that may already exist in their system.
Thanks for this tip. I didn't really want to give them my passport number and was putting in NA. I kept getting the error until I put in a real number.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 1:19 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
personally, I've never set my passport #.......!
Old Apr 16, 2014, 2:57 am

Expired, now you obtain 0 points for register.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: UA , Delta Silver,TG , HHonors , AA, BA,Asia Miles,
I only got 2000 points and 15% off code.Is it expired for 12000?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:25 am

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
Originally Posted by Cana2013
Nice! I only got the points.
And I didn't get the 10k points, only the 15k discount code
Old Apr 16, 2014, 9:13 am

Programs: MR, DL, MM, HH
another only 2000 points and 15% code
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:20 am

15% discount only
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:32 am

Programs: SPG platinum, Best Western Platinum, SIXT platinum
Deleting points

Hey people..

i just saw on my account, they have deleted all points - now i have 0 points.. My booking is still active.

My friend she had 12.000 points yesterday - but havent made any booking yet and its the same 0 points..

So if you have your points, be quick and book it..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.